Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: E-cigs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: E-cigs

I went to Serbia last year with a palmable box mod that looked like a remote detonator and had no problems. Stealth vaped on the plane and in the airport. Coming back Serbian security were a bit surprised but when they saw what it was they put their guns away.

Joking about the guns hehe

Thanks to losttoy

hotentot (7th August 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been to the US and India with mine and was fine both times, I had my bag searched in Frankfurt but they seemed to know what it was and just put it back in and let me go. No issues at all with the US which surprised me, FYI you can't set off smoke alarms with them in the airplane bathrooms (always gets asked). I vaped openly at man airport and had no issue, abroad I was more discreet but still no issue.

Thanks to purpleanimal23

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im using hc v3 vision got 6 I'm on my 5th one no issues with them

Thanks to philmein121

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks all, flying out Monday so will update if any issues

anyone how i would go about testing these v3 clearomisers for faults / shorts without using a battery ofcourse....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do a resistance test using a multimeter using the centre pin and the outside. The ohms should match the rating of the carto

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a bit of feedback on my missing healthcabin order. I raised a ticket with them and they replied pretty quickly apologising and saying it was down to the olympics but agreed it was excessive, they were going to ship another order that day but one of the items was out of stock so what did I want as an alternative. They said no problem to the exchange would ship next day (same delivery method) however my package had turned up whilst I was at work so they contacted me to confirm that it had been delivered and was signed for which I acknowledged and they cancelled the replacements. If they do ship a replacement and the original turns up they allow you to keep it for 50% of the price ($87 order I don't know what they would do with smaller ones)
    All in all good service, no arguing just sorry here's another. Just coincidental timing and happy it got here as I was about to get a few bits from a UK supplier to tide me over.

Slightly newer update just had this added to my ticket, top top service.

hi,
    thanks for your reply!
    then when you make you new order next time,you can leave a message in the comment,we can send you some freebie to compensate you.
    regards!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    Do a resistance test using a multimeter using the centre pin and the outside. The ohms should match the rating of the carto
    thanks mate, have tested both new ones i recieved which appear to be in order, i also recieved this from LF regarding the issues with V3 and batteries,

"we have recently found that the threading on some other vendors eGo batteries are longer so when the vision is fully screwed down it causes a short.

If the replacement head has been adjusted, over tightening of the replacement heads in to the cartomizer body/central column may cause a short. Please do not use excess force when screwing in any cartomizers/atomizers.

We have found though that when these batteries are put back on charge for a while they do work again normally. They usually cut themselves off to safeguard themselves from damage.

Have you tried re-charging the battery since the short?"

having now checked both my old battery, and the new one which is labelled as "Ego-C Upgrade" i can actually see the difference in the centre pin/column

Thanks
    Karma Level

Will be a nice surprise if it's just the protection circuit that's been tripped. Let me know if leaving it in the charger works and resets the battery. Leave it in overnight I should (maybe in a biscuit tin hehe)

I run a site that sells mod parts and overtightening cartos does seem to be a problem. The rubber gasket that separates the positive and negative is only a couple of mm thick so can be damaged fairly easily. Especially with the quality control that some manufacturers claim to have you can easily end up with a carto that has a centre pin a few mm lower than it should be. Softly softly is my advice, you don't need to have it screwed right down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default E-cigs

So on Ryanair they actually sell the damn things in flight and allow you to smoke during the flight, they sell a product called smokers I think, look like real box of smokes, dunno what they are though, was £5 a box, might buy a box on my return flight

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hotentot View Post
    So on Ryanair they actually sell the damn things in flight and allow you to smoke during the flight, they sell a product called smokers I think, look like real box of smokes, dunno what they are though, was £5 a box, might buy a box on my return flight
    I think they are smokeless cigarettes, not electronic ones. From what I can tell they must be like the nicorette inhaler things, but disposable.

They have been doing them a while IIRC.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    After wanting to get my Mum to give these a go for a while and telling her about them, she has gone down to the local "Tobacco Shop" and bought herself an e-cig kit for £18 with the strongest (apparently) filters.

You just change the filters at the end after 150 puffs apparently, but from what I scanned in here you lot are using bottles of stuff to vape?

Anyway, I went over today and charged it etc for her, and gotta say it isn't the best.

She has already said it tastes like shit, and the main thing is that it doesn't feel like you are smoking anything at all, there is no "hit" in the throat like you get from a cig, and I think that is the main thing for her really - to feel like you are actually smoking something.

I had a few puffs and have to agree with her, its just like you are sucking air through a straw, nothing like a cig.

