Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention GTA: V - Disgruntled Former RockStar Employee Spills Beans....

Rumors have been running rampant about GTA V for a while but it looks like there might be some ample information available on the game thanks to a disgruntled former RockStar employee who completely spilled the beans about the game.

A while back there were some other false rumours about Grand Theft Auto V supposedly attached to an editor at Future Publishing's PSM3 magazine. The Editor in Chief denied having someone working there who would spill information that would have otherwise been attached to a non-disclosure agreement.

What's more is that the rumors released before were highly suspect, given that they mentioned in-game mechanics that didn't quite meld to today's generation of gaming console technology. However, the new rumors seem a lot more believable. What's more is that info was posted in a
    forum thread that has since been removed.

This is what the ex-employee had to say....

Hello!

I am a friend of someone who recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct. Because one contract to RockStar covered everything, including secrecy, and his contractual obligation was now removed, he was legally allowed to spill the beans on RockStar’s upcoming GTA V. And he is making damn sure everyone knows about it.

Here is the info you really want:

The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He’s a half Hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He’s lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn’t told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponry. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own territory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it’s a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities). The map is (like most GTAs) separated into three different sections.

4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customizable to an extent, for example, you can customize a gun to have a suppressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here’s some stuff you might like:

The protagonist is the “rich guy” from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it’s going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs.

5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don’t know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio. 7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

7. [Editor's note: the following point contains spoilers for RDR and L.A Noire] The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.

8. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

9. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the street will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

10. Police cars will go after you if you’re obviously breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted Levels:

1 Star
    – police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 Star – police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 Star – Chases begin and the police don’t care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 Star – road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 Star – shoot to kill, arrest only if it’s made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 Star – military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

2 Thanks given to Castor_Troy0701

Mr Slippyfist (27th March 2012),  WRATH OF BOD (11th May 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: GTA: V - Disgruntled Former RockStar Employee Spills Beans....

More realistic is a backward step IMHO. I've bought almost all the GTA's and finished them all but gave up before finishing IV because they decided to replace fun with realism.

Thanks
    Karma Level

so basically its the same as the last one with slightly more features. Now theres a shock!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    so basically its the same as the last one with slightly more features. Now theres a shock!
    What would you change/want in GTA V?

Open question to the forum.

Thanks
    Karma Level

gta went dull after gta2 imho
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

2 Thanks given to maltloaf

ka$h (27th March 2012),  RUDE BOI (6th June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

liked the first one, stopped playing as soon as it went first person.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like the GTA games, my comment wasnt a negative against the games themselves, more towards some the guy leaking the info about the game as its some sort of revolution.

Its like leaking info that the next iphone will have a faster CPU.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

personally i rate the GTA's as some of my most favourite games, San Andreas and the Ballad of Gay Tony are the highlights for each subset
    Im really looking forward to this!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    More realistic is a backward step IMHO. I've bought almost all the GTA's and finished them all but gave up before finishing IV because they decided to replace fun with realism.
    Well thats your opinion. I love realistic games... Thats what makes them fun!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisar View Post
    Well thats your opinion. I love realistic games... Thats what makes them fun!
    Yes, that's why I started my post with IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looking forward to it.