Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You'll still have to fill in the form.

If your bank reject your claim telling you they don't feel the PPI was missold, make sure you refer it to the FOS. They get an independent adjudicator to look at it and find 88% in favour of the consumer. I got £3800 back off Barclaycard and currently have a mortgage claim with the FSO which should be about £8k if they find in my favour.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks to neo2810

BFG (16th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Do It Yourself PPI claim form

I did this a few years ago with the Halifax and it worked.

Shame they didnt produce some sort of database cos I know I have had PPI with other companies but who I dont know

Thanks
    Karma Level

@ Realist and any others who can't remember who leant them money and may have had ppi....Easy answer is just send off £2 to equifax or experian asking for your credit file. This will have details of who you have had any financial dealings with in the last 6 years. Once you have that info it is easy to go on from there to get to the bottom of who may have missold you ppi.
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

3 Thanks given to DavidF

ant3b (26th April 2012),  Bald Bouncer (16th April 2012),  Nikki (1st June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

So David, can you only go back 6 years?

Thanks
    Karma Level

In theory you can only go back 6 years. Some lenders have been known to pay out for older cases. For the price of a stamp and a couple of £ to request the info it's got to be worth a go if you know who your lender is. Remember the 6 years is from the last action on the account so in theory you could have a loan that you paid over a period of say 10 years but your final payment was 5 years 11 months ago then you "should" still be able to reclaim.
    Moneysavingexpert.com has an absolute ton of info and guidance as well as template letters for every stage of the process. It's really worth a look as they guys really do know what they are doing over there.

2 Thanks given to DavidF

Goldberg (26th April 2012),  ilscuro (16th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

MY Bank honoured older than 6 years old, but they stated there was no proof of value/amount or any history on 6 of 9 of my instances beyond a threshold date - for which they paid their 'average PPI refund value' for them, which happened to be £1,200 each. They dated back to 2002.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks
    Karma Level

From 1st November 2009, we will be subject to the Banking Conduct of Business Sourcebook (BCOBS) which is regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). This brings into force a new banking conduct regime and replaces the non lending aspects of the Banking Code.

This is a great new piece of legislation which allows the consumer to take the bank straight to court if they play unfair which is far quicker than going through the fos or fsa. I've read the general sourcebook which sort of skims over the legislation but there are other sources which go into more detail which the banks have, it seems like the banks want to keep it from us. If your bank problem is before 1st Nov 2009 that is covered under COBS which doesn't give the consumer much in the way BCOBS does but you can still use the Unfair treatment clause if they are being awkward with you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The way I understand it the 6 year "rule" that gets mentioned isnt really a rule - its just that all financial institutions HAVE to keep all records of you going back 6yrs.. if u can find your details from prior to that (eg a mortgage offer etc) then you can base your claim off that - Im claiming for a mortgage that ran between 2000 and 2004 at the moment. (fingers crossed).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    @ Realist and any others who can't remember who leant them money and may have had ppi....Easy answer is just send off £2 to equifax or experian asking for your credit file. This will have details of who you have had any financial dealings with in the last 6 years. Once you have that info it is easy to go on from there to get to the bottom of who may have missold you ppi.
    Just done this mate. Thanks for the info.

I usually say no to PPI but i think ive been stung a few times in the past being naive

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just checked out my details. Has my last 3 properties and all linked accounts etc.. but the loans I know I took it out on are out of the 6 years
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Be aware if you do the Experian statutory credit report online you can only add 2 previous addresses, so if like me, you have another couple of addresses there's no point getting it. £2 down the tubes.
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ahh didnt know this GRR only added the one before.. well its only £2

Thanks
    Karma Level

Er....I did say write to them. Meaning the old fashioned pen/paper method where both companies will furnish you with your details as long as you give them all your previous addresses then they will ink them together and send you back your credit report. Doing it online may well be "easy" but it means you "agree" to becoming a member where you will get your credit report free but you will have to phone up and cancel or after your 1st month of "membership" you will get charged a monthly fee. Much more than £2 if you forget...try £6.99 per month for 1 and £14.99 per month for the other. Some times the old ways are the best lol.

@ Monkfish the "6 year rule" is where they can say yes we owe you money but "Up Yours" because there has been no activity on the account for 6 years you cannot take us to court for any monies owed. This works both ways. It is called the "statute of limitations" if you want to google it further. Like I say it works both ways ie say you got a loan out but somehow managed not to pay any payments for 6+ years then the loan/credit card company cannot pursue you through the courts for the recovery of the money. They can write to you and ask you nicely...but thats about all they can do......hope that clears things up a little.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Far as I know the statutory online one is different to their free trial in that you pay the £2 rather than get it for nothing. So nothing to cancel as far as I know.
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive been thinking about doing this for far too long now, thanks to the OP..i have the form and been in touch with my bank, apparently i am still paying protection on a flexiloan i took out in 2003. asked if i could cancel to which the responded that i would need to go into a branch to do that. is it better for me to cancel this prior to making a claim? i still make use of the loan from time to time

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hotentot View Post
    asked if i could cancel to which the responded that i would need to go into a branch to do that. is it better for me to cancel this prior to making a claim?
    What utter bullshit !!!

I would make note of the date and time you rang them, this can also be made in the claim.
    You can cancel anytime you see fit.

Get the PPI form in and they have 8 weeks to sort it out!

Keep a copy of your complaint if they do not pay up go to the ombudsman.

Which bank is the loan with???

k.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by keith lard View Post

Which bank is the loan with???

k.
    thanks for the response mate, its HSBC.....i called up their call centre last Friday, chap wasnt sure if i could cancel over the phone so went away to find out and came back saying i need to do it in a branch (any branch)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Going to give go, for the price of a stamp I may as well !

Thanks
    Karma Level

HSBC are the worst... the .financial-ombudsman are in 99% of all customer complaints (you will win!)

Send in the form, and read here...

http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/per.../mis-sold-ppi/

once they have your complaint they have to cancel your PPI.

If you are not happy with there responce (they have 8 weeks)

send all info to the financial-ombudsman.

Do make a copy of your complaint before you send it to HSBC.

Good Luck!!!

k.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive got a claim for 6 on the go with hsbc at the mo they received my complaint on monday fingers crossed
    Signature Removed: Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast