Close

Awaiting Email Confirm dringhouses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice Can the handset Samsung Wireless VOIP - SMT-W5100 work through home wireless router?

Dear People

Has any of you configuered this device: handset Samsung Wireless VOIP - SMT-W5100?

Basically will the handset work directcly from my home wireless broadband and if it's possible to configuer the sip connection through the phone?

I've tried to look for infor on google but i'm not able to find out if it will be able to work through my home wireless router!

Please the more information the better as I've the chance to get one of this but only if I can get it to work!

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Can the handset Samsung Wireless VOIP - SMT-W5100 work through home wireless rout

Sorry fella I don't think you will have much joy - see page 103 of the manual ftp://81.24.117.226/Samsung/WLAN/SMT...2020Manual.pdf

I've read through the manual and can't find any reference on how to set any lines up, the only mention of registrations is to register on wifi.

It looks like you would need a Samsung OfficeServ 7100 / 7200 system to make use of that so all you have is a paperweight you may as well return or put on ebay.

Thanks to Over Carl

dringhouses (15th September 2012)  

Awaiting Email Confirm dringhouses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Can the handset Samsung Wireless VOIP - SMT-W5100 work through home wireless rout

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    Sorry fella I don't think you will have much joy - see page 103 of the manual ftp://81.24.117.226/Samsung/WLAN/SMT...2020Manual.pdf

I've read through the manual and can't find any reference on how to set any lines up, the only mention of registrations is to register on wifi.

It looks like you would need a Samsung OfficeServ 7100 / 7200 system to make use of that so all you have is a paperweight you may as well return or put on ebay.
    That is what I understood but sometimes you can miss something in the lines!

Thanks for confirming this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the phone is designed to work with Samsung phone systems, non sip mode is to connect to the new 7000 office server range and sip mode is to connect to the older office serve range.