Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The world is going to sh*t, where will it end?

I kick my kids out at 8am and if they're back before 10pm I set the fucking dogs on them. Kids need to make their own mistakes, that's the only way they'll grow up to be independent. I don't want to be the father of two work-shy mummy's boys who still expect to be living at home when they're 18. My youngest, he's 4, slashed his arm on a broken cider bottle in squat up the road last week. He was fine after some stitches and an ice lolly (which he bought himself after clearing out the guttering for 50p), but you can bet he won't do it again the little fucker. Lesson learned.

3 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

4me2 (6th April 2013),  Geko (23rd March 2013),  ilscuro (23rd March 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Western civilization peaked about 40 years ago, what we're now seeing is its decline.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Let's just get fucking naked
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

2 Thanks given to beansontoast

ilscuro (23rd March 2013),  macmilm (23rd March 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

it'll end when sutcliffe roams free with brady and west grooming every teen within their grasp and travel back in time to convert every man between the ages of 20 -60 in the 70s and 80's into their evil yewtree ways.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

where do the swiss stand within the 'western' decline?
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DelTrotter View Post
    where do the swiss stand within the 'western' decline?
    the Swiss are stuck in an 80s time warp (e.g fur coats, hairy muffs and mullets are still big here) .. So ask me in 30 years time
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I get you, looking crap but feeling comfortable and secure in the mountains. Law of war is to find higher ground at all times when not attacking.

The Americans or western civilisation is not in decline at all, its on the attack as its always been. it does not use its reserves of energy until its enemys energy is captured or bartered with.
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Things have taken a truly worrying twist in the last few hours.
    N. Korea approves nuclear strike on United States
    By Jung Ha-Won (AFP) – 31 minutes ago

SEOUL — North Korea dramatically escalated its warlike rhetoric on Thursday, warning that it had authorised plans for nuclear strikes on targets in the United States.
    "The moment of explosion is approaching fast," the North Korean military said, warning that war could break out "today or tomorrow".
    Pyongyang's latest pronouncement came as Washington scrambled to reinforce its Pacific missile defences, preparing to send ground-based interceptors to Guam and dispatching two Aegis class destroyers to the region.
    Tension was also high on the North's heavily-fortified border with South Korea, after Kim Jong-Un's isolated regime barred South Koreans from entering a Seoul-funded joint industrial park on its side of the frontier.
    In a statement published by the state KCNA news agency, the Korean People's Army general staff warned Washington that US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".
    "The merciless operation of our revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said.
    Last month, North Korea threatened a "pre-emptive" nuclear strike against the United States, and last week its supreme army command ordered strategic rocket units to combat status.
    But, while Pyongyang has successfully carried out test nuclear detonations, most experts think it is not yet capable of mounting a device on a ballistic missile capable of striking US bases or territory.
    Mounting tension in the region could however trigger incidents on the tense and heavily-militarised border between North and South Korea.
    There was no immediate American reaction to the North's latest statement, but US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Pyongyang represented a "real and clear danger" to the United States and to its allies South Korea and Japan.
    "They have nuclear capacity now, they have missile delivery capacity now," Hagel said after a strategy speech at the National Defense University. "We take those threats seriously, we have to take those threats seriously."
    "We are doing everything we can, working with the Chinese and others, to defuse that situation on the peninsula. I hope the North will ratchet its very dangerous rhetoric down," he said.
    The Pentagon said it would send ground-based THAAD interceptor batteries to protect US bases on the island of Guam, complementing two Aegis anti-missile destroyers already dispatched to the region.
    The THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defence) is a truck-mounted system that can pinpoint an enemy missile launch, track the projectile and launch an interceptor to bring it down.
    Guam is a US island territory 3,380 kilometres (2,100 miles) southeast of North Korea in the Pacific and is home to 6,000 American military personnel, as well as bases for submarines and strategic bombers.
    The new defensive measures came as Pyongyang stopped South Korean staff members from entering the Kaesong complex, a shared industrial zone funded by Seoul but 10 kilometres inside the North.
    Pyongyang said the 861 South Koreans already in the zone could leave, but the move cut the last practical cooperation between the rival powers and was seen as a dramatic escalation in the crisis.
    South Korea's defence ministry said it had contingency plans that included "military action" if the safety of its citizens in Kaesong was threatened.
    China, the North's sole major ally, appealed for "calm" from all sides and Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Igor Morgulov said he was worried that the situation could spiral out of control.
    Describing the Kaesong ban as "very regrettable", South Korea's Unification Ministry urged the North to normalise access immediately.
    "Otherwise," the ministry warned, "not only will inter-Korean relations be negatively affected but North Korea will invoke greater criticism and isolation from the international community."
    It said 33 South Koreans had returned from Kaesong, with hundreds staying on to keep their companies running smoothly.
    Around 53,000 North Koreans work at 120 South Korean plants at the complex, which was still operating normally Wednesday.
    Tensions have soared on the Korean peninsula since December, when the North test launched a long-range rocket. In February, it upped the ante once again by conducting its third nuclear test.
    Washington has deployed nuclear-capable US B-52s, B-2 stealth bombers and two US destroyers to South Korean air and sea space.
    This week, the North warned it would reopen its mothballed Yongbyon reactor -- its source of weapons-grade plutonium. The North shut down Yongbyon in July 2007 under a six-nation aid-for-disarmament accord.
    Experts say it would take at least six months to get the reactor back up and running, after which it will be able to produce one bomb's worth of weapons-grade plutonium per year.
    Eventually, Kim Wrong-Un is going to reach the point of no return...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad i've been prepping for a few weeks now

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Glad i've been prepping for a few weeks now
    How far are you from the Air Raid Museum? It may come in handy...

Thanks
    Karma Level

If they start throwing nukes all about, I hope one lands on my house and it's over with. The human race as a species on this beautiful planet is a fail imo, the sooner it's brushed aside like the annoyance it is, the better.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WotTheFook View Post
    Fuck that i'm building a bunker!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Fuck that i'm building a bunker!
    Underground?

Thanks
    Karma Level

One near me in Colindale. Won't be going there tho when the apolocolypse hits... Will be full of military nutters and preppers!

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Either he's got a death wish or it's all sabre rattling to get more aid for being a good boy and extending the disarmament

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing is, NK abandoned the disarmament treaty and the ceasefire, so whatever they promise won't last very long before they start playing up again. They aren't seen to be trustworthy and the US are quite rightly playing this up. How do you get NK to do anything verifiable if they are so secretive and won't let anyone into the country to check?

Thanks
    Karma Level

How do you get NK to do anything verifiable if they are so secretive and won't let anyone into the country to check?
    Am I the only one who thinks these checks are a bit of a farce? Kind of like if your local gangster was armed to the hilt with sub machine guns, assault rifles, etc. yet insisted on searching the pockets of any little boy in the area to make sure they aren't carrying catapults?

Thanks to Over Carl

4me2 (6th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kim Wrong Un's favourite song of the moment (fans of the Tube who remember Mark Miwordz might just recall this):-

The melody is from the Wizard of Oz.

"Oh I wouldn't have to swelter, in my nuclear fallout shelter, with my sister, Dad and Mom,
    I could join in the arms race, I could wipe the smile from your face, if I only had a bomb."

Somewhat ironic, for Kim, who could sing the part "If I only had a brain."

Thanks
    Karma Level

he aint got nothing nuclear that can harm us. I watched a doc on bbc news that said so, so there!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by si-amigo View Post
    he aint got nothing nuclear that can harm us. I watched a doc on bbc news that said so, so there!
    I'm taking a guess here, but I imagine Poker or Chess aren't your strong points mate
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks to burner1

WotTheFook (5th April 2013)  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast