Close

Thread: Diet Resources

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Diet Resources

Ok, I've finally realised that the the extra 20lbs that I am carrying is not going to shift itself so I have decided to focus on an already established diet plan or guide. I've tried just healthy eating and cutting out the crap but its not working.

I am an intelligent man (to some degree) and I know whats healthy and not and I know I need to excercise aswell as diet but I wandered if anyone had followed a specific diet beofre and seen great success. I am not interested in the protein shake based supliment diet, I'm talking about the defined meal plan type.

Also are there any good free resources people have used.. I am tempted to sign up the weight watchers online but its £20 an month!! I really dont want to loose pounds to loose pounds..

I am also baffled by the amount of apps out there that are diet focussed, anyone use a particular android app?

Help greatly appreciated.

Freak

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Diet Resources

I use the calorie counter by mynetdiary app on the iphone from time to time..i believe you can get on android. It has a barcode scanner to obtain details of food products as well as a search function. Users can upload data too so always a good chance of finding data on what you want (i just looked up sun dried tomato couscous sold by asda which other apps i tried didn't have info on).

What sort of healthy foods do you eat?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by andmor View Post
    I use the calorie counter by mynetdiary app on the iphone from time to time..i believe you can get on android. It has a barcode scanner to obtain details of food products as well as a search function. Users can upload data too so always a good chance of finding data on what you want (i just looked up sun dried tomato couscous sold by asda which other apps i tried didn't have info on).

What sort of healthy foods do you eat?

I live in hotels quite a lot but I am a fan of fruit, salads, rice, pasta.. Although just returned from working in Texas... not as health focussed as california.. salad was a dirty word!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would stay away from pasta & rice and not too much fruit either (fruit juice more so). These cause insulin spikes which cause the body to store body fat, pasta being the worst of the bunch you listed.

White flour products like pasta & bread (and other processed carbs) should be avoided if you want to lose body fat.

Thanks to andmor

Ginnerfreak (21st May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here's a vid about the effects of insulin..skip to about 13mins where the chap gives an simplified example of the effects

Thanks to andmor

Ginnerfreak (21st May 2012)