Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Youview TV platform and set-top box coming to UK stores this month (update: price

Was looking for an alternative to Sky as I am getting bored of there subs.... Just decided this aint it lol !!!!
    Looks like it should be more like £149 if they wanna sell more than a handfull

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Youview TV platform and set-top box coming to UK stores this month (update: price

well from the looks of it this is nothing that my LG TV (with netcast) and Xbox 360 combo can't do since i get iPlayer on my TV (and it works amazing even for HD content) then use my Xbox 360 for 4 and 5 on Demand, seriously i can't see this taking off since its a step backwards, and £10,000,000 of license payers money went into this? shocking!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

someone tweet this thread to Alan Sugar love to hear his side lol

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Was looking for an alternative to Sky as I am getting bored of there subs.... Just decided this aint it lol !!!!
    Looks like it should be more like £149 if they wanna sell more than a handfull
    You probably want to take a look at the Humax Foxsat (no monthly subs) or BT Vision (cheap monthly subs). Neither quite compare with Sky or Virgin but are far cheaper, have decent free channels and also internet connectivity for other channels. Both record and have series link with a twin tuner too. I'm not aware of anything else which comes close unless you get an Acer Revo or similar, install XBMC and all the plugins. Not sure what TV plugins there are though.

Humax Foxsat Freesat PVR
    Humax Freeview HDR-Fox T2

Thanks to evilsatan

macmilm (12th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

2 years late and a pile of fucking shite. Sugar should stick to what he does best, sitting on his high chair and pointing his finger at numpties.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    I suspect its sending back as much data as its pulling down looking at the link light on my router when its on free view.
    They could have just subsidised it in exchange for recording your viewing habits and selling the data on. Then it would probably be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    £10m of licence fee went to that twat Alan Sugar for this crap, what asshole did that?
    I can't work out if Sugar was a shit business man who made shit products. Or a great businessman because he got rich of shit products.

He seems to get by on who he knows (as is usually the case) and without Murdoch would probably have disappeared long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I'm not aware of anything else which comes close unless you get an Acer Revo or similar, install XBMC and all the plugins. Not sure what TV plugins there are though.

I have plugins for iplayer, ITV, 4OD and 5Demand. The interface isn't great, but if I use them, and it's rare. They do the job. About as well as this, as reported above. Live Tv I am not sure though....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I can't work out if Sugar was a shit business man who made shit products. Or a great businessman because he got rich of shit products.
    Thing is .. he hasn't backed many successful bits of technology since twin tape decks and cheap sat systems ..

We are remember the e@mailer that he would let die even when every chav had a blackberry. This will go the same way. No one wants an extra box under their telly. Especially a fucking great big one like this that gets so hot where the HD / Transformer is you could cook your breakfast.

E-m@iler Telephones E3 Superphone
    The 3rd generation of e-m@iler superphones - the E3 is the most affordable, easiest-to-use and cost effective videophone available in the UK. The E3 follows on from the success of its predecessors the e-m@iler and e-m@ilerplus, allowing email, internet, picture send, games and video calls.

<< Click here for more information
    << Click here for product support & FAQ
    E-m@iler Plus
    The 2nd generation of e-m@iler superphones - the E-mailer Plus is a state-of-the-art home/office telephone, jam packed with features, making it a must-have product.

<< Click here for more information
    << Click here for product support & FAQ

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah it might not be catered for the technical crowd but not only is it £300, it has no wireless built in. Fuck Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

we spoke about this at work today, my opinion is as above its too expensive underspecced and too late. One guy said " ahh but it by Sugar he's a millionaire and wouildn't be wrong" so i echoed some of the above points and the old twat shut up

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love them old blokes. Ask him what tomorrows lottery numbers are if he seems to know it all. That normally shuts them up... That or they tell you how much of a waste the lottery is...
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

stevo25 (5th July 2012)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12