Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Tritton Warhead 7.1 two-way headset for Xbox 360 now shipping

Companies are no strangers to superlatives where new kit is concerned and Mad Catz is definitely no exception. With the release of its newest flagship, the Tritton Warhead 7.1, the outfit's claiming a novelty in the Xbox 360 space, labeling these cans as the "first... to deliver two-way communication" without the need for wires or controller adapters. Made specifically for Microsoft's green X gaming platform, the pair of 50mm drivers pump out Dolby 7.1 virtual surround sound over a 5.8GHz channel for up to 33ft of interference-free smack talk. The headset also offers gamers the ability to monitor their in-ear voice levels (SVM), control the volume of other players, as well as select EQ presets for a variety of media playback. And just so you never have to press pause to keep the friendly banter (read: cusses) flowing, the company's bundled in a dock and pair of of Li-ion batteries for "hot-swappable" recharging. These over-ears are available now for a cool $299 at BestBuy and the company's own site, so if you take your first-person action seriously, prepare to part with a few Benjamins. Official presser after the break.

Press Release:

Mad Catz® Ships The Warhead™ 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset for Xbox 360®
    Flagship TRITTON® Headset Delivers True Wireless Chat Communication

San Diego – August 21, 2012 – Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. ("Mad Catz") (NYSE MKT: MCZ) announced today the shipping of the Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset, for use with the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

The flagship in the Company's exclusive range of Xbox 360 gaming headsets, the Warhead 7.1 is the first headset in the world to deliver two-way communication via the Xbox 360 console, negating the need for a chat cable or adapter to be connected to the gamers' controller.

"We believe premium products such as the Warhead 7.1 have longer product life spans and offer the best means for us to target competitive and passionate gamers who demand the best." said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. "In addition to our focus on creating new products, we also look forward to leveraging our expanded geographic footprint and worldwide sales and marketing initiatives to bring added visibility to this one-of-a-kind product."

The Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset features 5.8GHz wireless technology and Dolby® Headphone 7.1 surround sound. In addition, the Warhead 7.1 offers gamers an array of features including twin 'hot-swappable' rechargeable lithium-ion battery packs, Selectable Voice Monitoring (SVM), EQ modes for movies, music and gaming and an on screen battery-indicator display.

The Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset is available for purchase from Best Buy® stores, www.bestbuy.com, and Mad Catz store www.madcatz.com.

Source

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tritton Warhead 7.1 two-way headset for Xbox 360 now shipping

Can't justify $299 for a new set of headphones as I have the Turtlebeach MW3 Ear Force Delta's but is anyone else tempted?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought a pair of the previous Tritton top of the range last year and returned them, really uncomfortable but then I'm used to Sennheiser HD 600's which cost an arm and a leg about 4-5 years ago. They are as close as I can get to my Studio Monitors which are B&W DM4s, developed for the BBC in the late 70's early 80's. I find that using them up through my AV amp is unbeatable.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I bought a pair of the previous Tritton top of the range last year and returned them, really uncomfortable but then I'm used to Sennheiser HD 600's which cost an arm and a leg about 4-5 years ago. They are as close as I can get to my Studio Monitors which are B&W DM4s, developed for the BBC in the late 70's early 80's. I find that using them up through my AV amp is unbeatable.
    They do look a bit ridged but I guess there is no way of knowing what they are like without trying them and $299 is a bit much for a test, the 'without the need for wires or controller adapters' aspect and 33ft range is really the tempting bit for Xbox 360.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Have to be careful about the sound quality with Wireless, compression becomes an issue. I bought mine from Amazon because they are really cool about returns. . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

Bald Bouncer (22nd August 2012)