Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanker Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit Comments (588) David Cameron David Cameron s

Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit

David Cameron said the existing welfare system was sending out "strange signals"

The prime minister has suggested that people under the age of 25 could lose the right to housing benefit, as part of moves to cut the welfare bill.
    Scrapping the benefit for that age group would save almost £2bn a year.
    In an interview in the Mail on Sunday, David Cameron said he wanted to stop those who were working from feeling resentment towards people on benefits.
    Downing Street said the proposals were Conservative plans for after the next general election.
    Mr Cameron said the existing system was sending out "strange signals" on working, housing and families.
    He called for a wider debate on issues including the cost of benefits.
    BBC political correspondent Vicki Young said the article was a clear appeal to core Tory voters and MPs who have criticised Mr Cameron for failing to promote Conservative values.

'Trapped in welfare'

The Mail quoted Mr Cameron contrasting a couple living with their parents and saving before getting married and having children with a couple who have a child and get a council home.
    "One is trapped in a welfare system that discourages them from working, the other is doing the right thing and getting no help," he said.
    Mr Cameron said the welfare system sent out the signal that people were "better off not working, or working less".
    "It encourages people not to work and have children, but we should help people to work and have children," he said.
    He said that he also favoured new curbs on the Jobseeker's Allowance.
    Later this week, Mr Cameron will set out more proposals for proposals aimed at cutting the UK's welfare bill.
    The Mail said those under consideration included forcing some unemployed to do community work after two years on benefits.
    In March, the government's Welfare Reform Act received Royal Assent.
    That Act - which applies to England, Scotland and Wales - introduces an annual cap on benefits and overhauls many welfare payments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18567855

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks to 4me2

tombott (25th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit Comments (588) David Cameron David Camer

This tosser is trying his best to rewrite the definition of cunt on an almost daily basis.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

3 Thanks given to 4me2

the.insane (25th June 2012),  WotTheFook (25th June 2012),  XBOX4LIFE (24th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit Comments (588) David Cameron David Camer

The goverments proposed cuts definately seem one sided (i.e. the needy), especially when some quite public tax evasion cases are coming to light.

I can't see how they could be taking a one sided approach to this, these rule changes could be potentially stopping vulnarable people leaving abusive families etc, I've never gone through needing a coucil house so am unsure as to what the current rules in dertermining if someone could have one. I'd hate to think that people would be stupid enough to have kids in order to get a house (worse if its a systemic issue, i.e. something actively encouraged by there parents).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    I'd hate to think that people would be stupid enough to have kids in order to get a house (worse if its a systemic issue, i.e. something actively encouraged by there parents).
    You think that doesn't happen?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

i find him abhorrent but i gotta like this policy, benefits are no longer a welfare blanket but seen as a right - which it should not be
    (disclaimer regarding people who cant work etc, blah blah blah)

i do agree thought that the toffs also need a spanking to cream some of their unfair wealth so that there is more of a level playing field....

Thanks to Zippeyrude

ilscuro (24th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    You think that doesn't happen?
    Ok, i'm sure it does but its not something that i've come across or know any cases about. I'd like to think people weren't that stupid...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This area is full of young mums with kids, i only have to walk around my town centre every day to see them, i believe they do it just to get houses and benefits.

I hate Cameron but support him on this, if only he would also target all the lazy benefit cheating cunts who are in the pubs every day, of which my town centre is full of again lol

Thanks to ilscuro

tigro (24th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    In an interview in the Mail on Sunday, David Cameron said he wanted to stop those who were working from feeling resentment towards people on benefits.
    Whilst meanwhile trying to wind up people working to make them resent people on benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    The Mail quoted Mr Cameron contrasting a couple living with their parents and saving before getting married and having children with a couple who have a child and get a council home.
    "One is trapped in a welfare system that discourages them from working, the other is doing the right thing and getting no help," he said.
    Which is a fantastic if your parents can afford to support and house you as they enter their retirement years and their pensions (if indeed they have any) have been cut.
    That of course all assuming you have a job that means you can afford to save up a massive deposit for a small house that you may if you're lucky get a mortgage for.

3 Thanks given to B.I.G.

Bald Bouncer (24th June 2012),  showbiz-legend (25th June 2012),  tombott (25th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    I'd like to think people weren't that stupid...
    jesus, i didnt think there were many of you left...

it is very very common for the chav classes to actively pop bastard children out in pursuit of council flats, and boast about it too. I can tell you first hand that these are seen as commodities that offer more value than the responsibility of having a child. Exterminate the fucking lot of em before they can have kids, and pump the money into those parts of society that deserve it:

- those that have worked all their lives and dont want to wait weeks for surgery,
    - those that have worked all their lives and need a real safety blanket when they hit hard times
    - those that have worked all their lives and want to live it without fear of crime and harm
    - those that have worked all their lives and deserve a decent pension - regardless of their job

As i see it, those teenagers and young kids that want want want, should get fuck all but a concrete dormitory with no natural light. That would put em off.

Thanks to Zippeyrude

honestDave (25th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

How much would we save if the politicians didn't fiddle fudge and scam their expenses ! This country is getting worse by the day led by these fookin muppets !!

