Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Sanity For Android Blocks Unwanted Calls, SMS, Records Phone Calls And More

The three major mobile operating systems are all very advanced, but they are certainly far from perfect, and still lack some quite standard features many users would like to see. The ability to block calls and text at will, for instance, is something we shouldn’t have to request or pine for – it should just be there – however, developer Cristiano Tagliamonte has come through with a noteworthy solution in the form of an app called Sanity.

Not only does it harbor the ability to block calls and SMS, but actually functions as a full-on, one-stop app for all of your communication managing needs. It’s like a personal assistant – not in the current, voice-recognizing sense perhaps – but it certainly leaves nothing to chance in its quest to offer as many features and functions as it can.

For example, you can record your phone calls with the touch of a button, and this can either be done manually, or automatically. Sanity will speak the caller’s name when it receives a call or a message, which is particularly useful if you keep your device within your proximity, but aren’t always facing it directly.

In terms of its blocking credentials, it can be set to automatically deny incoming calls or SMS through its novel phone number filter, and its ability to also exclude anonymous / private callers is also a sure-fire winner. You can set it to block by date and time, and, should you really want to mess with the mind of a particular caller, you can also set it to choose between different block methods

Sanity can be set to automatically answer to specific numbers, while the speakerphone can automatically be activated if your device is a certain distance away from your ear.

Best of all, it’s free of charge, and although you can also donate to the developer by opting for the ‘donate’ version for five bucks, the costless version doesn’t have its features unduly crippled in order to coerce payment. If you like your privacy, and want enhanced functionality, it’s well worth a punt via the link below.

(Source: Sanity for Android on Play Store)

Source
    Last edited by evilsatan; 15th January 2013 at 05:30 PM.

3 Thanks given to evilsatan

New Art Riot (16th January 2013),  Rhinoz (15th January 2013),  _Belial (18th January 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sanity For Android Blocks Unwanted Calls, SMS, Records Phone Calls And More

Sadly, this is bobbins. Worked once blocking calls and now doesn't. All calls in the filter can get through.
    I'm using Call Blocker from NQ now to filter out marketing calls but it sends them to voice mail while Sanity had a better option which was to cut them off. Shame it doesn't work. Anyone suggest an alternative?

Thanks to Zoots

_Belial (18th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sanity For Android Blocks Unwanted Calls, SMS, Records Phone Calls And More

I'd be interested in a really decent call blocking with ability to set white/black lists based on times of day/days of week too.

ta

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gblocker has been fine for me. I'm not sure if you can set times though.

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Can you get a app to do texts as well?
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah.
    Call Blocker and Sanity will both do that - though I'm not recommending Sanity for obvious reasons.
    In my experience SMS blockers don't really 'block' - they just prevent the text from being shown on your device.
    Much better if you could have a text sent back from a delivery centre saying 'failed'.

Thanks to Zoots

Rick Sanchez (18th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use 'blocker', has worked seamlessly since day 1.

Blocks a blacklist of calls or sms no problem.

Also use 'hullomail', for visual voice mail. The two together are great

Thanks to greaseweasel

Zoots (18th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Blacklist pro works fine for me does calls and texts and can be scheduled

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2 Thanks given to Fear345

Zoots (18th January 2013),  _Belial (19th January 2013)