Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Help Sky gurus ......... MULTIROOM and TVLINK LOFT BOX QUESTIONS

Guys need a bit of help on this, so will explain below

My mate is about to convert his conservatory into a MAN CAVE

He currently has sky HD in the living room now he is going to take an extra subscription for multiroom but whilst doing this wants to feed the main tv feed into a tvlink loftbox so they can feed the bedrooms, leaving his new multiroom subscription in the man cave.

so whats best way around this im pretty sure multiroom runs off the LNB correct ??

in my head had it has follows

Sky will fit new multiroom running extra set cables from lnb into conservatory

now using tvlink loftbox 4 way take return feed RFR2 from living room sky box to the loftbox and then run these to the bedrooms
    http://www.tvlink.co.uk/downloads/185138500_LB.pdf
    only problem is that the diagram above show slightly different to the description and that threw me off a little as it shows the SAT(poss for another sat feed) feed into the loft box and not from the sky RF2 (UHF on diagram)feed but it may work both ways ??

it must work with skyhd is main thing, so does this sound correct or is there a better way, or use other make recommended ??

have seen another diagram where it said would need a Loftbox expander so im now a little mixed up

Cheers
    MM
    Last edited by Mobileman; 29th August 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky gurus LOOK IN ......... MULTIROOM and TVLINK LOFT BOX OPTIONS

You don't wanna extend your hd box using rf unless it's just a 14" or something it's going to.

There's another post on here where I believe Sanj and Realist discussed the options.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    You don't wanna extend your hd box using rf unless it's just a 14" or something it's going to.

There's another post on here where I believe Sanj and Realist discussed the options.
    any idea on that thread mate ?
    Sounds like will need to go for distribution system then ?

possibly this is better option http://www.triax.co.uk/upload/ddu_installation.pdf
    Last edited by Mobileman; 28th August 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks ok to me,. are you planning on using magic eyes to control the box in the other room or just have the feeds.
    most boxes now have power pass to allow voltage to pass if you want to use a magic eye to control the skybox.

the way your using will give you free view and sky in each room assuming the sky box has an aerial connected.
    picture wont be so bad and as analogue is gone now you wont get any cross modulation on the picture.

Thanks to -X-

Mobileman (30th August 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -X- View Post
    looks ok to me,. are you planning on using magic eyes to control the box in the other room or just have the feeds.
    most boxes now have power pass to allow voltage to pass if you want to use a magic eye to control the skybox.

the way your using will give you free view and sky in each room assuming the sky box has an aerial connected.
    picture wont be so bad and as analogue is gone now you wont get any cross modulation on the picture.
    thanks, yeah going to use magic eyes as these units above support that, Im really concerned about picture quality though as these will be running to 28-32 inch tvs

anyone got experince of using these on larger tvs ??

Thanks
    Karma Level

How many bedrooms does he want the sky hd in? He does know that only one channel at a time will be available on sky (+ the extra one in his man cave)

My setup is Sky+HD comes into living room, then the HDMI into a 4x2 splitter (4 inputs 2 outputs) One output goes into the TV and the other upstairs via 15M HDMI cable to the upstairs tv.
    The RF1 Also goes into the TV downstairs and this allows Freeview HD on that tv.
    The RF2 goes upstairs and has the magic eye attatched upstairs then into that tv. This allows Sky to be controlled upstairs and also has FreeviewHD.
    If he wanted this in other bedrooms (I dont have this) you could get another splitter for the HD upstairs to goto the other bedrooms and I think the RF2 can be 'daisy chained' so could also be controlled in other bedrooms too.
    I do also have a ps3 and xbox360 plugged into the inputs of the splitter so these can be used in the upstairs bedroom too.
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

tune the sky into your main tv via rf..... tha'ts what the picture will be like
    it may degrade a little on the longest run but just use decent cable and it should be fine,

if its not what you want once done add the hdmi splitter mentioned above.(they can cost a bit)
    then just use the rf to control the skybox via magic eye.

Thanks to -X-

Thanks
    Karma Level

You never see any problems in pubs/clubs with RF and some use cheap shoddy splitters as mentioned use good quality screened cable not cheap RG6 and keep away from any possible interference and you should be fine, Picture quality should resemble Freeview through an aerial on your TV

Thanks to digi247

Thanks
    Karma Level

U can now get hdmi injector kits for 20ish notes. These work like magic eyes but for hdmi connection instead so no need for rf unless u need freeview.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sgtbarton; 1st September 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks to sgtbarton