Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky dual box question

Some good answers here. I never thought you could have sky in 3 different addresses using 1sub with 2 multi rooms. Obviously the multi rooms won't access sky's box office type services, but thats a small negative.

With regards to the original question, the best solution does seem to be a slingbox devices accessing a multi room at home.

Back to sky itself though, my parents used to have sky tv, I also had it at my house and my brother would like it if it wasn't so dear. A top package with 2 multi rooms would be about £80 a month. £26 each for the 3 households would be just about tempting to have sky tv again. But £60 for a month each! maybe if sky did a family pack at different addresses and for a limited number, like sgtbarton may or may not has, then I'm sure they would have more takers. Maybe Realist can pop it into the ideas box at work

Thanks
    Karma Level

Easiest way is for him to sign up to a fast VPN that will give him a UK IP Adress, then go through that to watch via SkyGo.

As for sgtbarton ...

BRTky.jpg

Thanks to rIKmAN

greens117 (30th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lmfao

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Get these questions every day of the week.

Single box installs are supposed to be connected to a working line during your contract term but 99% of people never do but regarding multiroom installs (2 boxes or more) they all MUST be connected to a working line at all times during your subscription term.

I explain it like this.

1st 12 months is your warrenty and after that because your viewing Sky programs and under contract as a multiroom subscriber then all boxes must be connected to the same number working line ( incoming and outgoing) at all times.

Those that say they have had theirs not connected for xxx years have so far been lucky or dont have a clue whats going out of there account.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Murdoch is busy at the moment. When he is back in the swing Arnie will be visiting everyone without a multi-room plugged into the phone socket.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ha ha brilliant . Surely the fact that it's only costing 10 quid for the full package should make anyone think that them people including me doing it, are watching every penny coming out of their accounts . Must be lucky yay .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    No...a multiroom subscription needs to be connected to the telephone line of the account holder constantly.

The 2nd box dials out at regular intervals to check its still at the account holders address.

If it isnt you will receive a bill for a full sub price...if its in Germany you are likely to be in further trouble.
    This is incorrect. Sorry Nibb but I have 3 Sky Boxes (multiroom). One upstairs, one downstairs and one in a house in Portugal. None have been connected to a phone line in over 10 years. I might just be a one off case though !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Get these questions every day of the week.

Single box installs are supposed to be connected to a working line during your contract term but 99% of people never do but regarding multiroom installs (2 boxes or more) they all MUST be connected to a working line at all times during your subscription term.

I explain it like this.

1st 12 months is your warrenty and after that because your viewing Sky programs and under contract as a multiroom subscriber then all boxes must be connected to the same number working line ( incoming and outgoing) at all times.

Those that say they have had theirs not connected for xxx years have so far been lucky or dont have a clue whats going out of there account.

Regards
    Regarding this then I must be lucky as I always know what's coming out of my account. Strange indeed !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flik View Post
    This is incorrect. Sorry Nibb but I have 3 Sky Boxes (multiroom). One upstairs, one downstairs and one in a house in Portugal. None have been connected to a phone line in over 10 years. I might just be a one off case though !
    I think Sky use fear. My parents have multi-room and none of the boxes are plugged in. But.... I assume that as anytime becomes more popular Sky will very easily be able to see which boxes are connected to which IPs.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We had sky multi room when we got our first Sky Plus upgrade b ox a few years ago - put the old one in the spare room for occasional use as it's only me and the missus - there was no phone line upstairs and the installer said that would be fine - just used a long extension lead to pair the boxes up initially. We got letters every 2 weeks for nearly a year threatening to increase our subs to full whack - tried calling and explaining to them we had no upstairs extension and their engineer had used his own to hook up the box - offered to let them come and inspect the box was in the house any time they wanted without a prior arrangement - no chance.

So every time we got a letter we ran an extension upstairs, called them up and asked them to check the connectivity, then disconnected it - then waited for the next letter and did it again - soon as the 12 months was up we cancelled multiroom

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flik View Post
    No m8 what I state as far as the Sky multiroom contract is concerned is correct!

Whether they enforce what they state in the contract is another matter!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Argh so sgtbarton speaks the truth as others are now coming out of the woodwork .... Death to us all for not knowing what's coming out of our banks or for being just lucky .....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbarton View Post
    Argh so sgtbarton speaks the truth as others are now coming out of the woodwork .... Death to us all for not knowing what's coming out of our banks or for being just lucky .....

People don't learn from events of the past....! Don't put yourself out there on a message board. While what you are doing may not seem serious, and I personally like to see Sky ripped off, big business take fraud very seriously, when it isn't them doing it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bored now!

Closed
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12