Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

moan Ebay bidders, dont you just love them!

Listed item on Ebay 17 watchers and the bidding started a day before the auction ended. Listed price to post and even offered collection due to the weight and the item size.

H
    ad no contact from the winning bidder so I emailed them the following day to ask for a UK addy and sent him an invoice.
    Guess what the Numpty is in Berlin and asked if I will post to Berlin. I confirmed as per the auction UK post and now he no longer wants the goods............What a complete waste of space........... Now I have to try and recover my fees and relist the item......

Rant over, sorry

B
    Don't take life seriously. It isn't permanent.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay bidders, dont you just love them!

GTI....maybee ?

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

3 Thanks given to wakadoo

BBK (13th March 2012),  GTI (12th March 2012),  Over Carl (12th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

No M8 LOL seen the other thread.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lets hope he dont leave u neg feedback

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Lets hope he dont leave u neg feedback
    If he does he does, would be a shame as I've never had Neg feedback since I opened the account (many years ago).

I've had 2 x cheques bounce, winning bidders cancel their bids, PP monies retracted, winning bidder want to pay by Western Union etc and it seem EBay attracts a different host of people

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can block bidders from country's you don't post to M8,but some people take the piss nowadays.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i allways state uk postage only

Thanks
    Karma Level

Will now specifically state UK only.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by danthescan View Post
    You can block bidders from country's you don't post to M8,but some people take the piss nowadays.
    Do this.

You have to actually block countries or anyone can still bid. If you raise a dispute that the bidder is in a country that you didn't agree to ship to it's up to the bidder to agree to cancel the transaction, if they don't, you automatically lose the dispute.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Do this.

You have to actually block countries or anyone can still bid. If you raise a dispute that the bidder is in a country that you didn't agree to ship to it's up to the bidder to agree to cancel the transaction, if they don't, you automatically lose the dispute.
    Hows that fair that you don't state you will post outside of the Uk and then the buyer determines if you can have your fees reimbursed?????

Thanks
    Karma Level

The following comments aren't aimed at anyone here:

This is what I don't get. Why don't these people post to Europe? What's the difference to you apart from an extra line on the postage address? If you get paid then post the cunting thing! The only decent European ebay sites are the UK and Germany ones so all of the rest of Europe mostly visits these sites in hope of finding a seller who will post to their respective countries. People in the UK are seriously missing a trick by not offering European postage.

If the buyer has good feedback and is made aware of the postage cost and pays them, then there's no reason not to post to them. It's on the buyer's head then if he's not happy to send an item back. There's just as many scammers in the UK as there are out of it too. I don't wanna hear the excuse, well if it's in the UK I can track them down..yeah right, how many people do you think have actually ever confronted a dodgy buyer in the UK?

Again, if the buyer has good feedback and has paid you there's no reason not to send out the item. I'm fucked for finding anything decent on ebay because the majority don't post here and it pisses me off because I'm a genuine buyer who wants to give people money in exchange for goods!

I agree that the Belge was a cunt for not checking the postage on your item bomberman as he's waisted your time and his.

Thanks to cyprus

GTI (15th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I post worldwide and although it generally has made me some hefty profit selling rare UK CDs to America, I had to bust my balls posting a Sega Saturn to Norway and a fucking Hifi separate to a school in Zimbabwe.

I guess some sellers just don't like the potential risk of dealing with someone they cant drive to their house and rip their throat out if they rip you off.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm guessing in a lot of cases it's down to the seller labouring under the (largely wrong) idea that to post out of the UK is always a pain in the arse and expensive so opt for UK only. Of course when you're sending heavy items it does, and if you're sending valuable items anywhere out of Europe, you want it to be tracked and that's not cheap. Sending a package to Japan by international signed for costs about £12 and that gives you UK tracking only. If you want to track it to it's destination it has to go Parcelforce and that's going to set you back the best part of £60 with an extra charge if you want to have a larger compensation price.

Small packets to Europe though are only a few quid more so I don't see the hang-up, but sellers either don't want to send or want to charge silly prices because they think it's going to cost a lot or be a ballache to sort out. I always know when my mate's thinking of coming over as I start to get shitloads of parcels being delivered here for him to take back as he saves a fortune and/or can't get them sent over to him.

I don't often see the problem in reverse. Sellers in Europe - Germany in particular - don't seem to have any issues with sending to the UK.

Thanks to Zoots

cyprus (15th March 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    Hows that fair that you don't state you will post outside of the Uk and then the buyer determines if you can have your fees reimbursed?????
    It's really not and it happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    This is what I don't get. Why don't these people post to Europe?
    The item I sold that I'm referring to above cost ~£4 to send within the UK and ~£20 to send to Europe (about the same cost as the item itself). It was also a fairly fragile item so if it had been broken in transit I would have made a £20 loss instead of a profit. Once items breach the small packets size limit the price just skyrockets.

I think with private sellers a lot of people just want to make the selling process as quick and simple as possible and that includes not worrying about looking up costs for international postage.

What annoys me about shipping abroad is that if I ship in the UK I can just stick a large letter stamp on the envelope but for shipping to Europe I have to keep a load of loose stamps so I can make up £1.49 (or thereabouts) each time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    This is what I don't get. Why don't these people post to Europe? What's the difference to you apart from an extra line on the postage address? If you get paid then post the cunting thing! The only decent European ebay sites are the UK and Germany ones so all of the rest of Europe mostly visits these sites in hope of finding a seller who will post to their respective countries. People in the UK are seriously missing a trick by not offering European postage.
    Here Here.. I even offer to arrange a courier pick up of the item (Parcel2go) and pay by bank transfer and they still say 'no'.
    Fucking little Englanders!
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

If I wanted to post outside of the UK I would have said, but didnt.

The item is 1600mm x 150 x 200 and is slightly fragile noting its size and the ends.

I would be happier if they asked in advance and then suggested to arrange their own courier, however could imagine that it takes a week to get there and is broken in transit then the Numpty would blame i.e. broken in the first place or a wrapped it poorly etc therefore i'm afraid that its just not worth the hassle, sorry

B

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will post anywhere as that's how i like it,but i limit bids to UK if that's where i want to send it.

So blocking bids from country's i don't send to works,but an item i am selling now said UK only and i get an Email from a German,so got postal costs and contacted him.Looks like it will be going to Germany.His money is as good as any ones.

Heavy or Fragile i keep to UK.But serious bidders can always ask and an arrangement will be made.
    Airsure is not to expensive,so if the Buyer pays postage then i will send it anywhere,just not Nigeria.

Just looked again and it might be Holland,i don't care as long as it gets paid for and arrives safe.
    Last edited by danthescan; 15th March 2012 at 05:02 PM.

2 Thanks given to danthescan

cyprus (15th March 2012),  Detector (15th March 2012)