Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Mega Man and Dead Rising creator reveals new zombie game YAIBA

Keiji Inafune, the former head of R&D at Capcom who created Mega Man and went on to produce Dead Rising, has revealed the new game he's been working on since ending his 23-year stint at the company in 2010. It looks pretty amazing: a stylised, cel-shaded zombie title.

The teaser trailer shows some startlingly violent zombie visuals as a ninja-style hero carves their way through a mass of the undead, who are slain with everything from samurai sword to dropped televisions.
    Inafune explained himself in the accompanying press release. "Everywhere I go, people ask: 'Are you working on it?" " When is it coming?' he said. "The expectation seems higher in the west."

"The expectation is clear. It's for my next zombie game. There are countless zombie games out there, and yet, people say they want to see a new Inafune zombie game.
    I am flattered and grateful, for people associating me as a "Zombie Lover". For that, I must, answer to this expectation."

I don't want to spoil everything just yet, but I hope you will enjoy my new game that is loaded with stuff I love, zombies, ninjas, robots, and action. It's called "YAIBA". I hope you are excited. I know I am."

You can read the full release over the comcept website. Here's the trailer. We're excited. How about you?

Source
    Last edited by Teajunkie; 13th September 2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw