Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure its the end if piracy. I reckon this is a red rag to a bull for someone to crack the protection. If it was cracked, possibly more people would turn to piracy than normal to get around the draconian measures.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: SONY to rip customers a new arse!!

Play the demo before buying and downloading the game.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If they do this then perhaps they will make the games transferable but at a cost, don't think I'll be buying one regardless.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greaseweasel View Post
    Not sure its the end if piracy. I reckon this is a red rag to a bull for someone to crack the protection. If it was cracked, possibly more people would turn to piracy than normal to get around the draconian measures.

Agreed

Thanks
    Karma Level

It wont happen

Thanks
    Karma Level

If developers currently won't publish games that don't fit the COD/FIFA moulds because they can't see a win from a profit/risk/cost ratio how the fuck will this outlook get any better with consumer nervous of buying anything and potentially getting stuck with a real shitter of a game with no resale value.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    It wont happen
    Maybe but both Orbis and the Xbox 720 effort have mentioned some single registration/download only shite in the rumoured gfump.

I hope you are right but this is too much of a coincidence.

Thanks
    Karma Level

More to the point is that this is the beginning of the end of physical media. It will all be user account based and in theory, that should make it cheaper for us.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

It all depends on what the reality is when we get there.

If downloadable games become a lot cheaper, then fine. I mainly play live arcade games these days, which are about £5-8 a pop, in preference to longer games with a physical disc.

If Call of Duty still costs £40 to download, without the ability to sell it on afterwards, then forget it.

I just can't see them doing this yet. Sony will still be mulling over their sales data for the PSP Go.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

my philosophy until now is buy play and sell when I've had enough of it, so a game has usually cost me very little to play. I don't tend to play multiplayer so redeemable codes etc don't really bother me.

With the vita, my mentality has changed. I now play a demo thoroughly before I buy as I know once i've bought a download, it's mine forever. I think as long as you go into it with eyes open you can have no complaints.

Personally I'm gutted to see the secondhand market fall away though, but on a person to person level, not a game/gamestation etc level.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

One thing I have noticed over the last few years with having most of my games on hdd's on the wii the ps3,psp and xbox is my laziness in terms of swapping physical media over but the price structure on the vita is a joke when comparing physical and digital. I don't mind paying for decent games and would rather have them stored on a hdd or a memory card but I ain't paying extra for it when it should be the other way around.

Also I don't know if it's the same for kids now but I would spend hours in games shops when I was a kid playing on c64 games, and without high street games stores I don't know if years down the line the adult market will be as strong as it is now anyway.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i think if everyone said no they would have to change, if no one bought from sony or any other major comp for just one month they would panic, but would we? nah, we're to lazy.
    I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Maybe but both Orbis and the Xbox 720 effort have mentioned some single registration/download only shite in the rumoured gfump.

I hope you are right but this is too much of a coincidence.
    i thought i replied this. I do alot of backend work for ISPS. The infrastructure isnt there. DLC only wont happen on the next release of consoles.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If this happens, Sony must realise from the sales of the PSP Go that doing the same thing for the Playstation 4 or whatever they are going to name it, will be kicking themselves in the bullocks. If, on the other hand you can transfer the ownership of the game to another account once it's paid for, that maybe the way to go - but this again could be a security hole for game sharing...

I recently bought Sniper V2 for the PS3 and completed it within 3 days. I was hoping the game would last longer than that and has now put me off buying new games. Developers seem to be knocking out games that are almost generically the same to claw in some fast cash.

I prefer the challenge of single player gaming now as playing online is far too competitive and ridiculously difficult. Developers should be concentrating more on making the Single player versions of gaming more so to give the game more of a reason to buy it.

The simple fact is piracy cannot be stopped and should be approached completely differently, no amount of security or checks are going to stop it.
    A few thousand employees against a planet full of programmers, hacker groups and reverse engineers is never going to win.
    The only way to stop people from reverse engineering games or consoles is to lower the price of the games.

More sales = More profit. One day, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will listen to their consumers and hopefully get it right.

If a brand new released game, was to cost, say £8 and you had to download it and it's yours forever, I think piracy would be wiped out, but just because the game is not coming with a disk, I cant see the price dropping too much.

I suppose time will tell.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 3rd July 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The piracy statement is not true. Look at J-Tagged 360's - You can still obtain the Arcade Games if you know what you are doing.

For me now it is all about the Arcade Games (Legit). I prefer to pay the £8 - £12 or whatever the cost is and play them. The latest Trials on the 360 is awesome example of a pick up and play game.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Love it when people complain that they complete a game is a few days and it's therefore not worth the money.. Let's say it takes 14 hours to complete. That's the equivalent of 6 or 7 movies - which would be a lot more expensive than buying a new game. Plus many games have online and replay factors that lengthen the experience as well as DLC to extend with new maps and storylines.

The only thing I hate is what EA is doing to the games industry with the games that are locked to a console. Time was if a friend wanted to try out a game before shelling out 40 notes on it we would lend them between ourselves to give it a go. This is no longer possible for online content such as BF3 or ME3 and other EA games - at least not without buying the online pass. Daylight robbery.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Love it when people complain that they complete a game is a few days and it's therefore not worth the money.. Let's say it takes 14 hours to complete. That's the equivalent of 6 or 7 movies - which would be a lot more expensive than buying a new game. Plus many games have online and replay factors that lengthen the experience as well as DLC to extend with new maps and storylines.

The only thing I hate is what EA is doing to the games industry with the games that are locked to a console. Time was if a friend wanted to try out a game before shelling out 40 notes on it we would lend them between ourselves to give it a go. This is no longer possible for online content such as BF3 or ME3 and other EA games - at least not without buying the online pass. Daylight robbery.
    I'm more annoyed when the game turns out to be shit. My gaming days are well behind me now, I buy COD every year and play it for a month or two online then the fun wears off until the next release. Just don't have the time to play but when I used to buy games I was always annoyed when they were poor so generally stuck to top titles (GOW, COD, Halo etc.).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I'm more annoyed when the game turns out to be shit. My gaming days are well behind me now, I buy COD every year and play it for a month or two online then the fun wears off until the next release. Just don't have the time to play but when I used to buy games I was always annoyed when they were poor so generally stuck to top titles (GOW, COD, Halo etc.).
    Agreed - there has been some real tripe games lately that aint worth the money. I tend not to buy too many games when they first come out now unless they are the biggies. I waited a while before buying BF3 and can't stop playing it. I'll be queueing up for Halo 4 though - mmmm Master Chief goodness... Think that will be my next purchase.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12