4 Thanks given to XBOX4LIFE

4me2 (24th June 2012),  AD (25th June 2012),  TheThingIs (25th June 2012),  WotTheFook (25th June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    This area is full of young mums with kids, i only have to walk around my town centre every day to see them, i believe they do it just to get houses and benefits.

I hate Cameron but support him on this, if only he would also target all the lazy benefit cheating cunts who are in the pubs every day, of which my town centre is full of again lol
    I agree entirely mate and I know of estates where it is considered natural behaviour to get knocked up by 17 and then get mum to kick you out so you get a council house..

Many moons ago I was living in a very small one-bedroomed rented house and was not considered for a council house till I had three children and they were all sleeping in our room!

The problem is that, if you leave a loophole it soon gets exploited and is then impossible to reverse.

I worry that this stupid change in the benefit system will create more young homeless on the streets.. sorting out the genuine needy from the lazy tossers is a hopeless task

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here we go again a few questions about tax avoidance and his mates and the distraction tactics start, lets get the topic back to the poorest and most vulnerable back behind the cross hairs but don't mention the real reason there is a vast shortage of social housing. lets presume every young woman pushing a pram is on benefits and in social housing shall we and while your at it why not go out and take the traditional independent media photograph of someone on benefits making sure they have a fag in there mouth, trakie bottoms, standing next to a nice car with kids running about bare foot, trying to capture a huge satellite dish in the background attached to the house.

We are all in it together apart from the people who caused it, god bless Iceland they prosecuted there bankers and threw them in prison we just reward them with higher bonuses and tax cuts.

17 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Show/Hide list of the thanked

4me2 (24th June 2012),  AD (25th June 2012),  B.I.G. (24th June 2012),  DavidF (24th June 2012),  Ganty (24th June 2012),  littlebilly1 (24th June 2012),  mug (24th June 2012),  Over Carl (24th June 2012),  plug1 (24th June 2012),  rIKmAN (24th June 2012),  showbiz-legend (25th June 2012),  snoz (25th June 2012),  supraman54 (24th June 2012),  the.insane (25th June 2012),  tombott (25th June 2012),  WotTheFook (25th June 2012),  XBOX4LIFE (24th June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Here we go again a few questions about tax avoidance and his mates and the distraction tactics start, lets get the topic back to the poorest and most vulnerable back behind the cross hairs but don't mention the real reason there is a vast shortage of social housing. lets presume every young woman pushing a pram is on benefits and in social housing shall we and while your at it why not go out and take the traditional independent media photograph of someone on benefits making sure they have a fag in there mouth, trakie bottoms, standing next to a nice car with kids running about bare foot, trying to capture a huge satalight dish in the background attached to the house.

We are all in it together apart from the people who caused it, god bless Iceland they prosecuted there bankers and threw them in prison we just reward them with higher bonuses and tax cuts.
    Good post mate.. actually echos all my sentiments and very well put..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

with all the cut backs how is our national debt now compared to when Cameron took over?
    hasta la yeah baby yeah!

3tv

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    with all the cut backs how is our national debt now compared to when Cameron took over?

Cameron is doing a good job with the money. The size of the national debit is almost irrelevant, in terms of economics. It's the cost of lending. Of which ours is very low. And our debt is a very safe investment, so we can sell it easily. This is thanks to the conservatives and their cutting policy. Labour will quote our lack of growth and blame too deep a cut. But... They, quite frankly, are wrong.

They are weak in other areas, but when it comes to economics the Conservatives rule all other parties.

I personally won't be voting for any of the 3 popular parties though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Cameron is doing a good job with the money. The size of the national debit is almost irrelevant, in terms of economics. It's the cost of lending. Of which ours is very low. And our debt is a very safe investment, so we can sell it easily. This is thanks to the conservatives and their cutting policy. Labour will quote our lack of growth and blame too deep a cut. But... They, quite frankly, are wrong.

They are weak in other areas, but when it comes to economics the Conservatives rule all other parties.

I personally won't be voting for any of the 3 popular parties though.
    And that was a party political post on behalf of the Tory party

Personally I think they are all scum and my last bastion of hope that lay in the Lib dems was soon destroyed with all the broken promises, can we go back to topic now please

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    And that was a party political post on behalf of the Tory party

Personally I think they are all scum and my last bastion of hope that lay in the Lib dems was soon destroyed with all the broken promises, can we go back to topic now please

lol... I am not a Tory supporter. But I hate Labour more than the Tories.

I agree with your post though. I will be voting UKIP in any European elections. As Farnage is too good to not have fighting our corner.

As for the under 25 benefits cuts. I think in theory it is a fair idea. But I think there are a lot of other areas, where vast sums of monies can be recovered. But these will hurt large donators, and friends of the government.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So will under 25's pay a reduced rate of tax as they are no longer eligible to recieve all the services they pay for?

5 Thanks given to Over Carl

AD (25th June 2012),  Bald Bouncer (24th June 2012),  the.insane (25th June 2012),  tombott (25th June 2012),  WotTheFook (25th June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    So will under 25's pay a reduced rate of tax as they are no longer eligible to recieve all the services they pay for?
    Sound point Carl..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely this is against the European Human Rights?

If the Tories can do this. Can't they use common sense and tell the EU where to go on items that are more important. Such as the rights of refugee criminals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast