Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help VPS/Dedicated server 1-10gbps Ddos SSYN flood Protection.

Hey,

I am having some trouble at the moment trying to find a decent cheap host that can keep my forum community online.
    Unfortunately you get the odd troll / hater that finds it amusing to ddos the site.
    I currently have a VPS with ovh.co.uk at the moment and their service is extremely poor.
    My website has been dossed offline for a long time now.. This past week has been too much and they have not even bothered to deal with the issue.

current node speed is 100mbps which I believe would be pretty easy to take down..
    They are using botnet tools like penalty stresser which they upload to a server and sell logins to people for $10
    So they can then boot any website they want. Unfortunately we are a victim of this. They are using a SSYN flood attack which produces me with dst cache overflow error.
    I can't even log into my KVM to figure out the magnitude to know what I need to actually upgrade to.. I tried contacting support to find out.
    They also will not tell me, they don't have access to that information, will pass to engineers.. What kind of support is that lol.

I actually have the guys email address both of them who sells the logins to the penalty stresses and used to have the links to some of the sites he used to boot websites from, but they have since been moved.
    He selling these logins to kids, why use it to take down websites and also boot people off their broadband connections... Its pathetic and there is literally nothing that can be done about it

I only have a small forum I am looking for something decent for around £30-40 a month.
    Reason I need a VPS is because we use the IP address for our playstations and you need a VPS or a dedicated server for this.
    As you need full DNS control in bind or what ever software you wanna use to resolve domain names to your IP of choosing.

I don't believe this is possible with Shared hosting.. Plus they limit all your resources and we love power to power our talkbox which is great on resources but shared hosts complain so we don't wanna bother with them.

Any help with this would be amazing.. I am stuck for answers.. Google throws me a million different hosts with loads of different prices.. I dunno where to go now..

Thanks for reading!

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: VPS/Dedicated server 1-10gbps Ddos SSYN flood Protection.

What type of site is it? I maybe able to host your site depending on the content.
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey and thanks for the reply.
    Its based on the Playstation 3 funny enough.. Its a fan based website based on glitches and exploits on playstation home.
    Also its a massive board of information and updates to the platform as well.
    We don't deal in jail broken posts or anything like that.. We just specialize in playstation home only.
    Although some people do use a jail broken console to get what they want to achieve.

Also, just an update.. I found this booter I even found the leaked source.. I seen the person bragging about it, to one of my members.
    I got in touch with this person and got all the information I needed from him...
    This is what they are using.... I even have the source you can find it online.. If I am not supposed to post that link here please remove it or advise me to..
    I am not sure if I am allowed to show you that..
    Also I wanna remove that link anyway, as the more people who have access the worse the internet will be

But I post for information and hopefully someone can put a stop to these idiots..

From what I heard its capable of sending 400,000PPS

Edit: Also in the source contains a skype resolver that you can get anyone's IP address from..
    All you need is their Skype name and it will get their IP
    So if they restart and sign back on skype they will be booted from their internet again.
    Fortunately I don't have these kinds of people added to my skype account, but just a thought for anyone who does have skype and becomes a victim.
    Last edited by aljo1985; 4th February 2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Removed links......

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Is your website still being hacked/attacked?
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022