Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad News Virgin increase of £5.62 per month!

Just got a letter through this morning advising the I have such a great service with Virgin so they would like to charge me £5.62 extra per month for the privilage!

My contract is up and my first attempt at renegotiation was ok (they offered free install of additional TIVO box but not the £5 p/m) but i will try again in a few weeks. I know the offer of paying the phone line rental upfront is good but that straightaway ties me into another 12 months....

This is the 3rd rise this year
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin increase of £5.62 per month!

told me up in febuary 2013 it going up by £6.09p..swines...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

£2.50 for me. I find it frustrating that you sign an 18 month contract and they change the price mid contract.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Virgin increase of £5.62 per month!

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    £2.50 for me. I find it frustrating that you sign an 18 month contract and they change the price mid contract.
    Hopefully OFCOM will put a stop to these increases as mobile company's keep doing it too.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i just phoned them up and told them to stuff it. reduce my contract to basic services so i dont have to leave them. Thats all you have to do in the contract is stay with them, you can lower or raise your subs anytime you want just gave my a cheeper deal so the cost rise wouldnt affect me plus a little extra to keep me sweet.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I cut my package to just XXL broadband + XL Phone and I still get screwed + I got a price increase as well
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

VM internet is not what it was. When NTL owned the rights the internet was spot on. Customer service is terrible, the service in whole is shocking. Glad my contract is up in March ill be going to sky. Yes I know sky isnt too good either but id rather receive a poor service at a lesser cost than VM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tigro View Post
    VM internet is not what it was. When NTL owned the rights the internet was spot on. Customer service is terrible, the service in whole is shocking. Glad my contract is up in March ill be going to sky. Yes I know sky isnt too good either but id rather receive a poor service at a lesser cost than VM.

I think this must be a regional or situational issue.. I have think VM are fantastic.. I love the tivo's my Broadband is always 100% maxed out and no problems and I even found the customer service superb when I call.. and no.... I dont work for Virgin. I had pipex, BT and Sky before and all were differeing degrees of quality but none a patch on Virgin Media.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnerfreak View Post
    I think this must be a regional or situational issue.. I have think VM are fantastic.. I love the tivo's my Broadband is always 100% maxed out and no problems and I even found the customer service superb when I call.. and no.... I dont work for Virgin. I had pipex, BT and Sky before and all were differeing degrees of quality but none a patch on Virgin Media.
    I guess so. The latest in my episode is, I recently took a half day from work as an engineer was booked to come and check why I am always on a poor connection (60meg). After the engineer time slot had passed, I rang VM to ask what was going on as I had been ina ll day. I was then told they cancelled the engineer, due to it being a problem in my area. Thanks for nothing VM.

Its funny as my neighbour who is on 100meg has perfect speeds, no problems at all. VM still insist it is an area problem and wont entertain me. I have given up on them.

My internet goes off for a day each week, terrible speeds, superhub needs rebooting every day otherwise it wont let me connect to it. The list is endless.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Is there any decent FO providers out there other than Virgin?
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got this couple of weeks bag and I only signed up in July for a 18 month contract, so sent them an email which they ignored asking would effect me and if so I would like to cancel sent a second email asking for a response and then a third but cc the email of CEO (neil?) got a phone call with a day or so and allowed me to cancel with no penalty because of the increase goes off 12 Jan. I will then look for any offers and sign up in wife's name through quidco, so the increase will actually save me money - It probably will me off for a week or so and will end up with me having a new home phone number but never use it anyway.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by syscon View Post
    I got this couple of weeks bag and I only signed up in July for a 18 month contract, so sent them an email which they ignored asking would effect me and if so I would like to cancel sent a second email asking for a response and then a third but cc the email of CEO (neil?) got a phone call with a day or so and allowed me to cancel with no penalty because of the increase goes off 12 Jan. I will then look for any offers and sign up in wife's name through quidco, so the increase will actually save me money - It probably will me off for a week or so and will end up with me having a new home phone number but never use it anyway.
    You didn't need to CC the CEO to get that result. Everyone is entitled to end their contract due to the price increase. You should try speaking to their retentions department and negotiating a better deal rather than cancelling.