Is this just because she has bought a shit one, or are the ones you guys are talking about on here the same?

I'm hoping the former, and you guys can point me at which kit to get to try and get her to give it another go with a decent one that may get her off the fags (or at least reduce the 20 a day she smokes now).
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone?
    Go for a EGO-CE5 starter kit and a few 10ml bottles of juice. Normal tobacco flavour and maybe one other to "test". Bear in mind the flavoured ones will only taste right, once you have been off analogue fags for a few weeks, as your taste buds will start to work again.

http://www.digismoke.co.uk/ego-ce5-v...arter-kit.html

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

rIKmAN (14th August 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the reply mate, do you know if these actually feel like you are smoking, the hit in the throat that I mentioned in my OP?

If not, there is no point in me wasting £40 as this was the first thing my Mum said when she tried these ones she got herself.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I and several other members here and over at the shack, use them.

They have gotten me of the cigarettes for a few months now, and after a few days of getting used to it, they are fine. I've not tried the other ones you mention so I cannot say if they are the same. I doubt it tho. If I take a long draw on my e-cig I get a throat hit for sure!

You might want to question whether you mum actually wants to give up, if she is reluctant to it might be a case of nothing will do.

DJ OD

3 Thanks given to DJ OD

Bald Bouncer (14th August 2012),  rIKmAN (14th August 2012),  tombott (14th August 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the reply mate, do you know if these actually feel like you are smoking, the hit in the throat that I mentioned in my OP?

If not, there is no point in me wasting £40 as this was the first thing my Mum said when she tried these ones she got herself.
    Get a low resistance 1.8ohm cartomiser and even if you have iron lungs you will get a back of the throat hit.
    I'm a fan of Menthol Tabac mixed with Hypnotique these days, but as DJOD said it will take a while for taste buds to kick back in.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks to tombott

rIKmAN (14th August 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As DJ OD says the EGO CE5 is great, i am 4 weeks now without a single cigarette, and without any withdrawl or cravings problems.

i am amazed at how easy it has been, especially compared to how it was when i tried other ways like patches to get off the ciggies.
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving's not for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi all, quick question... my grandmother in law smokes like a trooper (since she was 14 and shes now in her 80's). currently smokes superkings and does about 15 a day on a bad day or only a few if she has guests round.

I dont think shes gonna want to be topping up liquids etc and would rather just be a plug in smoke sorta scenario. What piece of kit would you all suggest? seen the ecigs etc that the sell in tescos / local shops etc with give equivilant to 40 fags for 6 quid odd...

thanks in advance.
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spike2k1 View Post
    Hi all, quick question... my grandmother in law smokes like a trooper (since she was 14 and shes now in her 80's). currently smokes superkings and does about 15 a day on a bad day or only a few if she has guests round.

I dont think shes gonna want to be topping up liquids etc and would rather just be a plug in smoke sorta scenario. What piece of kit would you all suggest? seen the ecigs etc that the sell in tescos / local shops etc with give equivilant to 40 fags for 6 quid odd...

thanks in advance.
    Hi m8

i tried one of those cheepy ones a few years back and was not impressed, but to be fair i have not tried one of the disposable ones you can get in tesco and the like so they may be ok.
    you could get her some of those and give it a try and if they work out then look at a better ( bit more fiddly but cheaper to run) ones later.

On the other hand if she is in her 80s and has smoked for 66+ years you might find that she wont or can't give up

hope this helps

Andy
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving's not for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by andyinlondon View Post
    Hi m8

i tried one of those cheepy ones a few years back and was not impressed, but to be fair i have not tried one of the disposable ones you can get in tesco and the like so they may be ok.
    you could get her some of those and give it a try and if they work out then look at a better ( bit more fiddly but cheaper to run) ones later.

On the other hand if she is in her 80s and has smoked for 66+ years you might find that she wont or can't give up

hope this helps

Andy
    Thanks for the advice, thing is she wants to cut down as shes ashamed of how it affects her home etc and like I said when she has guests round she hardly smokes. We said if she just stopped it'd probably kill her. she suffers with asthma and sometimes sounds like she gonna cough up a lung but I think might give her a cheapy one and see if she gets on or not. it'd be more healthier as it aint got the other crap in it just the nicotine...
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

If she's not going to be bothered with the e-liquid type ones, I wouldn't bother with the others. Not heard a single good thing about any of them...

She could always buy a stack of atomisers and you could just go and fill them all up for her once a week?

DJ OD

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast