Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fifa 13 Demo Opinions

So what do you all think lads?

I love it. I started on World Class, and was finding it so hard to break down the opposition. The AI do some amazing runs now to create space which I could see alot more when I was playing 2 player games against Connor. The first touch is pretty good tbh. I played a long ball to a striker who chested it down into his path for a shot, in Fifa 12, he'd have slowed down enough for the defender to catch him. It just seems alot more fluid now, the way the players slowed down in Fifa 12 when receiving passes etc seems to be fixed now.

Connor got booked twice for moving the wall forward which was pretty funny! The free kick options are pretty varied now too, although I haven't got my head round them yet.

I've really enjoyed the few games ive played especially the 2 player ones where ive had more space to play the ball around.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fifa 13 Demo Opinions

Only had 1 game and just about to watch England, but....I love it as well!

In one match I've seen loads of new animations all over the place, the first touch feature seems to work really well and helps you to keep the game moving rather than in 12 where your control and movement is so slow you get caught a lot.

Only played against the CPU but I also play an overhit long diagonal ball over the top and it bounced once as I caught it and flicked the first touch control back in the opposite direction, he flicked/controlled it back over his head....but I missed the target with the shot, suprise suprise lol!

I did score a couple of finesse curlers, one high and one low - but they were realistic finishes so need more playtime to see if they have fixed that from 12....the keepers didn't look any better but can't tell with 1 game.

The passing seems a lot better to me now as well, little flicks round corners, first time touches etc and with the new 1st touch system you can play some really nice stuff.

There are some realistic bobbles and miscontrols as well, and a few double deflections which seem to be within the realm of physics at least so thats better than 12 already.

Not played 2 player as I have no mates, but I did read on one of the screens that Head2Head Seasons can now be played in co-op, so that should be quite cool as well.

I noticed a slight improvement in the off the ball runs, but even in 1 game there were multiple times I was waiting for a player to make a run and he either didn't or did it too late, but again I need more than 1 game to judge it.

Will post back more later after I've had a few more games, but very happy with what I've seen so far!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fifa 13 Demo Opinions

Looking good to me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

not much different tbh, strikers seem to have more chance of holding on to the ball and better 1st touchs, 1st game stupid run into your player penalty bollocks still present, chance of scoring in 90th minute is still around 75%

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I like it, especially loving the movement of your AI team mates.
    Refs are getting better but still got a straight red for a first tackle which admittedly was clumsy but defo not dangerous :/

Thanks
    Karma Level

I did the same as Danny and have started as world class which like he says is hard to break down. I've only played a few as I got in late then watched the England game. I don't think we will appreciate the changes until we start playing club games but I would rather they implement small changes like they have done now than major changes that totally screw up the game. Quite liked the Geoff Shreeves update, but not the bit where he told me i was suspended for the final!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I played a fair few more games with Connor again last night and i'm really enjoying it. Your AI teammates really do make runs into space now. There's less of the slow down/stop animations when receiving the ball now too which can produce some fluid attacking moves.

I like the quick free kicks, your player runs to get the ball and passes it to the player taking the free kick so you can take a quick one. Players seem to jostle for the ball now, where as in Fifa 12, 9 times out of 10 it would result in a free kick. I didn't find many 90 minute goals though, the only times I found was when I put it on Ultra Attacking and there were big holes in my defence.

There's a still a few weird animations n ball bouncing weirdly, but this is an early build, and not the final code.

I'm loving it, but we'll soon find flaws when the games out lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

I played a bit more today. Tried again on world class but kept getting beaten so dropped down to professional.

Tackling seems a better to me but I still got a 90th minute equaliser scored against me twice!!

And the music is much better too.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a quick update, I didn't realise it last night but I was on Professional (must have just clicked through the options when starting) so I have just had a couple of games on World Class and what a difference.

They are making runs off the ball now, not perfect, but MUCH better than before.

The CPU also keep the ball quite well and really pull you out of position of you start chasing them blindly.
    You need to keep changing man, jockeying and marking the space to get close enough to them to nick it or hustle them enough that they miscontrol or make a dodgy pass - its quite realistic actually.

Not had any last minute goals yet, and I've found the ref to be a lot better than 12 in terms of fouls and those perfect slides where you take the ball cleanly and he blows for a foul.

Shame you can't play online in the demo, but I'll be having a few more games tonight and see if anything bad or annoying "pops up"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    ... I've found the ref to be a lot better than 12 in terms of fouls and those perfect slides where you take the ball cleanly and he blows for a foul.
    So there'll be less cards for you this season then... yeah right!!!!

mml

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    So there'll be less cards for you this season then... yeah right!!!!

mml
    We aren't playing Red Card Soccer Andy
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks to swiggy

muttleymacclad (17th September 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Love it me.

Massive improvement on the sliding tackle for me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a quick blast the other day definitely an improvement again. Gonna take some getting used to but that is why I love it. Especially looking forward to ultimate team seasons too