Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help virgin media package advice

because the prices are going up, my budget is getting lower,need some advice last bill £45 and this bill is £53
    break down of what i get
    talk unlimited,broadband size M 10 meg,when i started with virgin media on this package i was told that i got tv M free but i have never used the virgin media tv box as i just use the freeview on my main tv = 24 pound,line rental £13.90 paper bill £1.75,payment handling charge £5, calls below 50p=£2.18,calls above 50p=£4.87 totaling £7.05 +vat £1.41=£8.46
    So total for this month £53 for 10 meg which buffers most the time,super hub is crap so turned into a modem and using my own router now for better wireless connection,dont use the tv box,telephone is only used for emergencies when mobiles not working.this is a lot of money for a basic package.
    Is there better deals out there for this money or lower, if so who would you choose Thanks for your time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: virgin media package advice

Before you do anything you should phone VM and ask them how much they can do just BB + Phone for you, you'll also want to get rid of the paper bill and payment handling charge if you can.

Once you've got an offer from them it'll give you something to work from when looking at other providers.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You're paying a lot there. I pay £43 for 60meg bb, phone with talk international, V+ box & M+ tv. Bill this month was £63 with £20 in phone charges.
    Keep trying retentions (thinking of leaving us option on the phone menu) until you get someone willing to help you out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont what to pay through direct debit,as ive got friends who have had trouble with them adding telephone numbers which had not been used and other add on charges ,then taking it out there accounts,i pay down the shop, so only pay for which i see right on my bill thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

|Girlfriend just had a new install and all channels plus hd, talk unlimitied 100 meg broadband for 6 months(then down to 60meg), two boxes, one tivo and the other a v+, 64 quid for months and then up to 91 quid thereafter on a 24 month contract.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah Deffo phone retentions m8

They have wised up a bit to people doing this just to reduce bills. But make it clear your leaving due to the increased costs, they will try to lower your costs by lowering something on your package first.just tell them no thanks.

Within the 30 days cancellation period you should get a phone call from a cust service rep...asking what they can do to keep you.
    if not call them back with a bogus sly deal and ask for a price match

I told them i really wanted to stay with VM but sly TV were offering a better package for slightly cheaper,dont be too greedy though because they do know sly's prices.

I told them i was interested in their premier collection but the price was too high.

I managed to get this collection for a fixed price of £46 per month..which included the line rental

so i get
    TV XL and a free Tivo 500 box
    30mb BB which is to be double for free in the nationwide free upgrade program
    Talk weekend phone package including line rental

They did send me a letter about the new price increase but i phoned and reminded them i had made a fixed price contract

so well worth calling retentions

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by furrry View Post
    Yeah Deffo phone retentions m8

They have wised up a bit to people doing this just to reduce bills. But make it clear your leaving due to the increased costs, they will try to lower your costs by lowering something on your package first.just tell them no thanks.

Within the 30 days cancellation period you should get a phone call from a cust service rep...asking what they can do to keep you.
    if not call them back with a bogus sly deal and ask for a price match

I told them i really wanted to stay with VM but sly TV were offering a better package for slightly cheaper,dont be too greedy though because they do know sly's prices.

I told them i was interested in their premier collection but the price was too high.

I managed to get this collection for a fixed price of £46 per month..which included the line rental

so i get
    TV XL and a free Tivo 500 box
    30mb BB which is to be double for free in the nationwide free upgrade program
    Talk weekend phone package including line rental

They did send me a letter about the new price increase but i phoned and reminded them i had made a fixed price contract

so well worth calling retentions
    I have the same deal as you and only two months in.. is it a fact that that can't impose the £4.50 odd rise they just wrote to me about?
    Last edited by supraman54; 24th December 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just feck em up by saying your leaving. Everytime i phone them over one thing or another i get a discount on my phone. Do you really need a landline. No in my case as i get all the free unlimited minutes to other virgin on my mobile and 2500 minutes anyone else.

Free view is fine also theres the other new ones coming out like youview. so i would use this when talking to retentions.

I get 30 meg BB for i think about £12 a month
    Mobile Phone with unlimited everything +2500 mins to others £11.50

If you dont need sports or films tell them this. I had ar etention guy once say "well your kids will miss the kids TV" i told him to go fuck right off my wife ran off with her best friend from School and i dont need it. He got very apologetic LMAO.

You just need to get the right person on the other side. If you get a noob from ABUDABI ask to speak to Retentions in Sheffield.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the replies, i will phone them ,so its best to stay with these but at a cheaper price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry to go off a bit @supraman TBH i had to be firm with them about it. they said it was an increase for everyone,i said i had not been informed at the time i made the contract and i felt they were in breach or contract by adding these new charges. they backed down after consulting a manager. I think they charge is still going to be applied but whipped right off again as a loyalty discount

let us know how u get on.

if u get some arse who wont budge give up with that person but dont accept the out come...just ask for your dis satisfaction on how you are treated to be noted on your account.they keep txt logs on everything said between you and the CSR. after a few unhappy notes they will start to take notice

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm on a similar deal to you - last year i rang to ditch the Tv (only watch Freeview channels). They said to me "keep to box, you might want to use On Demand" ; so that made it a bit cheaper. You ought to pay yr bills on line and pay by Direct Debit - that will save you 6.75 !

I've got BB 20meg/Talk Unlimited/loyalty bonus for £24.50 then line rental £13.90 =£35.40 (not sure if that is with new price increase..) : and the Tv box sat in the corner 'just in case'

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am from China and plan to come back and edit my post with spam.... DOH!!!!