Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit Police to empty crisps into plastic bags to protect advertisers in Olympics

Police guarding the Olympics were told to empty their crisps into plastic bags so they did not inadvertantly advertise brands which aren't sponsoring the games

Officers who will be patrolling the Games' rowing events at Eton, Berks., were amazed when told by senior officers told them they must not be seen with snacks such as Walker's crisps or Ginsters pasties.

Thames Valley Police insisted that before going to the Olympic events officers, including Royal Protection guards, must empty their snacks into a clear polythene bag.
    The top-level instruction, based on guidelines from the Games' London organisers, was designed to protect advertising by the official sponsors including Coca Cola, Cadbury's and McDonalds.

With the games being televised around the world, organising bigwigs have moved to stop any free advertising for firms which haven't forked out millions in sponsorship money.

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) sent a directive to all forces involved in the policing of the Games to comply with the order.

Source telegraph.co.uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Police to empty crisps into plastic bags to protect advertisers in Olympics

what a fooking piss take, what next, no perfume or aftershave in case someone invents smellivision in time for the olympics & put johnson & johnson's nose out of place

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Police to empty crisps into plastic bags to protect advertisers in Olympics

Utter fucking shit

Its a shame Deep Heat are not an official sponsor as that would be nice around those Rings

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Advertising products to people entering the olympics that you can't buy inside the olympic venue? Right...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think on this occasion the words 'Fuck Off' are suitably justified. Corporate bastards pulling strings again. So police officers and the like are going to be reprimanded or suspended if they don't comply? I can just see the headlines now...Policeman jailed for eating crisps...

Thanks to Nuvoix

Bald Bouncer (17th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not called sponsorships... They are "Olympic Partners"...

Thanks
    Karma Level

And of course all the panda cars will be BMW's

Thanks
    Karma Level

The whole fucking thing stinks... The event, stadium and village has been paid for by tax payers whilst the companies have been private and not subject to scrutiny / foia etc.

Disgusting

2 Thanks given to Zippeyrude

big-paul (18th July 2012),  greens117 (17th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

WHO exactly are they protecting ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

London Olympics = Gravy train for a select few!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

surely a bigger 'threat' would be people wearing branded sports wear (punters, not athletes!)?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ahhh, Coca Cola, Cadbury's and McDonalds; the companies that embody the optimum health and peak physical fitness that the Olympics represent.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

7 Thanks given to flumperino

big-paul (18th July 2012),  greens117 (18th July 2012),  littlebilly1 (18th July 2012),  Nuvoix (18th July 2012),  rIKmAN (18th July 2012),  Roach-Rampino (18th July 2012),  Zoots (18th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

They did this before, I think at a world cup.
    All drinks had to go into a branded cup.

As for the cars that someone mentioned, I have to cycle in some Olympic lanes (whilst I still can) and all the official cars are branded BMW's

I am really not looking forward to the Olympics... We have already decided we are not even going to try and leave London. Purely for the fact trying to get back in will add hours to the journey.

Guess what... Trains are full price with no discount..

I think London residents should get free travel during the games. A free travel pass just like residents of Florida get for the parks. All they have done for the last few years is put travel costs up and now the tell us all to not use it for the Olympics...
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

greens117 (18th July 2012)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It is good to see they are prioritizing the THREATS to our security. FUCK the terrorists smuggling in items. go for the easy option

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Strip of gaffer tape over the logo, job done.
    Then take the rest of the roll and find the cunt who came up with the ridiculous rule and turn him in to a gaffer tape mummy!

Sent From TapaTalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you will all find that this is actually a good thing.

As long as the terrorists put the bomb in a walkers crisps bag and they are eating chips they will have no chance....

Fucking nuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Doesn't the rest of the article kind of explain that it wasn't that Gung-Ho after all though, and it was the Thames Valley Police chiefs that have taken it too literally?

However, after LOCOG was made aware of the strict interpretation of their rules by Thames Valley Police chiefs and the discord of officers, they spoke to the police and issued clarification.

"The revised guidance amounts to a major climbdown by our top brass who have realised they were taking the 'no branding or advertising' rules a tad too literally," said one police officer involved in the Dorney Rowing Lake events.

"It is a victory for commonsense - but if we hadn't kicked up a fuss, they would have had us decanting our crisps and pop into unmarked containers."
    A spokesman for LOCOG said that the rule had been put in place to stop unauthorised brands advertising at the Games and not to stop anyone enjoying the event.

The spokesman said: "We wouldn't want to tell people what they can bring into the venues and what they can't.

"There are rules about brands which are aimed around advertising but petty things like food products aren't the target of it. The rule is there to stop the advertising of brands who are not authorised Olympic brands."
    It's the cops that have fucked up here surely, not the Olympics Committee or the sponsors.

Thanks to Zoots

CominAtcha (18th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Olympics is putting quite a bit of extra money in my pocket. The government are chucking money at the most ridiculous things. I can't go into specifics, but.... It's a complete waste of tax payers money. If they are spending the money I know of, then it makes me wonder just how much money they are throwing at irrelevent services.

I, like most Londoners. Hate the Olympic Games. And.... I wasn't able to get tickets...!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    The Olympics is putting quite a bit of extra money in my pocket. The government are chucking money at the most ridiculous things. I can't go into specifics, but.... It's a complete waste of tax payers money. If they are spending the money I know of, then it makes me wonder just how much money they are throwing at irrelevent services.

I, like most Londoners. Hate the Olympic Games. And.... I wasn't able to get tickets...!
    Give us some idea you fecker

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

So take your crisps out of their pack and shove them in a clear plastic bag so when you go take your lunch in a sweatbox of a portakabin where no fucker can see you, you can't advertise the non supporting brands to your colleagues.

What a load of nonsense, if I was a copper, I certainly wouldn't be eating my lunch outside in the pissing rain where people can see me feeding my face!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?