Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Natural Anti depressants?

as above, exercise.. running a few mile or beating the crap out of a punch bag.

as micky said perhaps a sloppy bj and watch her swallow it then wack the back of her head and see it come out her nose usually does the trick as well.

Thanks to Nikki

Mickey (4th November 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have suffered from depression in the past. TBH I found with me there was stages. Sometimes talking with very close friends,family not talking about "depression" but just talking,chilling having some company....sometimes with or without weed. Other times I really needed to be alone to work through my shit by myself ....accompanied by a small amount of weed. Other times I needed to be out of my face for days on end (on weed again) just to self medicate. Im pretty much over the dark days now (have not felt low for a few years). So there you go that's my real life experience (BTW I dont smoke weed any more due to giving up smoking but I still say smoking weed helped me through some very dark days in my life).
    I also see a lot of people say that exercise helps them. Well tbh I find exercise helps me when im stressed out which to be honest is a very different animal/feeling to depression. For sure when im stressed i go to the gym or punch f*** out of my puchbag in my garage....that helps a lot when stressed.
    Alcohol is never the answer to any of the above. I only like to get pissed when everything "upstairs" is working as it should.
    Sorry if i have come across as too serious people.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to deal you some pain....

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I have suffered from depression in the past. .sometimes with or without weed.
    work through my shit by myself ....accompanied by a small amount of weed. Other times I needed to be out of my face for days on end (on weed again)
    Im pretty much over the dark days now (have not felt low for a few years). BTW I dont smoke weed any more
    Mate, I smoked for 20 years.. And when I say smoked.... I smoked from the moment I woke up, till I went to bed. Never smoked tobacco without weed. Smoked at breakfast, in the car to work, used to go out at lunch and fag breaks from work and smoked.

At the time I thought I was totally normal on it. And im sure I could have handled any problems at work etc, as well as anyone else.

What I didn't realise was that the weed was actually effecting me in ways I couldn't realise whilst smoking it.

I only like to get pissed when everything "upstairs" is working as it should. Sorry if i have come across as too serious people.
    Id take this attitude to weed, if I were to ever smoke it again...

Fon

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

weed is a funny thing and effects everyone differently - I hardly ever smoke it any more but when I need to relax I do a nice heavy indica - to get me buzzing and in the right frame of mind if I need to I do a good sativa strain

I know some people say it makes them depressed or has an adverse effect - for me I use it as and when I feel I need or want to and it works just great . . . .

as people have already said going to the gym and or doing exercise is a great feeling

I have never been 'depressed' in my life but I like my little pick me ups if am getting stressed over work or cannot be arsed to do shit

Thanks
    Karma Level

sort of reluctant to post this kind of stuff (not sure why)...

Anyway.. suffered from clinical depression for about 7/8 years (borderline bipolar according to my doc) I think brought on by some shit that happened...

For me after trying LOTS of different meds Fluoxetine (Prozac) works best... have tried many others.
    It takes couple of weeks to work its magic and although it doesnt completely sort depression it helps me..
    TBH it numbs all ur emotions.. U (or at least I) lose empathy and other emotions whilst on it but at least ur not depressed...
    It sort of evens out all the highs and lows and u cope.

Even tho I no longer have a reason to be depressed it appears my brain has not realised so until it does I take these.
    Fukin hate takin pills and try without them every 6 months or so but untill now have had to go back 2 them to not piss off my family by being a stressed irrational cooont!!!

:-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

Smoking weed and mental health issues usually go hand in hand but not in a good way. But maybe you are the exception.

Brain chemistry is a fascinating thing, the ways that what you eat and external environmental things can effect some.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Sorry to deal you some pain....

Mate, I smoked for 20 years.. And when I say smoked.... I smoked from the moment I woke up, till I went to bed. Never smoked tobacco without weed. Smoked at breakfast, in the car to work, used to go out at lunch and fag breaks from work and smoked.

At the time I thought I was totally normal on it. And im sure I could have handled any problems at work etc, as well as anyone else.

What I didn't realise was that the weed was actually effecting me in ways I couldn't realise whilst smoking it.

Id take this attitude to weed, if I were to ever smoke it again...

Fon
    Hey mate no pain here. I am in a totally happy place in my life now. Havent smoked anything in 3 years. I do believe what I posted above but there ya go we all have opinions. I truly believe that weed assisted me through my darkest days/months. Thats my opinion though mate and im not going to start saying weed is a cure all because it really isnt. I see it mess up a lot of people and some people seem to loose their way when they "get into it". I think Katana is probably more accurate than both of us....ie its subjective to who you are...what you are and most probably what the underlying issues/problems are. Far too deep for a simple forum discussion though tbh. Mental health is a funny issue which is still very much under researched underfunded and misunderstood. Too many people saw/see it as an easy was to rip the piss out of their GP to get on the sick to the detriment of the genuine sufferers. A genuine depressed person cant just "sort it out" no matter what the media or MP's ect tell you.
    BTW Fon you sound like a mirror of me with regards to the fact that I did smoke for 20+ years and an ounce or more per week...but all the time holding down a full time job (Self employed spark). This was BEFORE some shit happened in my life that led me to be depressed for a couple of years. I was on prozac and effexor ect and tbh the fu**** me up more than anything else so I went back to type and self medicated. This is what worked for me and my situation mate. Im not advocating it for everyone/anyone else. I only stopped the weed a year or so after my depression subsided and that was on the back of my decision to give up smoking anything with nicotine in it.
    Anyway far too serious for a sat night. Im happy now and happy for you that you have given up weed and obviously feel good/better for it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i can honestly say in the 51 years of my life i have never suffered depression
    been pissed off sure but never depressed and i find it hard to understand what people go through with depression
    don't get me wrong i have seen the effects of depression and seen the effects on peoples lives who have suffered from it but it's something that doesn't register with me

i don't do drugs or drink alcohol for that matter i have no problem with what other people choose i just choose not to

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

some people dont go through life with any depression m8. it depends on both your upbringing, childhood and also chemical balances in your brain. theres also hereditary problems passing down through generations in the genes etc.

its quite hard because the least little thing can trigger it, sometimes nothing at all. i personally get withdrawn, dont want to deal with anyone else and i get in a mood. I have been suicidal at times but i always thought of taking out those people that have done something to me in my life before i did anything to myself. sad i know but when you get in that frame of mind its hard to get out of it.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not really been a sufferer of depression. Not until the last two years anyway. Last year I was pretty bad and prescribed some funky meds to sort it. After a few months of that, situations changed, and I stopped them and was fine. Then in the last few months I've been starting to feel miserable again. I pretty much know what the cause is, so no amount of counselling or talking about it will help. I am reluctant to get back on the happy pills again.

I have been told that St Johns Wart is of use in such situations, but knowing others that suffer or have suffered from varying levels of depression, some say it does nothing.

Exercise may well be the key, but motivating to do that is very hard for anyone not used to exercise. Talking to friends/family, not about problems, but just chewing the fat so to speak does help as well as mentioned above.

Drinking is a fucker. Few beers is fine, but if you get drunk then the next few days will be hell. It's a tough call if you are a social drinker (alki!) knowing you will suffer, but getting on it makes you feel better at the time.

I've not done any drugs properly for a long time, but in the odd occasion I've smoked something, or sniffed something, it's always had the same after effect as having too much to drink. Again at the time you might enjoy, but after its hell.

DJ OD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12