Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Babylon virus on google chrome

I have recently got a virus on GC where it always loads up a different search engine , i have googled it and it says that it is a pretty bad virus, I dont know how i got it either as both my anti virus and malwarebytes did not pick it up,

I have googled how to get rid of it and none of the methods have worked so far, Anyone know what i can do?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Babylon virus on google chrome

What methods have you tried?

http://productforums.google.com/foru...me/vjpeIIc9HvQ

There are shit loads of slack jaw american's on youtube offering step by step removal vids as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFv4gPHiwW4

He might be American.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you have two antivirus products installed? You should only ever have one as they conflict this lowering your protection.

I would run rkill.exe to kill bad processes, run a full malwarebytes scan then a superantispyware scan and see how you get on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have ESET & Malwarebytes running, i have done a full scan too and nothing come up, i have gone through step by step internet guides but all seem out dated and are a different version of G C (ie i dont have a under the hub section like in the tutorials) I have looked through the folders to see if i can find something like another site suggested,

Obviously looked through programs to see if anything new has appeared...which hasnt, gonna try superantispyware professional now and see what happens....ill let u know, thanks for your quick reply!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Boot via safe mode with networking.

Run RKill

Run tdsskiller to identify and remove any boot sector viruses.

Then try malwarebytes (after updating it). Full scan.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
    Boot via safe mode with networking.

Run RKill

Run tdsskiller to identify and remove any boot sector viruses.

Then try malwarebytes (after updating it). Full scan.
    Ok i have done a full scan with superantispyware and found nothing,

how do i run Run RKill & tdsskiller do i have to download them or are they already built into windows?

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol.

Search in google for rkill and tdsskiller.

However.

If you can't even find the Babylon folder in the install directory, fuck knows how you plan to remove it using rkill.

It's not a virus.

Thanks
    Karma Level

post a thread in http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/ those guys are the dogs bollocks

Thanks to Zippeyrude

dannoble82 (27th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm pretty sure that Babylon isn't spyware. Obviously, Dannoble was on some gay chat site and downloaded something cock in hand without thinking about it.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we have all done it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    post a thread in http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/ those guys are the dogs bollocks
    thanks mate! ill do that,

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Babylon isn't spyware. Obviously, Dannoble was on some gay chat site and downloaded something cock in hand without thinking about it.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we have all done it.
    actually on this occasion i have not been on any gay chat...honest!

so basically r u all saying that it is not harmful then? only that i read this is quite bad to have and infiltrates email/facebook etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

My misses family had it on their machine and it is easy enough to clear off. I don't know how it infiltrates/spreads around the system but it isn't a virus. You have accepted the installation probably under the guise of something else. Were downloading something (maybe a free program) around the time Babylon popped up?

Be methodical. Boot windows in safe mode (as suggested) and have a look around. Here is another guide -

THE FOLLOWING WAS COPIED FROM THIS WEBSITE:
    How to Remove Search.babylon.com Redirect Virus? Search.babylon.com Browser Hijacker Removal Guide | Uninstall/Remove Any Programs - Professional Uninstall Guide & Best Online Tech Support

How to Remove Search.babylon.com Redirect Virus? Search.babylon.com Browser Hijacker Removal Guide
    Dec 06, 2011 by admin

Search.babylon.com is a dangerous Google redirect virus that can hijack web browser and redirect search results to unwanted sites on infected computers. Search.babylon.com may catch and target on you when you are on facebook or youtube or when you click on links in your emails. Search.babylon.com hides over cyber network and tries to attack computer systems all the time. Search.babylon.com is a malicious domain you should avoid this browser hijacker and remove it once it is found.

Search.babylon.com may install Babylon search toolbar on your browser so that it can more easily do its nasty activities. Search.babylon.com modifies browser setting and your homepage. It won’t allow you easily reset your homepage back. When you search something from your browser’ url bar, you are redirected to its site and filled with the information Search.babylon.com tries to promote or distribute. You should take steps to get rid of Search.babylon.com immediately before it creates more trouble to your computer.

How to Remove Search.babylon.com Completely and Effectively?

Some computer users may ask why you don’t introduce the automatic Search.babylon.com removal as antivirus programs may be available for many computer users. Well, as far as today we have received lots of feedback and complain from victim users who talk about their antivirus/antispyware software being out of work in front of the redirect virus Search.babylon.com.

Search.babylon.com is a well-designed malicious browser hijacker, so the best way to get rid of it is to perform a manual Search.babylon.com removal solution.

Manual Search.babylon.com Removal Steps:
    1) Open Windows Task Manager to stop Search.babylon.com process.

2) Go to Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Search.babylon.com program.

3) Open Windows Registry using regedit.exe command. Find and Remove all Search.babylon.com Registry Files.

4) Search for Search.babylon.com Files on your computer and delete them.

Manual removal of Search.babylon.com hijacker is an effective solution, but also a difficult one especially for users who are not very familiar with Windows Registry component. Therefore, to make things much easier, and to help you remove Search.babylon.com redirect virus safely and quickly, you are suggested to contact Tee Support expert for complete Search.babylon.com removal once and for all.
    Don't come back here till you got rid of it.