Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky News New Sky+ EPG - undelete feature.

Even more exciting new features for Sky+

We’re updating some of our Sky+HD boxes, so you might notice some new features on your Sky Guide soon. In particular, we’re adding an Undelete feature, which promises to make accidentally deleting a show from your Planner a thing of the past. Also, Sky Anytime and Anytime+ will become On Demand, so there’s one convenient place to find the TV shows you want when you want them.

Plus, we’re getting your Sky+HD box ready for Catch Up TV, one more way to make sure you never miss the shows that matter to you on Sky, ITV Player, Demand 5 and later on, BBC iPlayer.

Undelete
    We’re adding a new feature to Sky+ called Undelete, so you’ll never miss a TV show because you've accidentally deleted it from your Planner. All deleted shows will be added to the Deleted tab and you’ll be able to restore them to your Planner or delete them permanently from there. The Deleted tab will be found to the left of your Planner’s All tab.
    There’s no need to worry that you’ll fill up your hard disk with this new feature. The oldest items will be deleted automatically and permanently if you need more space for new recordings.

On Demand and Catch Up TV
    Sky Anytime and Anytime+ will soon appear as On Demand in your Sky Guide, making it simpler for you to find the shows you want when you want them.

You’ll find great boxsets of some of our most popular shows, like Stella, Mad Dogs and An Idiot Abroad, as well as top shows shown exclusively on Sky Atlantic, available to download at the touch of a button 24 hours a day, all at no extra monthly cost.

Also, we’ll soon be launching Catch Up TV, so you’ll be able to get the best shows from the last seven days on Sky channels, ITV Player, Demand 5 and shortly after launch, BBC iPlayer, through your Sky+HD box. You won’t need to gather around your laptop to recap the week’s best shows. They’ll be available to enjoy on your TV, in the comfort of your living room.

Other updated features
    We’re updating some of the other great features on your Sky Guide. You’ll notice a new Store tab where you’ll easily be able to find movies to rent – from recent action-packed blockbusters to golden all-time classics – to watch when it suits you.
    You’ll also see the Docs tab moved to the middle of your Sky Guide, to help you find amazing factual TV shows more quickly.
    It’ll be easier to get the right help when using your Sky Guide’s fantastic features too. We've tailored Help menus to specific Sky Guide functions, like On Demand, Box Office, Parental Settings and others, to get you going if you're ever unsure of what to do.

In addition, if you’d like to disable your iPad's remote control features (available through the Sky+ app for iPad), you'll be able to do so from the Sky Guide’s Parental section.

What you need to do:
    We’ll update your Sky Guide automatically in the middle of the night to minimise any disruption to the enjoyment of your Sky TV. So there’s nothing for you to worry about and this won’t affect any shows you’ve recorded or scheduled to record.
    To make the most of On Demand and to be ready for Catch Up TV, just make sure your Sky+ box is connected to your broadband router. You might need to activate the service before using it.

Connecting your Sky+HD box to your router

More about the update
    We’ll be making the updates in phases based on the type of Sky box you have. The first boxes to be updated will be the latest Sky+HD box (DRX890 model) and the Sky+HD 1TB box.
    If you’re not sure of what model you’re using, visitHelp and Support for how to find out.
    Please note: we recommend a minimum download speed of 2Mbps, and downloads count towards your usage cap if you have one. Content available to watch will depend on your Sky TV subscription. Sky Store costs extra.

"Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

2 Thanks given to Nibb

andmor (6th September 2012),  greens117 (6th September 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Sky+ EPG - undelete feature.

Yet another Item to add to the List of functions available to some customers. not had the updated EPG yet. waiting on SKY go to be made available for Android tablets Believe in better not in My house we don't.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky Go is available on ICS...not Jelly-bean
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes but only on a selection of phones and not on any tablets. I can get bbc itv C4 and C5 but not sky go on my Acer. It took a long time to appear on android after the i phone. SKY although knowing about ICS took about 3 + months to make it compatible. I'm afraid that as far as i care sky brings all these services out just to sound good. Even though most are relevant to being tied to all their products. They have ruined sport with their overinflated bids. Sorry rant over could go on.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

And its getting better.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    And its getting better.
    Please not again dude !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What are you on about, all I said was its getting better as it its a good feature and more to come.

So whats your beef cos you lost me!

Quote Originally Posted by flik View Post
    Please not again dude !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sure i read an email saying they are testing sky go on nexus at present finger crossed its out in next month or so