Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: E-cigs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: E-cigs

i popped into vape escape last weekend and got myself a ego-c kit and a few clearomisers (recommended from posts on here) and am about to commence on my new journey of vaping been smoking for about 25 years (gulp)

if anything my missus is gonna love it, she despises the smell of cigarette smoke

thanks for all the advice and recommendations on here, hers to a new beginning

Thanks to hotentot

WRATH OF BOD (27th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

A couple of things i was told which really helped when starting out. Don't worry if you vape more than you smoke you will develop your own 'habit' which will soon surpass the feeling of smoking. If you get hit with a craving for a cig just vape through it it'll soon pass, they will get less and less over a fortnight or so.
    Good luck best thing I have bought for a long time, shortly coming up to 1 year without a cig and these just keep getting better and better.

2 Thanks given to purpleanimal23

Bald Bouncer (27th May 2012),  WRATH OF BOD (27th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

well been vaping solidly now for a few days, and im quite surprised that i have not even thought about lighting a fag, it is a bit odd still going outside with the other lads at work to have a fag, but at no point have i felt like lighting one, infact i keep ribbing them about how bad they smell LOL. i like the fact that i dont now stand around puffing simply to finish the fag, but simply draw a few puffs till im satsified and then thats it, done

i do however have to pop back into vape escape as when i fit my 2nd ego c batter (from the twin pack) the clearomiser doesnt seem to work, not getting a clear drawer when sucking (like its blocked) weird as theyre identical batteries but cant for the life of me work out why it has no throughput (so to speak)

apart from that little drawback im loving it, and so's my missus, as mentioned in an earlier post she cannot stand the reek of cig smoke, so i may even be in for some action again some time soon (clap)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good aren't they ;-) Time will soon fly by, 1 month 3 months 6 months.. just flew by the thought of a cig now puts me off due to the taste. Suppose I'm lucky in the fact that I'm allowed to vape at my desk, but there are toilets if I couldn't - also works in restaurants etc.

I have one battery I have to loosen carto's from the battery but I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

What flavours are you on, I started on Tobacco but moved to fruity flavours, hooked on peanut butter at the minute.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been hearing a lot of people talking about peanut butter flavour lately must give it a try. Is it Hangsen or Dekang or somewhere else?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by purpleanimal23 View Post
    Good aren't they ;-) Time will soon fly by, 1 month 3 months 6 months.. just flew by the thought of a cig now puts me off due to the taste. Suppose I'm lucky in the fact that I'm allowed to vape at my desk, but there are toilets if I couldn't - also works in restaurants etc.

I have one battery I have to loosen carto's from the battery but I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

What flavours are you on, I started on Tobacco but moved to fruity flavours, hooked on peanut butter at the minute.
    the chap at the store gave me about 6 sample bottles, 4 of them being flavoured (Vanilla, Cherry, Lemon etc) and 2 being standard similar to Tobacco...so im still currently working my way through all these samples, currently on something called "HS Delight" but have since ordered 5 x more ego vision clearomisers and a bottle of "Turkish Blend"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of people talking about peanut butter flavour lately must give it a try. Is it Hangsen or Dekang or somewhere else?
    had i not seen this i would never have believed you, but it looks like there is Peanut Butter after all http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/peanut-butter~256

next someones gonna tell me theres marmite LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ordered an Ego-C kit last week with an extra CE4 atomiser. Arrived on Monday and yesterday was my first full day using it.

I figured the best plan to pack in the fags was to follow my original smoking pattern. Replacing any cigarettes I'd smoke with 10 or so draws on the e-cig. Got through yesterday okay really, no real problems. Felt a bit short tempered, but could have easily been that way anyway.

I got two bottles of liquid, Tobacco (Extra high?) and Marleboro (High?) Both essentially taste the same to me, and not really like a proper cigarette "taste". I can put up with it but I can see myself trying other flavours and also weaker mixes so that I can stop the e-cigs too at some point.

Im interested in one called RY4 and probably something a bit sweet like caramel or chocolate. I think the fruity flavours might be a bit much so will probably pass on them.

Not really craved for a cigarette, but this morning I do feel there's something missing. As mentioned above, I will vape through it! lol

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

Bald Bouncer (30th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I get the 5ml tester bottles from here for flavours I'm unsure of, including peanut butter http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=6 I'll probably get most of my hardware from health cabin now.

DJ Overdose - I did the same as you when I started, followed my smoking pattern and didn't touch fruit flavours, now I primarily smoke the fruity ones although some are just awful so don't buy in bulk till you know you like one, cola is good tastes just like kola cubes. RY4 is pretty good it's a sweeter tobacco one gives a decent throat hit.
    Just listen to your body, if you're feeling wound up have a couple of draws your body will tell you if you are hitting it to much. The beauty of them you can have a couple of drags to calm you without wasting or needing to finish it.
    Good luck both stick with it it's worth it for when you can enjoy it in it's own right without thinking of the stinkies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh another favourite is Red Bull, most sellers do a variant of that.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Ordered an Ego-C kit last week with an extra CE4 atomiser. Arrived on Monday and yesterday was my first full day using it.

