Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default TomTom - New policy - must share info or lose LIVE services

I have a TT Via Live 120 UK + Ireland thats just over a year old - a couple of weeks ago I coughed up for another years HD Live Traffic as the initial 12 months had expired.

Just had an update today to v 12.035.991250.74, and unless I accept the demand for Tomtom to collect information about my device and usage then I lose the HD Traffic and indeed all other Live Services - reading the small print is really confusing - one line says it's only collecting anonymously, then it says it will anonymise the data after 20 mins - but basically they want to collect as much info as possible (including routes and average speeds etc.) and share it with "government agencies and businesses" then on another line it says they won't give anyone else access to info collected from my system.

Fecking hate this big brother approach - looks like I'm out of pocket the best part of £50 because I'm not going to accept their demands.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: TomTom - New policy - must share info or lose LIVE services

Your phone company is already providing data about how fast you travel etc though to the likes of TomTom anyway?

Years down the road you won't be able to fart without someone taxing you for it!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: TomTom - New policy - must share info or lose LIVE services

My phone company don't charge me for a feature then remove it less than 2 weeks into a 12 month contract because I refuse to agree to new T+C's they suddenly decide to impose - and if they do make major changes - as 3 did a few years ago when the Nokia 6680 came out, they allow me to cancel the contract immediately with no financial penalty and keep the phone