Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

SciFi Red Dwarf is coming back!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Red-Dwarf.html

The reruns of the Nineties sci-fi show are currently airing on TV channel Dave, with the new series expected later this year.
    Corrie star Craig Charles is returning as curry-loving slob Dave Lister, along with Chris Barrie as Rimmer and Danny John-Jules, who played Cat.
    Dave bosses were impressed when a three-part special screened in 2009, Red Dwarf: Back To Earth, drew more than three million viewers.
    The BBC2 show ran for eight series over 11 years until it was axed in 1999.
    Craig revealed during filming last year how the cast’s costumes had to be altered to allow for middle-aged spread.
    The actor – who took a break from his role as Corrie cabbie Lloyd Mullaney to make the new series – joked that he and his co-stars were turning the show into OAPs in space.
    He said: “Kryten’s going to be a much wider robot and Cat wears a wig so you can’t see his grey hair.
    “And Rimmer – he’ll need a touch up. I like the idea of grumpy old men in space.”
    It is not known when the new series of Red Dwarf will be aired.

2 Thanks given to hoponbaby

EvilBoB (1st May 2012),  keith lard (6th May 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Red Dwarf is coming back!

great news!

hopefully it will be nothing like back to earth!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    Dave bosses were impressed when a three-part special screened in 2009, Red Dwarf: Back To Earth, drew more than three million viewers.

I watched them all and so did almost everyone I know, but we all thought they were shite. I'm sure anyone who dragged their eyes through all 3 episodes were waiting to see if it ever improved, which is didn't.

I think it should rest in peace now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    I watched them all and so did almost everyone I know, but we all thought they were shite. I'm sure anyone who dragged their eyes through all 3 episodes were waiting to see if it ever improved, which is didn't.

I think it should rest in peace now.
    The new series has proper sets, is filmed in front of a studio audience and is meant to be a return to the earlier red dwarfs. Word from people who have seen it is that it's quite good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My DVD collection stops at Season 6, anything after is simply not worth it.

Thanks to cyprus

keith lard (6th May 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    My DVD collection stops at Season 6, anything after is simply not worth it.
    Yeah i know what you mean, series 8 especially was terrible (however it was a masterpiece compared with back to earth) and series 7 was the start of the downfall, loved series 6 but personally i think it peaked at series 5 when the female Holly was still in it
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can still sit and watch any episode and still find something to laugh at! This is great news and I'm waiting for the complete series comes on blurat
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -