Close

Thread: Raw 1000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Raw 1000

Its Raws 1000th ep tonight, I will deffo watch jsut to see what they bring in to celebrate this, I know the Rockis confirmed as being on there and there is arumour the Undertaker, and Stone Cold might be on there too. DX are due to be opening the show, Brock Lesnar will be on too and maybe Mick Foley. I dont imagine too many matches tonight but a lot of Promo work, but tonight is also where they will be moving raw into being a 3 hour show from tonight onwards.

On and also a small thing of a WWE title match between Cena and Punk. Should be a pretty decent watch.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Really haven't been "in" to wrestling for ages, fuck staying up for it, I'll grabit in the morning to view tomorrow night, should be a good though, what with all the big stars from the past

Edit:- Also, I really don't see the need to make raw 3 hours, that means every Raw will be longer than a ppv, what's the point?

Sent using Tapatalk HD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Raw 1000

Quote Originally Posted by littlebilly1 View Post
    Really haven't been "in" to wrestling for ages, fuck staying up for it, I'll grabit in the morning to view tomorrow night, should be a good though, what with all the big stars from the past

Edit:- Also, I really don't see the need to make raw 3 hours, that means every Raw will be longer than a ppv, what's the point?

Sent using Tapatalk HD
    No point for the Fan.

They are struggling to fill a decent 2 hours at the moment. They have however signed a new tv/ad deal so the extra hour of TV, no matter how shit, will mean extra $$$ on the bottom line even if it does water the product significantly. WCW anyone?

Thanks to Spennyboy

littlebilly1 (24th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It had to be one of the biggest flops of all time! You're trying to tell me that all they could muster up was a Full DX, get The Rock back for a cameo appearance and The Undertaker back to help Kane!! Your kidding me right?

Why not get back some of the other guy's from the Attitude era? even some of the smaller guys? it was pretty much a bog standard dull boring raw with DX, The Rock and taker.

Austin was in crutches so that explains him, but why no Edge? sure he cant wrestle but why no appearance? Even have a nostalgic Brood match or something.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoenix View Post
    It had to be one of the biggest flops of all time! You're trying to tell me that all they could muster up was a Full DX, get The Rock back for a cameo appearance and The Undertaker back to help Kane!! Your kidding me right?

Why not get back some of the other guy's from the Attitude era? even some of the smaller guys? it was pretty much a bog standard dull boring raw with DX, The Rock and taker.

Austin was in crutches so that explains him, but why no Edge? sure he cant wrestle but why no appearance? Even have a nostalgic Brood match or something.
    Well i heard that austin didnt come because he was filming and he couldnt get released for raw, but what the hey, the biggest star of the attitude era couldnt make it. But yeah they could easily have got gangrel and others from the brood.

I think they should have used the APA in a better way if they were getting them to turn up, i mean it was great seeing bradshaw give the clothesline from hell but giving them something more substancial would have been better.

So many others missing too, and what the fuck was the deal with dude love.......why was he not there as mankind and used properly, would loved to have seen a showdown/hoedown between funkasaurus and the godfather and his HOOEEEEETRAIN.

Guys like steve blackman and ken shamrock should have been used, and brett must have felt shortchanged with being a ring announcer.

They relly should have gone old school with the show, even till the bitter end i was expecting to see stone cold come out to get the biggest pop of the night but unfortunately that didnt happen.

a very bad way to 'celebrate' 1000 shows i think they let a lot of the ollder fans down by not really looking back at the people that have helped elevate WWE to where it is today.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Austin as said was on crutches as he has just had knee surgery and he felt it wouldnt look good on his character to be hobbling down to the ring. Wasnt a full DX due to the lack of Chyna but that was never gonna happen either.. Steve Blackman!!!!! you kidding me right lol. The problem is WWEs PG era so mankind would scare kids, Dx cant be the old DX. I did wonder where Edge was and Orton!! I know he's on his 60day ban but cmon!! Not even for the 1000th episode :/ It was good, just could of been better

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by daz73 View Post
    Austin as said was on crutches as he has just had knee surgery and he felt it wouldnt look good on his character to be hobbling down to the ring. Wasnt a full DX due to the lack of Chyna but that was never gonna happen either.. Steve Blackman!!!!! you kidding me right lol. The problem is WWEs PG era so mankind would scare kids, Dx cant be the old DX. I did wonder where Edge was and Orton!! I know he's on his 60day ban but cmon!! Not even for the 1000th episode :/ It was good, just could of been better

yeah steve blackman lol i remember his feuds back in the day lol legend!!! but what would have been good would have been to see DX havea facce off with the nation of domination, i mean the rock was there, mark henry is as good as fit and d-lo brown and godfather would be desperate to get some TV time, i remember that promo where the NOD came on as DX and the rock was wearing a mad fake nose and doing impersonations lol

but i didnt realise austin was on crutches, but yeah i agree if he is gonna hobble down thats not what the fans want to see.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

D-Lo works for TNA as a road agent though doesn't he?

Sent From TapaTalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by littlebilly1 View Post
    D-Lo works for TNA as a road agent though doesn't he?

Sent From TapaTalk
    Yeah D'Lo is a TNA Agent now.

They could have done sooooo much more but didnt bother their ass, severe lack of creativity. I watched an old PPV the other night, Royal Rumble 2003 I think it was, the one Kane ran riot and eliminated 11 people. Nearly every match that evening, leading up to the Actual Rumble could easily be a Main Event at any PPV of the current Roster. I know it's the PG era but almost all of the current Roster, with the exception of Jericho, Punk and Cena Lack charisma. The rest are mediocre or never get the right push.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was talking to Dave Heath and his wife few weeks back ref this and he said the same..

Bag of shit

Lot the good talent have signed with TNA, Vince is a hard man to work with and he is up his own ass, hence Shane took a back seat and now running a company in the far east.

I spent a few days on the road with kurt angle and Matt hardy recently who filled me in on most of the shit in the locker room and it's scary what vince has been up to.

Wwe is not the same and will never get the followers it did back in 2000

To be honest TNA going down the same road, watched it last week and could not believe how wank it was, got on the phone to Chris Daniels who out for dinner with few of e guys and from what they were saying, they would walk tomorrow

I will cut paste this as an email to a few the guys named, let them have a laugh

Regards

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm good friends with a Scottish Wrestler by the name of BTGunn, he is really good mates with Drew Galloway ( McIntyre ) and he says that since Drew reached the "Big Time" its not all peaches and cream. The creative team change their minds more time than the Scottish weather, hence why they stopped pushing him at the drop of a hat. They are very reactive as a business, and not very pro-active. It's almost like they are waiting for the fans to indicate who they like and then decide lets push them.

They also appear to let talent go who may rub against the grain and challenge the creative team ( John Morrison ) and let others away with complete murder ( Randy Orton ) I'm going back to the 90's attitude era! this PG is shit! lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They also appear to let talent go who may rub against the grain and challenge the creative team ( John Morrison ) and let others away with complete murder ( Randy Orton ) I'm going back to the 90's attitude era! this PG is shit! lol
    I think the reason orton can get away with so much is, that a couple of years ago he seemed to be the blue eyed boy and was going to be the main guy for smackdown so vince thought they should offer him a huge contract for a long period of time and i think they got him to sign a 10 year contract and since then he has been an arse and knows that get can get away with most things. Take for example this time when he failed his wellness policy for the second time which means he is only 1 more failure away from being sacked. None of the writers felt he deserved a push, but vince still htinks he is great and wants him back in the title picture asap. Just goes to show that once you are one of the top dogs you will never get dismissed.

I really wish they would go back to the attitude era with the first blood matches and actually allowing them to hit people over the heads with chairs, now as they are PG its not allowed and last year when HHH and taker did that in their WM match they both got heavily fined, personally i think its a joke, this is what these guys do and they do it well. The closest we got to an old school match was when lesnar and cena had their PPV match and cena was busted badly and it was a good brawl even though cena was getting kicked to shit for about 90% of the match lol.

They need to also find a new mick foley and get him falling from ridiculous heights, i bet terry funk would be game! lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    I think the reason orton can get away with so much is, that a couple of years ago he seemed to be the blue eyed boy and was going to be the main guy for smackdown so vince thought they should offer him a huge contract for a long period of time and i think they got him to sign a 10 year contract and since then he has been an arse and knows that get can get away with most things. Take for example this time when he failed his wellness policy for the second time which means he is only 1 more failure away from being sacked. None of the writers felt he deserved a push, but vince still htinks he is great and wants him back in the title picture asap. Just goes to show that once you are one of the top dogs you will never get dismissed.

I really wish they would go back to the attitude era with the first blood matches and actually allowing them to hit people over the heads with chairs, now as they are PG its not allowed and last year when HHH and taker did that in their WM match they both got heavily fined, personally i think its a joke, this is what these guys do and they do it well. The closest we got to an old school match was when lesnar and cena had their PPV match and cena was busted badly and it was a good brawl even though cena was getting kicked to shit for about 90% of the match lol.

They need to also find a new mick foley and get him falling from ridiculous heights, i bet terry funk would be game! lol
    Lmao! yeah that's true. I was watching the Chris Benoit documentary, the documentary was about him going nuts and what caused him to loose the plot. A few factors where attributed to it, 1 being his serious Steroid abuse. 2. The damage to his brain from sustained head shots over the years. His brain had a large amount of black spots on it and this was said to be untreated concussions. So, as the WWE needed to do something they banned headshots with chairs.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Lmao! yeah that's true. I was watching the Chris Benoit documentary, the documentary was about him going nuts and what caused him to loose the plot. A few factors where attributed to it, 1 being his serious Steroid abuse. 2. The damage to his brain from sustained head shots over the years. His brain had a large amount of black spots on it and this was said to be untreated concussions. So, as the WWE needed to do something they banned headshots with chairs.

I understand the safety thing, but to be honest he is about the only one that happened to, not that i am condoning what he did, a great great wrestler and its ashame everything ended the way it did, i remember watching him in WCW and his feuds were great, and his feud with angle was top draw stuff in WWF, these guys put everything on the line. But the WWE make a mockery of their no headshots with chairs, when they allow ziggler to totally smash the money in the bank case over sheamus's head.

Just saw raw from last night and how retarded was it, when brock gets involved they LOVE to turn the cameras off when its gonna get really violent, i think the whole PG phase needs to run its cause fast and hopefully they will then recycle a new attitude era and let people have proper matches.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I also used to like TNA but recently is a poor mans WWE!! Run ins all the time, changed the ring type ( which was the defining factor of tna), far too many promos. Still brilliant wrestlers though. Regarding John Morrison, I was shocked to see him terminated as he's without doubt one of the best performers in WWE and seemed to be doing everything right and BANG gone!.. Must of slept with Stephanie as well

Summerslam, Lesnar HAS to beat HHH or his comeback is just a joke, being beat off Cena and then HHH would cripple his character...

I just dont understand WWE anymore, they know people WANT the Attitude era back but yet going down this fruity pebbles path. For all his faults Orton is still one of the best commodities they have left that people ACTUALLY want to see..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by daz73 View Post

Summerslam, Lesnar HAS to beat HHH or his comeback is just a joke, being beat off Cena and then HHH would cripple his character...

I just dont understand WWE anymore, they know people WANT the Attitude era back but yet going down this fruity pebbles path. For all his faults Orton is still one of the best commodities they have left that people ACTUALLY want to see..
    totally agree with you, Lesnar has to win, cuz even though he is signed up to limited dates he cant go through until wrestlemania without a victory he has to destroy someone and HHH would be the next best thing after cena.

with regards to the attitude era............boy does it need to come back, i mean i have watched clips on youtube and it is desperately needed, i think thats why most of the attitude wrestlers left on the roster are not performing week in week out because it is no longer an anything goes event. these guys love to do their promor where they are free to say what they want and also wrestle the way they want.

I just watched a match on youtube where stone cold went up against undertaker, and it was a brawl, no pure wrestling and it was entertaining, it had the crowd up on their feet, and thats what WWE are missing, they need wrestlers to be able ot wrestle their own matched. also another factor is that raw and smackdown are a joke because no title matches happen, the only time u see a title match is when a PPV is on, i remember when a champ would lose on a sunday at a PPV and demand a rematch on raw........that shit never happens, WWE is a fucking joke and TNA is even worse than that.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Raw 1000

Jim Cornette made a comment in one of his shoot interviews, he said that a phrase never used by wrestlers anymore is "call it in the ring" and he's damn right, I don't think half the current superstars could do it anyway

Sent From TapaTalk