Close

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: E-cigs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: E-cigs

Quote Originally Posted by purpleanimal23 View Post
    I didn't have any idea there were so many on here either, has anybody seen anybody else vaping out in the wild? I haven't and I'm not discreet and don't think I'd be the only one who isn't.
    same here, i only know of one & its a mates brother.......thats it
    i worked out how much i spent on tesco 10motives in a month...£198..fook me i got a shock.now lucky if i spend 10 quid a week on e juice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seen a few out n about.

I managed to piss on an old mates chips at Xmas when he pulled out his 901 in the pub, trying to show off. I got my eGo T B out, had a quick puff and blew a monster of a vape ring across the room to turn the tables on him
    Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hippie On Hill has it bang on the money there. I catch up with mates and family on Skype with a pint and Vape the whole time. I can go through a Vision full in a couple of hours if that. Still, you have to remember it's a pleasure like drinking or whatever. Like it a lot and you'll have to pay for it. I don't restrict myself, I enjoy it. Drink, Vape and hang out, either cyber-wise or in real life. Same as anything really.
    Got a few nice sounding samples last week but they're largely shite. Don't let the names fool you. There's marketing at play here just the same as anything else. You need to try a few until you find one you like and Vaping will be easier. I Vape one called Golden Burginia. Kind of a nutty, warm Vape and I've found my favourite. Friends that have had a go or even just caught a whiff have been sold on it. Wish I was on commission at the shop I use!

Craving more accessories/mods now though. It's an odd little hobby.

Thanks to Zoots

WRATH OF BOD (16th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WRATH OF BOD View Post
    since i started this post i didnt know we had that many vapors in here.lol
    since i got the 510-t joyetech from health cabin(thanks to the info on here & i saved a fortune buying from china) its going well,i got some pg menthol from them but its not that minty,
    any recomendations for a good strong menthol but low MG (6-11mg)
    and not sure where to buy in the uk.i want ready made, i cant be arsed mixing my own.lol
    im using 3-4 fills a day? is that alot.
    anyway loving the fact i dont stink of smoke..
    I use the arctic menthol flavouring. Add a few drops to a 5ml bottle (already menthol) and it will blow your head off, in a good minty way.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=15

Thanks to BM

WRATH OF BOD (16th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just read the whole thread and I'm not even a smoker lol. I think I'm gonna direct my brother here in the hope it'll give him and his wife a kick up the arse in regards to quitting. Might even have a go myself, I like the sound of those flavoured ones. I have 2 questions :-

1. They both only smoke about 5 a day each, any idea what the cost per week would be for them after the initial outlay ?
    2. Is the ego-c still the best one to go for and does it come with absolutely everything needed to get started ?

Cheers,

Thanks
    Karma Level

1. I used to smoke about 15 rollies a day. Now I vape around 1.5ml of juice a day, maybe a little more. 30ml of juice costs £12.49 from liberty-flights, so that works out at about 60p a day. If you buy from China it will probably be less.
    2. Having started by buying a cheap unbranded starter kit, I would recommend buying something decent and branded. I started with cheap batteries and atomisers. The atomisers would leak all the time so I moved to clear cartomisers which while better would crack easily. Both my batteries died so I replaced them with Riva batteries which are so much better. I also now use a ego vision clearamiser which are so much better than standard atomisers or cartomisers.

The trouble with being a new vaper, is it is tempting to buy cheaper equipment to see if you can manage the switch from real cigs to vaping. But if the equipment is rubbish, its easy to decide that vaping is rubbish and switch back to cigs. I am so happy I stuck with it and have now found the combination of equipment which is good and reliable. It cost me a lot to get to this point but I totalled up what I have spent and it is half what I would have spent on tobacco and now I have a lot of it, I wont need to spend out on it again for a while.

I dont know what is in the ego-c kit but you will need:

batteries - at least 2 so you have a spare charged up and ready. I have 3
    charger - I have 2 so I can have a battery on charge at home and one on charge at work. Then I use the other one
    atomiser - The ego vision clearamisers are brilliant. I dont know how long they last as they are new to me, but my current one has lasted 2 weeks so far.
    Juice - A mainly PG juice at around 18mg would be best for a new vaper imo. I disliked tobacco flavour when I started and switched to menthol but there are hundreds of flavours to choose from.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK .. this seems like a minefield.

I was thinking about buying a kit for my missus, she's pregnant and she smokes around 15-20 a day of Silk Cut Silver so obviously I'd like her to stop but wondered if vaping would be even worse for the baby?

If its ok not sure what setup to get her or whether there is a mix that would be similar to such a weak brand.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AspectUK View Post
    OK .. this seems like a minefield.

I was thinking about buying a kit for my missus, she's pregnant and she smokes around 15-20 a day of Silk Cut Silver so obviously I'd like her to stop but wondered if vaping would be even worse for the baby?

If its ok not sure what setup to get her or whether there is a mix that would be similar to such a weak brand.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
    If I was you I would make her quit full stop! And if you smoke give up with her, if there is anytime a incentive is needed, having a baby is the best. Good luck

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks to greens117

AspectUK (17th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greens117 View Post
    If I was you I would make her quit full stop!

Phone call for greens117 from the 1950's

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (23rd February 2014),  DJ OD (17th June 2012),  Zoots (21st June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Vaping will not harm a baby inside a pregnant lady. I state my reputation as a doctor on it.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

AspectUK (17th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greens117 View Post
    If I was you I would make her quit full stop! And if you smoke give up with her, if there is anytime a incentive is needed, having a baby is the best. Good luck

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    I gave up 8 years ago and understand what your saying .. but in reality, smoking is not really the greatest concern with her health due to reasons I don't want to get into here .. but thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Vaping will not harm a baby inside a pregnant lady. I state my reputation as a doctor on it.

DJ OD
    Well seeing as your a professional on an Internet forum I believe you completely

Thanks

Thanks to AspectUK

DJ OD (17th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a clueless newbie I just found this video an excellent start:

Won't be buying off wordupecig.com who made the vid however as the site looks horrendous and expensive.

Thanks to AspectUK

4me2 (23rd February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AspectUK View Post
    As a clueless newbie I just found this video an excellent start:

Won't be buying off wordupecig.com who made the vid however as the site looks horrendous and expensive.

Isn't that the same dude from the totally wicked vids as well?

Sent From TapaTalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just bought a Ego-C 1100Mah Starter Kit with a 10ml of Tobacco, Marlboro & Caramel @ 12mg
    Found a discount code on another forum after a Google for 10% off as well: aaec10

Thanks
    Karma Level

That Scott fella has loads of videos on his YouTube channel igetcha69 and e-cig-reviews.com

I use the silicon replacement caps for the tanks instead of the hard plastic ones in the vid btw so i don't have to fiddle about with any syringes as the silicon ones are easy to remove/replace and the seal to the wick is tighter so there's less chance of leaks.
    Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My old man's always on about packing up smoking, I'll have to point him in the direction of these sites

Sent From TapaTalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

At the moment I am mixing Arctic Pipe with Menthol Tabac and USA Mix with Golden Burginia.
    I use an eGo-T battery and Vision Ego Rainbow Cartomisers, all from VapeEscape

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    You're not going to like this but stop chasing the perfect tobacco flavour. People spend hundreds and still never find it. There are tobacco extracts you can buy or e liquid made with the extra alkaloids found in tobacco that you can try out but ecigs are not fags.

There isn't any particular normal eliquid that will hit the spot as it's the cravings for all the other 4000 or so chemicals that's making you think there's something lacking or missing. Within a month or so tobacco is going to taste so nasty you'll be wondering why you ever liked the taste in the first place.

That being said DK-TAB is probably the most tobacco like dekang liquid I've tried so far
    took your advice, and all the better for it, have stopped thinking of this as smoking. i have tried so many varinats now and am pretty much happy with HS Delight as my neutral tobacco flavour but mostly vape on Energy Cow, Blueberry and just started Cola.... hardly touching the HS Delight anymore

i carry both e-cigs with me at any time, one with HS delight and then another of the above, i ususally end up swapping the battery around when i run out though

3 solid weeks without a cig now, and not even craving one!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable

now you can take the vision ego apart to clean it and buy spare coil heads inc wick saves money http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8077 £3.20 each
    coil heads http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8079 £1.40

get em while you can

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast