Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info saturday 12th januarys selections

1:50 Warwick – Betfred Mobile Lotto Novices’ Chase

ROCKY CREEK is a horse that I have high hopes for and believe is a serious contender for the RSA Chase, so I can’t oppose him here. Last time he travelled like a good horse and stayed on strongly to defeat Molotof, who went on to run well in the Grade One Feltham Chase behind Dynaste. First time over fences, he was just in need of the run and that cost him victory against Harry Topper who franked the form with a Grade Two win next time out. His strong staying qualities will be a useful asset in this race as on soft ground, the three miles may take some getting, but he will just jump and gallop and will stay all the way to the line. It is worth remembering that in points he easily beat Rolling Aces, who is now rated 145 over fences, so a mark of 142 looks lenient, but saying that, he is still the highest rated horse in the race and he receives three pounds from two of his opponents. All in all, he deserves to be a strong favourite for this and I fully expect him to win.

3:15 Kempton – William Hill – Download The App Handicap Chase

Alan King has already had a couple of winners this week and in STONEY’S TREASURE he is fancied to get another. Never out of the first four in six completed starts over fences, he is expected to improve a lot for his recent run behind Restless Harry. He faced a tough task that day trying to concede seven pounds to a talented opponent (now rated 140), but he runs off a mark of just 128 in this. He looked a progressive novice at the end of last season and I know connections fancy his chances in this, so it easy to see him running well over a trip that suits.

3:35 Warwick – Betfred Classic Chase

RESTLESS HARRY is a horse that I have followed for a few years now and I always believed that this ex-pointer, would develop into a decent chaser. Over hurdles, he achieved a rating of 157, so a mark of 140 for his handicap debut over fences looks fair. Last season he finished just one length behind Teaforthree (now rated 151) on his chase debut and then ran another good race behind him at Chepstow on his only other start over fences, before returning to hurdles. His attention has now been moved to fences and after a fair seasonal debut, he made all at Newbury to easily win a graduation chase. He is proven on soft ground, his stable is in fair form and he has promised to be suited by a marathon trip, so I am expecting him to run very well. Flying Award is an interesting runner and worthy of each-way support. He is an experienced pointer and has now won three of his five starts over fences (under rules). He impressed last time out on heavy ground and prior to that stayed on well to win over three miles six furlongs at Bangor, so he has no stamina doubts and in what could be a stamina sapping race, he has just ten stone three to carry and that could be crucial. He is a proven stayer who will handle the ground, is on a hat-trick of wins, so has to be taken seriously and if he was trained by one of the top yards, he would be much shorter in the betting, so looks a good each-way selection.

3:50 Kempton – William Hill – Download The App Handicap Hurdle

FORGOTTEN VOICE was a class act on the flat, rated 113 at his peak and was not disgraced when trying to give weight to Rip Van Winkle in the Sussex Stakes. He has also looked good over hurdles, winning both starts very easily. The handicapper has not been faced with an easy task in rating him for his handicap debut and it is possible that a rating of 140 could be lenient. Both runs have been on decent ground and although conditions will be a little softer today (good to soft), they should be fine and I get a feeling that the trip and track will suit. The useful Jeremiah McGrath takes five pounds off his back and I can see him being hard to beat on a track that his trainer (Nicky Henderson) does very well at.

3 Thanks given to ganjaman2

Bald Bouncer (11th January 2013),  littlebilly1 (11th January 2013),  neilb (11th January 2013)