Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Film 'Prometheus' trailer sees Ridley Scott revisit the world of 'Alien'

'Prometheus' trailer sees Ridley Scott revisit the world of 'Alien'
    The first trailer for Ridley Scott's new blockbuster Prometheus has debuted online.

The movie, about a team of scientists and explorers who find themselves stranded on a distant planet, is Scott's first science fiction offering since 1982's Blade Runner.

Thanks to Modcoms

tawny (23rd December 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 'Prometheus' trailer sees Ridley Scott revisit the world of 'Alien'

that looks great, definitely worth a trip to the cinema
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't wait for this. Alien and Aliens are amongst my top 10.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Made me do a white wee!!!!
    I am declairing war!
    PS3: tawnyboy

Thanks
    Karma Level

That trailer seems to show the derelict space craft from the original Alien film flying then crashing and the Space Jockey chair spinning into location. There also seems to be a Space Jockey head/skull on the medical table.
    I also can't wait for this; there are apparently no original Aliens in this film either according to Scott.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw Alien in the West end on release when nobody had any idea what it was all about, fantastic, suspenseful film. I'm afraid all that came after however technically adept had lost the advantage and were doomed to be merely interesting. the second film in particular substituted the Psychological horror of the unseen for pure numbers, James Cameron was a bad choice for that I'm afraid though to be fair I AM a huge Ridley Scott fan and he suffered by comparison.
    I look forward to this one though since I love SciFi and Scott's work generally, should be a cracker!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm also expecting a Charlize Theron take on the knicker and space suit scene. That was one of my earliest wank memories.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Now there's a thought. . . . . . . . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looking forward to this. Heard about it a bit back, and to have the main man in charge again will be good.

Def gonna be a cinema film for me, and i dont say that often.

In one of the Alien re-releases there are more refernces to the Space Jockey thing. Aliens look epic in this.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Holy shit - an original decent hollywood movie! Looking forward to this as I am a fan of the Alien and Aliens films (I even have the HR Giger artwork book for the film and visited the live Aliens experience when it was on at London Trocadero many many years ago!).
    Last edited by ZX7R; 23rd December 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I saw Alien in the West end on release when nobody had any idea what it was all about, fantastic, suspenseful film. I'm afraid all that came after however technically adept had lost the advantage and were doomed to be merely interesting. the second film in particular substituted the Psychological horror of the unseen for pure numbers, James Cameron was a bad choice for that I'm afraid though to be fair I AM a huge Ridley Scott fan and he suffered by comparison.
    I look forward to this one though since I love SciFi and Scott's work generally, should be a cracker!
    I think it's because Scott had done the suspense thing so well that Cameron was the perfect choice for the sequel. It couldn't be redone in suspense so might as well go all out action and Cameron did a fucking good job of it imo!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope it's good . Ridley Scott's best days are well behind him. He has knocked out some very average fare the last few years . Don't get me wrong i want to see it .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

this makes me erect. fully.