Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

result Carroll - Best feeling ever

Andy Carrol played well against Everton on saturday.

Andy Carroll revelled in Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final success after heading the Reds to a 2-1 victory over Merseyside rivals Everton at Wembley.
    The former Newcastle striker has faced frequent criticism this season and endured another frustrating afternoon before scoring the winner in the 87th minute from Craig Bellamy's free-kick.
    Nikica Jelavic's opener for Everton had earlier been equalised by Luis Suarez, and Carroll could not contain his excitement after the final whistle at playing such an important part in a vital win.
    "It's the best feeling ever," he told ESPN. "We worked hard and getting the goal right there at the end was great.

I had a few chances and should have probably scored earlier."But I kept at it and it was a great ball in by Craig, and I just had to score with that one and I did.
    "It's a great feeling. I've had some criticism but I've just kept on going. I get the winner here and it's a great feeling. I believe in myself every day."
    AndyCarroll Quotes ofthe week

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...#view-comments (Source- sky sports news)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing has gone Liverpools way this season as we've been blessed with rotten luck. Everyone has been quick to jump on us and emphasize our dismay. Putting us under scrutinisation, pressure, just making it inevitable that we will drop points where we would normally walk through some of the games we've lost.

Anyway, the same has happend to Andy Carrol... But he played well on saturday. I think the trip to Newcastle and the stick he recieved has made him forget about a return to tyneside. He seemed focussed on saturday and as he said it himself... "he kept going". He seems to have gained a little pace too. He was also winning headers again..... basically all the signs were there of a determined Andy carrol. A determined Andy Carrol could be a success.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Carroll - Best feeling ever

LOL very good. Rotten luck, thats why you've been so utterly shit this season. Luck. Nice one :-D. All the "pressure" you are under has been put there by your manager and your players, one day you will all wake up and smell the roses over the Suarez incident.

As for Carroll - when you paid £30m too much for him I said he was the "White Heskey", and I stand by that. Just the kind of player a mid-table side needs.

Thanks to BBK

BFG (16th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Return to Tyneside? We've evolved and moved on. He's a donkey, keep him. He would only warm the bench here now anyhow.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks to BFG

Mobileman (16th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wouldnt have him back on a free !

Thanks to Mobileman

BFG (16th April 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As BBK says, alright for a mid table team, not for top 5 teams though
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks to ka$h

BFG (16th April 2012)