I figured the best plan to pack in the fags was to follow my original smoking pattern. Replacing any cigarettes I'd smoke with 10 or so draws on the e-cig. Got through yesterday okay really, no real problems. Felt a bit short tempered, but could have easily been that way anyway.

I got two bottles of liquid, Tobacco (Extra high?) and Marleboro (High?) Both essentially taste the same to me, and not really like a proper cigarette "taste". I can put up with it but I can see myself trying other flavours and also weaker mixes so that I can stop the e-cigs too at some point.

Im interested in one called RY4 and probably something a bit sweet like caramel or chocolate. I think the fruity flavours might be a bit much so will probably pass on them.

Not really craved for a cigarette, but this morning I do feel there's something missing. As mentioned above, I will vape through it! lol

DJ OD
    I got RY4 18mg with mine from here
    It's prb stronger than I need, as I was a roll-up smoker.
    I will say though it does taste like real smokes. Think Rothmans mixed with Dunhill, Mayfair and Capstans....
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    'and also weaker mixes so that I can stop the e-cigs too at some point.'
    I have been using 24mg strength menthol for the past few weeks. I really like the menthol although I never smoked menthols, the only problem is I would like the menthol to be a bit stronger.

Well I recently bought a bottle of 0 strength PG liquid and some menthol flavouring and have been mixing it with my 24mg menthol to start weening myself of the nicotine. Did about 50/50 this time so I am at around 12mg. I added loads of menthol flavourings so its really strong too. Will do this 10ml bottle then drop it down to 25/75

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get some menthol crystals from boots and add a few at a time. Takes a little while to dissolve but putting the bottle on a radiator or sunny windowsill helps

Thanks
    Karma Level

got my "Turkish Blend" yesterday and must say im dissapointed, was expecting it to taste like normal tobacco, but tastes like peanut butter. ive got nothing against peanut butter on my toast, but really dont like the aftertaste of this juice

can anyone recommend anything that actually tastes like tobacco, the one that has come closest to it so far is the "HS Delight" i got a sample bottle of?

Thanks
    Karma Level

You're not going to like this but stop chasing the perfect tobacco flavour. People spend hundreds and still never find it. There are tobacco extracts you can buy or e liquid made with the extra alkaloids found in tobacco that you can try out but ecigs are not fags.

There isn't any particular normal eliquid that will hit the spot as it's the cravings for all the other 4000 or so chemicals that's making you think there's something lacking or missing. Within a month or so tobacco is going to taste so nasty you'll be wondering why you ever liked the taste in the first place.

That being said DK-TAB is probably the most tobacco like dekang liquid I've tried so far

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would not dream of buying tobacco flavour anymore vile tasting stuff blueberry all the way for me i dont want reminding of the way fags taste
    but im sure hotentot in time you will not feel the need for tobacco flavours too.

btw i would be very weary of the SPECIAL goumet flavours and premium juices venders offer ( marketing ) stick with dekang cheap and good stuff

nice and helpfull as some venders can be they all want one thing (Your Money)
    Last edited by philmein121; 2nd June 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Need some advice.... My battery failed yesterday, was using a pretty cheap looking 510 type, so had to grab a disposable one from Tesco.
    I am looking to get an Ego type but not sure what specific one to get or where from.

Can anyone provide recommendations? I want one that is reliable and doesn't leak. Charge length isnt an issue as I can charge throughout the day. Preferably from somewhere that does next day delivery.

BTW the Tesco one isnt bad as a backup, plenty of vapour although it has an odd taste if you draw for a long time. Not sure how long it will last so probably not very economical but I would rather buy one of these than resort to baccy.

Cheers
    BM

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got my kit from a guy from Datacave that runs his own online shop selling e-cig stuff. He recommended a few bits to me and it's all been spot on. Good prices, and quick delivery. If u are a member on Datacave he will also give u a discount on most of the stuff.

His member name is jester and his shop is here: www.digismoke.co.uk

I ordered the ego c starter kit, an extra ce4 atomiser and some tobacco and Marlboro juice. All came to about £40 and I've been off the cigarettes now for a week.

DJ OD
    Last edited by DJ OD; 5th June 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks to DJ OD

BM (5th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just made a variable voltage boxmod for a mate. It holds 3 14500 900mah batteries and steps down the voltage using a lm2596 dc-dc board. Am running a boge dual coil atomiser at 5v and it's very nice indeed. Might make one for meself

vv-4.JPG

Costs about 20 quid off the top of my head in parts. There's nothing quite like your first vape off a homemade mod

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Need some advice.... My battery failed yesterday, was using a pretty cheap looking 510 type, so had to grab a disposable one from Tesco.
    I am looking to get an Ego type but not sure what specific one to get or where from.

Can anyone provide recommendations? I want one that is reliable and doesn't leak. Charge length isnt an issue as I can charge throughout the day. Preferably from somewhere that does next day delivery.

BTW the Tesco one isnt bad as a backup, plenty of vapour although it has an odd taste if you draw for a long time. Not sure how long it will last so probably not very economical but I would rather buy one of these than resort to baccy.

Cheers
    BM
    if it just a battery (ie you dont need attys or cartos cheaper option) http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=79

Thanks to philmein121

BM (5th June 2012)  

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast