Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 FIFA 13 Xbox 360 update out this weekend, FIFA servers will go offline today

EA will release a title update for FIFA 13 on Xbox 360 this weekend, the first of several patches and maintenance periods planned this month. "The FIFA 13 launch has seen the largest amount of daily online play for any game in EA history," notes a blog post over at EA.com. "Your feedback to date has already helped us optimize connectivity for users, as well as tweak applications and game modes." The publisher claims it has already addressed a number of problems, including: stuck and missing items in the FIFA Ultimate Team watch list and trade pile; duplicate match results in Seasons and Online Friendlies; and users being relegated from Division 1 in Seasons with matches remaining.

The bug fixes will be spread out across the coming weeks to ensure a minimum of server downtime per update. "We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we're confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone," the blog explains.

"We have plans for further updates to FIFA 13 this month, so stay tuned and we'll keep you updated on the dates for these improvements, as and when available," it concludes. Here's the official changelog for this weekend's update.

- Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
    - Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
    - Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
    - Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
    - Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
    - Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
    - Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
    - Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
    - Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
    - Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.

Another maintenance period is scheduled for today - expect the servers to go offline. It covers work on the Auction House in FIFA Ultimate Team, changes to error messaging in FIFA Ultimate Team Web and the EA SPORTS Football Club app, and leaderboard tuning to squash a bug where the wrong Gamertag is displayed.

EA appears to be making a big effort with FIFA 13's performance and security, despite labels boss Frank Gibeau's admission that "we're never going to win" the FIFA hacking battle. Here's a guide to protecting your Ultimate Team account against scammers and hackers, and here's how EA has tackled FIFA 12's notorious Virtual Pro hacking problem.

Source
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: FIFA 13 Xbox 360 update out this weekend, FIFA servers will go offline today

I've not been able to use the FUT web app at all. Whenever i log in on my pc i get a message told my account is locked and to reset my security question on my console. I do this and then as soon as i log in on the pc again it gives the same message and i go round and round in circles.

mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry