I have a TVonics DTR Z500 Freeview digibox, although that might be irrelevant.

I turned it on tonight from standby and it said that it was "... starting up, please wait".

All well and good so far and nothing unusual there.

However, after booting and showing BBC1 for a few seconds (picture and sound normal) it rebooted - then showed BBC1 for a few seconds (picture and sound normal) then it rebooted - then showed BBC1 for a few seconds (picture and sound normal) then it rebooted - then showed BBC1 for a few seconds (picture and sound normal) then it rebooted ...

I could go on forever (it is doing) but you get my drift?

The manual says ...

Should you experience a problem with your Freeview+ box which can’t be resolved using the table below, put the unit into Standby mode, then unplug completely from the mains. Leave the unit unplugged for at least one minute before connecting again to the mains.

Well, the "table below" mentions nothing like this and I can't actually do what it says, because it refuses to accept any commands from the remote so I cannot put it into standby mode.

Left with no alternative, I unplugged it from the mains for a minute and plugged it back in and the loop started again.

I then unplugged it for five minutes, plugged it in and the loop started again.

The same after 30 minutes, which gives me the impression that it ain't gonna stop not no-how!

Can anyone help with any suggestions as to what i can do to stop this loop?

There appears to be no hard reset button and the only way to do a factory reset is to use a menu command - which i can't get at because it refuses to accept any commands from the remote and there are no buttons on the machine.

Catch 22 anyone?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.