Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit Complaints procedure - Sports Direct

Hey all, hoping someone can help me out here...

I ordered the new burgundy Newcastle away shirt from the Sports Direct website - 34.99 for the shirt, with that came free premier league badges for the sleeves. I chose a name for the back and the numbers - a grand total of £52.98.
    It arrived this morning hand delivered by courier in a right state, screwed up in a ball with parcel tape all over it. In hindsight I should have inspected the goods before signing for delivery, but who does that? I signed for it and took it in, fearing the worst that the badges may have been stolen from the bag and someone's bodged it back up.

Those fears were true, after opening the outer bag it was evident that the 2nd inner bag had been tampered with and had a hole in also - sure enough no premier league badges. Upon inspecting the shirt hough, the price tag was £24.99 (I was charged £34.99 on the invoice). Worse still, turning it round - no name or numbers!

Holy f**k, what a shambles! Reading the returns policy on the website I'm expected to pay for recorded delivery to send it back? At my cost, using my time, after using their home delivery service and being charged over the odds for something clearly labelled cheaper?

Help me out please fellas, I want these banged to rights with no leg to stand on. I've drafted an email to their customer services attaching photographs - but I'm wanting to go the whole hog - citizen's advice, trading standards, the directors' office if possible. I'll hold back with sending the mail until I get a few responses.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Complaints procedure - Sports Direct

Have you tried ringing them

Thanks
    Karma Level

You could go along the Distance Selling Regulations but I have a feeling the 7 day return would fail due to it being goods produced and or adapted for your specific purposes or along those lines so you would have to go along not fit for purpose/breach of contract. A lot of companies expect you to pay to return goods and paying for recorded delivery is really a minimum requirement, it is normal they don't refund this cost. The price tag bit may be annoying but is totally irrelevant (legally).

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

BFG (14th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sports Direct Dot Com.
    UK's Number One!

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can return SD online orders to a store if that helps. At least you can get hold of an assitant round the neck!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would say that they have failed to honour the original contract if you did not get all the things as advertised at the price agreed, (the price tag is irrelevant, its the price you agreed on site). The contract for carriage is with the supplier and the courier (they ask people to inspect and make remarks to make there claim easier) you have signed for a parcel the contents of which and the condition can't be identified until such time as its opened and couriers do not have the time to let this happen.

I would just give them a call with the issue and then back it up with an email if your not happy with the outcome but I suspect that they will just arrange collection, if you paid by cc then if not happy you could contact the issuer of the card.

Good luck

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That'll teach you for buying a Newcastle shirt!

Personally I would go into the Sports Direct store demand to talk to the manager and get your money back that way.
    3 Stores in Newcastle

Make sure you go armed with print-outs of their offer online for personalizing and show them what you received.

Explain you where going to wear it for Saturdays game that you have been waiting all season for and you may get a refund and a credit to order a 'free' new one for the inconvenience. In fact, I wouldn't leave until they offered it!

Bear in mind though, they may try and blame the courier service, but that still wouldn't explain why your name and chosen number are not permanently attached to the back of it!
    Last edited by DejaVu; 14th May 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks to DejaVu

BFG (14th May 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ka$h View Post
    You can return SD online orders to a store if that helps. At least you can get hold of an assitant round the neck!
    On my way to the Silverlink right now!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought my son the new Chelsea Kit from SD. The image didn't have a picture of socks, just shirt and shorts. I carefully read the description where it said "includes socks". I read it again to be sure, and ordered it. It turned up... No socks. I went to make a complaint but the description has been changed. Now no mention of socks. So... I have no evidence. Bought some socks on ebay. Which was a pain.

Don't think it was SD fault. But it has put me off buying from them.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I bought my son the new Chelsea Kit from SD. The image didn't have a picture of socks, just shirt and shorts. I carefully read the description where it said "includes socks". I read it again to be sure, and ordered it. It turned up... No socks. I went to make a complaint but the description has been changed. Now no mention of socks. So... I have no evidence. Bought some socks on ebay. Which was a pain.

Don't think it was SD fault. But it has put me off buying from them.
    You'll not get the numbers either, unless you want black or white outline on a blue shirt - they have no Chelsea numbers.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, back from the store - refunded for the numbers and letters and they are putting them on for me, as well as the premier league badges. But they have no letter A's or number 9's so I have to pick it up on Wednesday.

Still backed up with an email to customer services, no joy from that and it'll escalate to the Director's Office - fatty himself.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

personally i will never buy from Sports direct because of the fat prick, find local independent or another chain

2 Thanks given to Mobileman

BFG (14th May 2012),  ka$h (14th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bit of a result there, but still the pain in the arse of having to go to and from the store twice. ou have paid for the numbers in fuel I'd imagine! Lean on this angle with CS but at best you'll get a voucher so you have to spend more money with them!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ka$h View Post
    Bit of a result there, but still the pain in the arse of having to go to and from the store twice. ou have paid for the numbers in fuel I'd imagine! Lean on this angle with CS but at best you'll get a voucher so you have to spend more money with them!
    I'm from the South side Ka$h, so tunnel fare too - I drive an ST3 so more fuel than the average camper

I've got another ding-dong this afternoon for JJB as well, not having a very good afternoon!

Thanks
    Karma Level

had a similar thing the other day with sports direct, went in the store for some trainers didn`t have my size but the assistant said to order them online and if i didn`t like them send them back for a full refund plus the return postage. got them didn`t like them and cost me £13 to send them back. so thought i`d give em a ring and they said no refund for return postage. pile o`shite.
    we use next and the wife has some catalogues and you never pay for returns. will never use them again . basically cost £13 to try some trainers on lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sports Direct piss me off, we used to have 3 really good independant stores, I used to enjoy going from one to the other to pick some trainers or footy boots and seeing what was new. Since SD came to town they have all had to close and all we are left with is the equivalent of a giant sportswear market stall full of Chav wear.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spot on lloydi . Over sized market stall . Always get the feeling it's slight seconds n never authentic .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I walked into our local sports direct to get some football kit for my 4 year old. The only thing they had in his size was the shin pads. It was so busy and cluttered I didn't bother. Ordered it all from Amazon instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad it got sorted for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi I'm also not happy with my service i received whilst shopping at the store. The reason being was the staff! The person who was helping me was a ginger girl with glasses i believe her name was Ashleigh, some supervisor i think. Anyways asking if i needed any help is got an unbelievable stench, I've then looked around to see where it's coming from so i could briskly move away yet this smell followed me anyways ignoring it the girl handed me my shoes to try and as she bent down to place them on the floor i then knew that the smell was coming from the staff i nearly thrown up.also noticing her hands, fingers and in-between looked absolutely rotten with fake tan obviously this girl doesn't know how to bathe but hey I've found my trainers let's hurry up and go home.. gets home t now have found i have fake tan! On my new pair of trainers I'm not happy not only did i have my nose senses burnt with a stale sex and sweat odour but my trainers are now ruined and worthless because she refuses to take them back on the fact i can't prove was her who damaged the trainer and already walked out the shop so i asked he full name and stated Ashleigh Smith? now i don't personally wear fake tan however looking at this girl you can clearly tell as she obvs doesn't wash it off her skin after before she re-applies and her hand have never seen a bowl of soapy water in there life in fact the girl needs a day off to bath in bleech then again inspected before getting let on shop floor to deal with customers how this girl got supervisor is beyond me. One customer that will not be returning not very happy at all . What kind of people do you hire!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast