Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Microsoft Starts Registration For £14.99 Windows 8 Upgrade Offer, Full Details Here

Microsoft today has started taking registrations for Windows 8 upgrade program for existing Windows 7 users. The program, which is available in 140 countries, lets you upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for as low as £14.99, provided that you meet the required criteria for the upgrade.
    Qualified customers include those who have bought a Windows 7 based PC after June 2nd of this year. So if you happen to be amongst those who have bought a PC with Windows 7 on it between 2nd June 2012 and 31 January 2013, you will need to register for the Windows upgrade offer by navigation to windowsupgradeoffer.com. Last date of registration is set for 28th February 2013, and if you miss this registration date, you will have to pay the full retail price for Windows 8.

The offer is for customers (e.g. Home users, students, and enthusiasts) who purchase a qualified PC. A qualified PC is a new PC purchased during the promotional period with a valid Windows 7 OEM Certificate of Authenticity and product key for, and preinstalled with:

• Windows 7 Home Basic;
    • Windows 7 Home Premium;
    • Windows 7 Professional; or
    • Windows 7 Ultimate.

The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per qualified PC purchased, and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.
    In case you don’t already know, if you happen to have bought a Windows 7 PC before June 2nd, 2012, you will be able to get Windows 8 for £39.99 come October 26th. More details on this particular offer can be found here and here.

Windows 8 RTM was announced back on August 1st. Last week, Microsoft made the final RTM bits available to registered developers of both MSDN and TechNet. Students with DreamSpark Premium accounts are scheduled to get their RTM bits on August 25th.
    General availability of Windows 8 is set for October 26th.

Source
    Last edited by evilsatan; 21st August 2012 at 08:59 AM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft Starts Registration For £14.99 Windows 8 Upgrade Offer, Full Details He

I have just registered 2 laptops I bought in the past fortnight and although the form requested the date of purchase and retailer it didn't request any accompanying documents, serial numbers etc. Not that I'm suggesting anything but I can't imagine they will even attempt to validate the hundreds of thousands or even millions of applications worldwide.

2 Thanks given to evilsatan

liveseytowers (23rd August 2012),  Over Carl (23rd August 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft Starts Registration For £14.99 Windows 8 Upgrade Offer, Full Details He

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I have just registered 2 laptops I bought in the past fortnight and although the form requested the date of purchase and retailer it didn't request any accompanying documents, serial numbers etc. Not that I'm suggesting anything but I can't imagine they will even attempt to validate the hundreds of thousands or even millions of applications worldwide.
    thanks for the idea

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fevernova View Post
    thanks for the idea

I just got my code it works a treat no checks at all.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

did anyone install over windows xp?
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657