Unfortunately all the jumping action in Britain has been lost to the weather this weekend, but there is a decent card at Naas. [hope it passes inspection ]

1:35 Naas – Limestone Lad Hurdle

Solwhit was a class act over hurdles before his injury, winning 10 times from 18 starts and made a satisfactory return to action at Punchestown last month. It was notable how well he travelled behind Bog Warrior and he looked a serious threat for much of the race, but in the end his lack of a recent run cost him and he was a well beaten second.

He should build on that though and the conditions of this race are in his favour, as he receives weight from most of his opponents. The ground and distance hold no fears to him and as long as he does not suffer from `the bounce’ factor, he should win.

I have a lot of time for SO YOUNG though and with the Mullins stale going so well at present, I am going to take a chance on him turning over the likely favourite. He has a very good record on soft/heavy ground, winning 6 of his 8 starts and ran a good race last time out, finishing third at Leopardstown, just over a length behind Zaidpour. I can see him being up with the pace throughout in this and staying on strongly and he may just build up too much of a lead for Solwhit to catch, especially as Solwhit may just need another run to show his full ability.

2:45 Naas – Irish Stallion Farms E.B.F. Irish Racing Writers Novice Hurdle

UN ATOUT looked an above average recruit to hurdling when winning at Navan in December. He made all the running that day and stayed on strongly to win easily on heavy ground. He is also returning to the scene of his racecourse debut, where he won a bumper by 24 lengths. With the ground set to be heavy again and with his stable in top form, he looks hard to oppose and is expected to win easily.