Close

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: E-cigs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: E-cigs

Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    I've just made a variable voltage boxmod for a mate. It holds 3 14500 900mah batteries and steps down the voltage using a lm2596 dc-dc board. Am running a boge dual coil atomiser at 5v and it's very nice indeed. Might make one for meself

Attachment 25307

Costs about 20 quid off the top of my head in parts. There's nothing quite like your first vape off a homemade mod
    well done m8 cant beat using 2 batts as long as they are not stacked box mods all the way

Thanks to philmein121

losttoy (5th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah they're stacked, but the batteries are protected, the lm2596 has protection inbuilt and I've put a 3a polyfuse in too.

Stacking batteries is mainly a problem when you get folks using rubbish unprotected batteries in tube mods. If lithium cells in series were that dangerous I'd never use a laptop again. Human error has played a large part in the accidents that have happened but I pity those people that have had their teeth blown out.

I read not so long ago that someone in the states had a cigalike pop when they were vaping it. Battery technology has some catching up to do methinks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Human error has played a large part in the accidents that have happened but I pity those people that have had their teeth blown out.

I read not so long ago that someone in the states had a cigalike pop when they were vaping it. Battery technology has some catching up to do methinks
    Fuck. That.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah they're stacked, but the batteries are protected, the lm2596 has protection inbuilt and I've put a 3a polyfuse in too.

Stacking batteries is mainly a problem when you get folks using rubbish unprotected batteries in tube mods. If lithium cells in series were that dangerous I'd never use a laptop again. Human error has played a large part in the accidents that have happened but I pity those people that have had their teeth blown out.

to be on the safe side swap the batts around every few charges put the top batt to the bottom and vice versa should prevent any mishaps lol

Thanks to philmein121

losttoy (5th June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Fuck. That.
    My thoughts exactly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Putting 2 batts in line is perfectly safe its only when in series that you could encounter problems. Even then if you take the right precautions like lostboy all should be well

Thanks
    Karma Level

I ended up buying 3x 900 mAh Riva 510 batteries from liberty-flights and they arrived this morning.

Wow what a difference a decent battery makes.

Cheers for the advice guys.
    BM

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi All just about ready to take the plunge after over 30 years smoking!

I have had a look through the thread and I am still a bit confused on what I actually need to buy

I am looking at the ego c starter kit and a sample pack of juices but what else will I need and where would you recommend buying from? I would like to get everything from one place if possible.

Thanks
    Rallying .... Because Football, Cricket and Golf only requires one ball.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That did me. I reckon it will do you!

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

snorty1uk (15th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by snorty1uk View Post

I have had a look through the thread and I am still a bit confused on what I actually need to buy

I am looking at the ego c starter kit and a sample pack of juices but what else will I need and where would you recommend buying from? I would like to get everything from one place if possible.

Thanks
    That should do you to get going, if you can wait get it from Health cabin (approx 2 weeks), if you'd rather not then my preffered supplier is liberty flights at the moment, enter df as a discount code for 15% off.
    Good thing with Liberty is you can buy 5ml juices so you can get a few flavours and strengths to see what you prefer, I would get PG based juice if you are just starting out VG can be a little thick.

Thanks to purpleanimal23

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by snorty1uk View Post

Thanks
    the only thing i can add to other comments is to get yourself some of the ego vision clearomisers, they make it so much easier to fill up compared to the carts you get with the ego c kit

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vision-e...resistance~303

ive been going solid now with the same kit and these for 3 weeks solid now, ive still got loads of samples and am slowly starting to find my fave juices

good luck, you wont look back

Thanks to hotentot

Thanks
    Karma Level

this kit should get you started and last between 2 and 3 month before any new supplies ie juice clearos recomended for new users cost between £30 to £35

one of these http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8046

one of these http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7843

two of these http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8028 1.8-2.0 ohm any colour

one or 2 of these http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...id=7610&page=2 any flavour or strenth

if you are new stick to a tobacco flavour or maybe fruit i only like banana and blueberry tho ( last thing you want is loads of samples like me)

Thanks to philmein121

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi all thanks for the replies.
    I have had a look about and digismoke seem to have the starter kit at a good rate £39.99 for the 1100mah that along with 4 flavours comes to £56 couldnt see the Cartomisers that were suggested is this the one http://www.digismoke.co.uk/ce4-cone-...iser-tank.html ?

Thanks again

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not quite they are the slightly older ones that have a shorter wick, they aren't as good (I ordered one by mistake) I had a look and doesn't look like digismoke stock them yet.

Thanks to purpleanimal23

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the info I will order everything from Digismoke and order the cartomisers from suggested site!

Right onto the order page on Digismoke!

Ordered!

Thanks
    Karma Level

since i started this post i didnt know we had that many vapors in here.lol
    since i got the 510-t joyetech from health cabin(thanks to the info on here & i saved a fortune buying from china) its going well,i got some pg menthol from them but its not that minty,
    any recomendations for a good strong menthol but low MG (6-11mg)
    and not sure where to buy in the uk.i want ready made, i cant be arsed mixing my own.lol
    im using 3-4 fills a day? is that alot.
    anyway loving the fact i dont stink of smoke..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mixing your own will save you a lot of money, you can get refills for around £5 delivered, I got lambert and butler but it tastes more like vanilla, few drops lasts me the day, where as I would go through 3 cartridges a day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think that's a lot for a new vaper with those small 510 tanks and low nic level liquid.
    How many ml is that a day? I try not to go over 3.5 ml a day, usually getting thro about 3ml on average and a bit more for the 1st few days after I drop the nic level in my liquids.
    It's really easy to sit there and puff away on an ecig for half an hour compared to smoking which usually takes about 6 mins to smoke before you've got to knub it out. So it's a good idea to keep an eye on how long you're vaping when u 1st start.

I'm a big fan of mixing my own liquid now, starting with a flavoured nic liquid and diluting it with plain PG and flavour concentrates to get the right nic level and flavour I'm looking for. U could buy some menthol flavour concentrate or menthol crystals that dissolve into the liquid to strengthen the methol flavour in the liquid you've got. If you're going to alter the mix yourself don't forget that adding flavour concentrate liquid will also reduce the nic concentration too.

Digismoke, liberty flights and totally wicked are all good UK suppliers. TW aren't the cheapest but they have a lot of deals, there's a code for liberty flights in this thread and Digismoke is run by a Datacave member and fellow vaper who only sells stuff he knows works.
    Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Thanks to Hippie on hill

WRATH OF BOD (15th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't have any idea there were so many on here either, has anybody seen anybody else vaping out in the wild? I haven't and I'm not discreet and don't think I'd be the only one who isn't.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast