Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC Sport Man Utd lowers stock float value

Manchester United has a huge global fan base
    that they are seeking to capitalise on

Manchester United has been forced to cut the value of its imminent share flotation in New York.
    The football club said it would sell shares at $14 each, below the $16-$20 range that it announced just weeks ago.

It is selling shares representing 10% of the club, which will raise $233m (£150m) to pay off some debt, below the $333m hoped for.
    The lowering of the debut share price suggests that it could not find buyers at those higher prices.

The business has been controlled since 2005 by billionaire US sports investors the Glazer family, who paid £800m for the club, which this sale now values at double that.
    They also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers American football team. The shares will begin trading in New York on Friday under the ticker name Manu.
    The club currently has £437m of debt and £70m in cash.

'Message'Earlier this month, the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST), called for a boycott of the club's sponsors in protest at the planned share issue.
    It said this was intended to send "a loud and clear message to the Glazer family and club sponsors that, without the support and purchasing power of the fans, the global strength of the Manchester United brand doesn't actually exist".

The club, which has one of the largest fan bases of any Premier League team - reaching into the hundreds of millions, was recently called the most valuable in sport and worth $2.23bn, according to Forbes magazine. Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager, recently denied speculation that he stands to benefit financially from the imminent share flotation, after reports that club employees would benefit from a share incentive scheme.
    "There is not a single grain of truth in this allegation," he said in a statement.

The Premier League giant came second last season and has won a record 19 titles.

BBC Sport

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man Utd lowers stock float value

It is selling shares representing 10% of the club, which will raise $233m (£150m) to pay off some debt, below the $333m hoped for.
    The lowering of the debut share price suggests that it could not find buyers at those higher prices.
    Fucking stupid anyway, they were planning to sell 10% of the club in shares to raise $330m. Yet the shares give you no say in the club, and under the revised IPO that was released other week, if they did raise $330m, $288 of that would go to the Glazers own pocket and United directors, non employee directors and an Equity scheme for the top dogs. Leaving fuck all to be put into the debt.

People were concerned Fergie was one of those benefiting from the IPO sales if they did happen, and as such he had to come out and release a statement saying he's not, which has made me slightly more happy, but still pissed at his attack of the Anti Glazer fans amongst the club.

MUST have called for a boycott of all Sponsors again and rallying around to ensure the IPO fails! If the IPO shares were sold at $333m, each of the 6 Glazers would pocket $25m each.

They are absolutely ruining this club in terms of finances, and we've covered if for long enough with CLfinals, 1 cup, leagues etc but I've been fighting since May 2005, and people need to get behind this IPO failure, and ensure no money is raised as a result.

What makes me totally sick, from the £650m debt in 2005 when we were first taken over, we've repaid over £720m in repayments and interest, and yet still owe £400m+.

Absolute fucking joke.

I wish every single Glazer and Gill a fucking very painful death.

"Debt is the road road to ruin" - David Gill 2004
    Last edited by BigBrand; 10th August 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    They are absolutely ruining this club in terms of finances, and we've covered if for long enough with CLfinals, 1 cup, leagues etc.
    Thats the problem I see with a lot of United fans, once you started winning again under the Glazers they simply didn't give a fuck anymore, the green and gold vanished and everything was rosey again in their eyes.
    Now though that Citeh are becoming a force and the russian looking willing to inject cash into Chelsea again there is a risk United could be on the verge of a barren spell and if that happens I expect all the nobs to rekindle their hatred for the Glazers.

Fuck all to do with the debt as far as some are concerned the Glazers for them instead of being a burden on the club are just used as an excuse.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's hard when the fan base is so large, so I can only speak for myself, and I don't think you can put all Uniteds fans into one bracket, as there are so many who believe/stand for/want/care for different things.

For millions of United fans, all they've ever known is success, so when we stop being successful, shit will hit the fan, and Glazers will be the first scape goat for them.

For others, who have been trying with all we have rid them from our club since 2004 really, we know what to expect, and we've been there when we were shit, and when we were good, so we can appreciate it a bit better I feel.

Regardless of where you stand as a fan with United, or where in the world you are, there should be no doubt, that everysingle one needs to take note of this, and how you may have ignored the debt issue for so long, it can't be ignored for much longer.

We tried to do something before it's too late, but sadly, there just isn't a car from enough United fans to take any affirmative action.

Thanks
    Karma Level

United will always exist regardless of the glazers, Michael Knighton, gill kenyon, Murdoch, and the salford butcher louis and his son Martin Edwards et al.
    Everyone tries to make money from us, that's just life really, it's all relative.

And when it all goes tits up (which it will eventually a la Rangers) the loyal fans will still follow.

But I am getting bored of premier league football, the Olympics have really shown how sports men and women can achieve their goals - with dignity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aye as soon as you go to a PLC it's there, I don't think anyone would not want to be taken over by a rich owner, but it's the debt and the way they did it and continue to rape our club that is morally wrong.

I was watching a CH4 News show at 7pm tonight and they were showing a video montage from the original protest in 2005. Fuck me there I am.

Won't tell you who I am, but I'm at the front!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQY6dYMS1I