Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Repair your own LCD TV for less than a couple of quid and no special skills.

There are still dangerous voltages kicking around the switch mode supplies. Always be careful .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Repair your own LCD TV for less than a couple of quid and no special skills.

Thanks, i have taken pic of board, some are brown and some are black, the black ones have a k on top and the brown ones have 3 segments. As there isn't a kit for mine, any pointers to which ones?

Would i have to take each one out to see what one i need?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Repair your own LCD TV for less than a couple of quid and no special skills.

Quote Originally Posted by lagigolo View Post
    Thanks, i have taken pic of board, some are brown and some are black, the black ones have a k on top and the brown ones have 3 segments. As there isn't a kit for mine, any pointers to which ones?

Would i have to take each one out to see what one i need?

May be worth you posting a pic taken from the side so we can see the top of the capacitors side on. (">

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Remember, blown/bulging capacitors might be a sign of another component that could be failing too. You might replace them all and they just blow again.
    Change the capacitors for a cheap/quick fix, but it's not guaranteed to solve your problems.

Does the board have any identifying marks on it that could help your source a new one should it come to it?
    I've had good results after changing the capacitors, but I've also needed to swap the boards on a couple of occasions.

eBay is full of stripped parts from TV's
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=TV+Power+Board
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...&_nkw=VO+Board

But you're best searching for the Product number.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nothing on ebay, found this http://tvpartsfixit.co.uk/?Set=L32HP...earch=LCA90463 £34.99 including delivery.

Remember i don't know if its faulty.

Heres a side pic. as requested.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I would say, seeing as the TV switches on, that board is not at fault.

has sound but no picture. I had this all apart yesterday and backlight is working. Should i be looking at the main power board assy?
    I went back and investigated (I should have done that first!).
    Reading what you wrote, I would be checking the Video Output Board - the one the LCD itself connects too.

Post a new thread and I'll try to help you further there.

Also, for the record "JVC LT-37DSB6" doesn't exist.

JVC 37DS6?
    Last edited by DejaVu; 9th October 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by harryb View Post
    Hi Percy, no problem
    Yes if you can, would be great.
    I had turned off checking for updates on the TV and it actually made the situation better but just today it was back to it's old tricks.
    Possibly placebo effect
    Known fault - firmware as suspected. Let me have an email address and ill send you it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    This is the board mate.. From the printing on it, it's 17PW26-4 and v.1 in smaller letters.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    The 17pw26 usually fails completely rather than intermittent.

a new one can be bought for less than £30. Can you check ps voltages?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lagigolo View Post
    I have a jvc lt-37dsb6, this has just gone about a week ago while watching it. Has sound but no picture. I had this all apart yesterday and backlight is working. Should i be looking at the main power board assy? for capacitors? or is there normally another fault with these?

Also is it ok just to unplug these and remove, do i have to avoid touching anything or discharge anything?
    If its an LCD, check the 24v rail from the ps to the inverter is present.

Thanks to Percy Sugden

lagigolo (11th October 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Could do with some help too. I've previously repaired a good mates Samsung tv by spotting and upgrading some capacitors. This time my bedroom telly a Samsung LE40M87BDX has stopped coming on, the LED on the front responds when I use the remote control but as said the screen just doesn't come on. There's none of the clicking and "warming up" noises that I had become used to. Please note this tv was replaced under warranty for a noisy backlight a couple of years ago, I was told to dispose of the old one so I used it upstairs with settings that minimised the noisy backlight. Anyway, I've taken the back off and the capacitors (which I expected to be swollen like my mates were) seem ok to my untrained eyes. Please see the attached photos. Any advice gratefully received.

PS caps are fine.

do you have any sound?

Thanks to Percy Sugden

beansontoast (10th October 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Repair your own LCD TV for less than a couple of quid and no special skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
    PS caps are fine.

do you have any sound?
    There wasn't any but there's no means of checking whether it's on a channel (or input). The power button light is on for standby and when I use the remote nothing happens other than the light responds to it. There is also no initial delay for the screen to come on, no clicking, nothing.

The tv is off the wall now but if necessary I can put it on the stand and plug it back in to try things?
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I already repaired my Samsung 206BW monitor a few months ago. Soldered in some new capacitors and job done.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Percy, Just want another opinion before I open it up.
    My mum's tv (Goodman's 32" GTVL32W17HDF) She was watching it last night and the screen started to go dark. She turned it off and back on, the no signal screen came on first (Blue screen) Then went narrow and then black.

You can hear the tv channel sound but no picture.

Had this before on my monitor and changed the caps, does this sound like a cap issue or panel?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Percy, Just want another opinion before I open it up.
    My mum's tv (Goodman's 32" GTVL32W17HDF) She was watching it last night and the screen started to go dark. She turned it off and back on, the no signal screen came on first (Blue screen) Then went narrow and then black.

You can hear the tv channel sound but no picture.

Had this before on my monitor and changed the caps, does this sound like a cap issue or panel?
    Bag o' shite these!

Probably ps, they use a Proview ipos150 which are very prone to failure. Kits are available. Again, check for 24v to the inverter.

Thanks to Percy Sugden

AD (11th October 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    There wasn't any but there's no means of checking whether it's on a channel (or input). The power button light is on for standby and when I use the remote nothing happens other than the light responds to it. There is also no initial delay for the screen to come on, no clicking, nothing.

The tv is off the wall now but if necessary I can put it on the stand and plug it back in to try things?
    Connect a scart lead from the Sammy to another TV, set to the corresponding input. Whatever should be on the Sammy's screen will appear on the scart connected set.

Check the ps voltages.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My sister left her Tele Box on all day while at University and came back to this -

I've pulled it open and had a look at the boards, they all seem perfect.
    I removed the 'Picture Board' labelled RUNTKA561WJ. It looks ok with no obvious signs of damage. I though it may have got hot and the solder move, so reflowed it horizontally, but still the same thing.

Checked eBay and one replacement for it is available, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180961825091, but wanted to make sure it couldn't be anything else before buying it.
    IE Capacitors - Looking at them all there is no obvious signs of bulge, leaks etc.

Could it be the LCD has completely died? Where would you check first faced with a TV like this?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi guys, two questions, sorry if they seem very basic.

1. What type of capacitors, know I need electrolytic, but are the ones in an lcd tv lead or smd(what's the difference) and are they radial or axial.
    2. Is there any reliable way to check them on the board, have 18 32in lg's to sort at the moment, would save a lot of work.(even though I'll change all as soon as I can, time permitting).

Oh, does anyone know of a supplier for kits (capacitors or possibly whole boards) for LG tvs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got my kit off eBay for my LG TV. was only about a tenner.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

try and use a bigger soldering iron when dealing with Caps on a TV. Smaller irons dont pack enough heat to remove the stubborn old ones.

Thanks to eblaster101

AD (18th October 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by eblaster101 View Post
    Smaller irons dont pack enough heat to remove the stubborn old ones.
    That's certainly true. A good way to start heating up the solder is to melt some other solder onto it, strange but true.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast