Default Re: Do It Yourself PPI claim form

rookie, i am really glad for you.. spend the money well mate

Thanks to ratty

rookie (2nd July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lukese View Post
    i sent mine on the 8th of may, got a letter within a few weeks saying thanks bla bla bla then got a letter around a week ago saying its taking longer than we thought, 8 weeks is up on monday, whats the deal if they take longer than 8 weeks?

Cheers

Luke
    Sorry for late reply, to be honest my housemate hasnt got his yet and he sent his two days beofe mine, hes been told that he is getting hos offer letter this week,
    i was phoning up making sure i got put through to the "uk" call centre and complaining every day, they are busy though with ppi claims there musta be loads of people claiming

Thanks
    Karma Level

spoke to ehm the other day, said they have untill 15 July, i asked if they had ever completed one in under the maximum 8 weeks he said they didnt have to! haha typical

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lukese View Post
    spoke to ehm the other day, said they have untill 15 July, i asked if they had ever completed one in under the maximum 8 weeks he said they didnt have to! haha typical
    mate when did u send off ur first letter, call them back up, they recieved my first letter on thr 2nd may i kept calling every few days to remind tem they had 8 weeks from the date they had the letter loks like it work ed for me, be patient fella the moneys coming

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My partner filled in the PPI form and sent it to her bank, they have written back to her saying that they offered her £42 last November but now the offer has expired and they are not going to offer anything. They have said she can contact the Financial Obmudsman but that they will not do anything to help her. What do you guys think she should do?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    My partner filled in the PPI form and sent it to her bank, they have written back to her saying that they offered her £42 last November but now the offer has expired and they are not going to offer anything. They have said she can contact the Financial Obmudsman but that they will not do anything to help her. What do you guys think she should do?
    hi mate i wood get onto the ombudsman but i do hear it can take up to a year

Thanks to rookie

Mickey (8th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

i had an offer through.

To recap i sent in a form quoting two loan account and a credit card account, they sent me a letter back saying 2 loan accounts and 2 credit card accounts where being investigated. one loan that a knew about one that i didnt, the load other loan i had questioned was referenced in the letter stating that there was no ppi attached to that loan. fast forward 8 weeks, i have an offer for 2 loans, one of them being the one that they said in the first letter didnt have no ppi attached! there a joke, and also no mention of the credit cards! is this the norm? im calling them today.

offer was for £1400 no where near what i was expecting but he ho, im just sure i have paid more than that in ppi over two loans and two credit cards. ill post some updates when i speak to them but id imagine its all going to have to be done through writing which will be painfully slow.

£1400 better off so far anyway!

Luke

Thanks
    Karma Level

been on the phone to them, they are saying that the two credit card ppi claims where refused. giving no reason. i said i really dont see how this could be as they were listed on teh same sheet with the same excuses as to the loan ppi claims and it was like talking to a robot. "if you want to complain read the back of the letter" so thats exactly what im going to do. £1400 is not a silly amount of money but im not desperate for the cash either so ill let the ombudsmen sort this one out, just need to work out what i do next with regards to the complaint. more googling me thinks! keep you posted

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, got my initial acknowledgement letter from HSBC dated 25 May, which to my reckoning makes tomorrow 8 weeks. on the letter and according to their own website "We expect to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks. In any event, we will be in touch within eight weeks to update you on our investigation. If you have not recieved a reply from us within 8 weeks of raising your complaint, you have the right to refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service"

do i now call them if i dont recieve a letter from them tomorrow? or go straight to the Ombudsman, if so does anyone know the process for doing this?

Thanks
    Karma Level

mine was with hsbc, mortgage ppi, they were pretty quick in responding and said their records didn't go back that far (11 years worth) so they couldn't verify mis-selling, more like didn't want to admit liability, anyway they have offered £6.5k which is full repayment of premiums plus 8% interest, just need to check the figures now then i'll accept it. New camera on order

Thanks
    Karma Level

just got off the phone with them, she said that my case was "closed" yesterday and that a letter was sent out. she did not know what the letter said or even the outcome of the claim, so guess i just wait to see the letter and take it from there

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive had an offer back today!! I paid out £111 in premiums, and with interest etc they have offered me £320! Money I wouldnt have had ! Thanks again to the OP.
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i eventually got an offer from HSBC after chasing them on Monday, offer was less than expected as they stated they can only go back 6 years, but i should provide evidence of anything prior to that (well if they dont have it i wont) but all in all very happy with the £1050 they've given me.... will be most useful going on holiday next week.... Happy Days..

anyone still wondering if they should do this, dont , just do it, you've got nothing to lose

Thanks
    Karma Level

i just got back my 2nd claim, another £1300 heading my way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    i just got back my 2nd claim, another £1300 heading my way.
    Thats ACE!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I kept telling my Mrs that she should make a claim and she kept saying that there is nothing to claim.I kept bugging her and finally she gave in and gave me the details of her account and I sent off a claim.She has just got an offer of £8661 and now she cant keep her hands off me and is so loving.Result both ways !!!

2 Thanks given to ibobsy

keith lard (9th August 2012),  Rick Sanchez (11th August 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Im not sure if I had PPI.. ive had that many loans and things i cant remember who I got them off? i got that £2 experian report but not sure if i had ppi?

shall i just write a blanket letter to all of them?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    Im not sure if I had PPI.. ive had that many loans and things i cant remember who I got them off? i got that £2 experian report but not sure if i had ppi?

shall i just write a blanket letter to all of them?

Just put in the claim, they will look into it and tell you if you had PPI, within 8 weeks!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ibobsy View Post
    I kept telling my Mrs that she should make a claim and she kept saying that there is nothing to claim.I kept bugging her and finally she gave in and gave me the details of her account and I sent off a claim.She has just got an offer of £8661 and now she cant keep her hands off me and is so loving.Result both ways !!!
    YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!!

Thanks to keith lard

ibobsy (10th August 2012)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Does this affect your credit rating etc if you do this? And can I do this on my deceased fathers estate (just passed away)?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast