Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao The REALLY big breakfast: 6,000 calorie fry-up is slammed by health campaigners

The REALLY big breakfast: 6,000 calorie fry-up is slammed by health campaigners... but a hit with diners

A monster breakfast which weighs the same as a small child and could potentially kill diners is attracting criticism from angry health campaigners

The Kidz Breakfast at Jesters Diner in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, includes 12 rashers of bacon, 12 sausages and six eggs and weighs on average 9lb - 1lb 5oz more than the average newborn baby.

Health experts are demanding its removal from the menu and are warning someone with a heart condition could die if they eat it, with each helping amounting to at least 6,000 calories, up to three days' food intake for an average person.

Monster meal: Diner boss Martin Smith and employee Ruth Pettinghill show off £15 stomach-bursting fry-up

Egged on: If Lee Williams finishes the feast within an hour without help from Ava Wheeler, six, he eats for free

Greasy spoon owner Martin Smith said the gigantic breakfast, which comes on a 2.5 sq ft plate, is 'just a bit of fun', with the menu inviting diners to tuck in and 'leave a stone heavier'.

Customers are also offered the £15 mammouth meal for free if they can devour the fry-up in less than an hour without help but no one has managed the stomach bursting feat.

Ellie Hambling, from HeartCare Cardiac Support Group, said: 'It would absolutely ruin your heart. It’s a no-goer I’m afraid.'

Prof David Haslam, from the National Obesity Forum, warned it 'is possible' someone could die after eating the meal in a single sitting, but added it was 'very unlikely'.

He said eating the breakfast was 'dangerous' and 'profoundly wrong' and could lead to diabetes, heart disease and a stroke.

Gut-busting: The Kidz Breakfast weighs in at an incredible 9lb - 1lb 5oz more than the average newborn baby

Mr Smith said: “We kept getting hassled that our Fat Boy Breakfast wasn’t big enough so we decided that we’d go one stage further and take it to the ultimate.”

He added: “Obviously this is not something that should be attempted lightly. We don’t particularly recommend it. It’s just a bit of fun really.”

The diner owner has refused to take his big breakfast off the menu but has agreed to help raise money for the HeartCare charity.

>>Sauce<<
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The REALLY big breakfast: 6,000 calorie fry-up is slammed by health campaigners

Fooking 'elll, that is a beast of a breakfast. Even better if they could blend and serve it in liquid form.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The REALLY big breakfast: 6,000 calorie fry-up is slammed by health campaigners

This was a deal on HUKD the other day Along with a 71oz steak for £50 or free if eaten within an hour or so.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon I could do this in the evening (if it is an all-day breakfast), but not in the morning.

Would be nice to try!

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We need to get Adam Richman on the case !!
    VIP WOOP !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

£15 seems way too cheap for all that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    £15 seems way too cheap for all that.
    I'd imagine that the usual option is using basic catering trade food rather than anything of decent quality. I think the amount of bread (fried and buttered) makes it looks more money as well.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

£7-8 quids worth of catering crap i would say

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Fucking pc brigade wankers at it again "someone could die eating this "!, the chap is only trying to get publicity for his cafe, i say well done!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks to greens117

beacytan (31st January 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greens117 View Post
    Fucking pc brigade wankers at it again "someone could die eating this "!, the chap is only trying to get publicity for his cafe, i say well done!
    FFS! Don't buy in to the Daily Fails shite. The only people causing trouble here are Do-badders, that being shit stirring Daily Fail staff.

"attracting criticism from angry health campaigners"

Angry health campaigners? Bollocks. Where are the angry quotes?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Great bargain for a family of four !

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm hungry now, somehow my measly bowl of porridge just doesn't seem adequate anymore!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

it would take me a couple of days to get through that
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I haven't seen anything that remotely looks like an English breakfast for 6 months, I reckon I could destroy that.

Thanks to {{909}}

XBOX4LIFE (1st February 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Funny how these stories keep coming about. I remember there was one in Bolton a few years ago, it then led onto link for the Heart Attack Grill (The owner is now dead)...

The world is in recession, we are told to not to spend but to spend... The guy is trying to get people into his Cafe. no doubt because he is struggling..

Ellie Hambling - fuck off you cunt!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd give the 72oz steak a go, but I think I might not be able to do it despite being confident.

The bloke on Man vs Food has done more, but he prepares for his challenges. Drinks lots of water and stuff or something. I had a 24oz steak couple of months back and managed to eat that, but I felt exhausted after, if a little sick.

As for the breakfast, it's nothing short of a standard in fear345's house.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

BertRoot (31st January 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The breakfast looks brilliant - I've had loads of breakfasts before for £7-8, that thing would be perfect for 2 people to feast on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesters is about 8 miles up the road from me, might treat the family

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

One of the guys i follow on Twitter (also a big Bristol Rugby fan) has a Youtube channel called "My Virgin Kitchen" and he did an Epic British Pizza that was over 9000 calories

Thanks to RSV

Goldberg (1st February 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

He never eat all that!!! It was immense!!
    We all make mistakes sometimes