Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The world is going to sh*t, where will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by si-amigo View Post
    he aint got nothing nuclear that can harm us. I watched a doc on bbc news that said so, so there!
    Maybe his nukes can't reach us, but as soon as he invades the south, we're at war!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was only saying yesterday, I would love North Korea to launch a missile at the US.

The americans would fuck them right up for it. Despite the missile probably not getting anywhere near the US, the UK or maybe even off the ground. Their last efforts have not exactly been a success.

It's like threatening to shoot someone with a muzzleloader from 100 feet.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon it has 'Acme' written on the side of his nukes and when he fires em, Wile e Coyote is sitting on top !!!!

Thanks to macmilm

big-paul (5th April 2013)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    I was only saying yesterday, I would love North Korea to launch a missile at the US.

The americans would fuck them right up for it. Despite the missile probably not getting anywhere near the US, the UK or maybe even off the ground. Their last efforts have not exactly been a success.

It's like threatening to shoot someone with a muzzleloader from 100 feet.

DJ OD
    I would love North Korea to fire one as well but I don't think they got the balls

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks to ss30

DJ OD (5th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've no doubt the US would hammer them, but he's a young lad who wants to show his authority, he's probably stupid enough to do it

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's just been watching Game of Thrones, that's all... Thinks he is Joffrey (the little cnut).
    We all make mistakes sometimes

3 Thanks given to Goldberg

4me2 (6th April 2013),  CallmeGoose (5th April 2013),  Mobileman (5th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just remembered something. One for the tin foil hat brigade (I really must invest in tin foil). Dennis Rodman went over to North Korea recently to see Kim Jong Un, as reported in the press. Now, do you really believe all of this 'Harlem Globetrotters' story, or do you believe the truth that was laid bare, right before your eyes and ears, at the end of the first Men In Black film? At the end of MIB 1, Will Smith says to his new sidekick "Give Dennis Rodman a call, he's from their planet." "He is?" says the woman. "it sure explains an awful lot."
    There you have it; he went over there on an MIB covert operation. Now, where's my National Enquirer?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Yanks are taking a stance on this with the intent of provoking a response from NK. It's a bit like getting stopped by a copper who doesn't like the look of you etc. but can't do too much because you haven't breached the 'rules', so said copper tries to antagonise you into a response that's deemed unlawful... you bite to their provocation, you're nicked.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

In the past, NK would kick off until it was appeased with food aid in return for disabling their nuclear plant at Yongbyon or some sort of military concession. What usually happens is that NK plays the game until they get the aid, then they break their part of the deal. What's happened since the middle of 2012 is that the US aren't falling for that game any more and the aid stopped. Kim is trying to play up more and more until someone blinks. The US have tried backing off a little to see if he calms down, without offering anything to them. If Kim doesn't take the hint and tries to make out that the US is weak and has given in, but no aid is forthcoming, then Kim's in a corner. He's made so many threats without follow-up and he's now getting paranoid about assassination by people that are tired of him and his antics, as he's surrounded his home with armoured vehicles; if his people love the Supreme Leader so much, why would he need to do this? Maybe things aren't quite as rosy at home as the DPRK's TV propaganda makes out. After all, armies march on their stomachs and these endless drills he's got them doing must be taking a toll on their supplies. It may be that the rations are starting to run low and that some of the military are planning a coup, or it could equally be that Kim is as paranoid as Stalin was in WW2.

2 Thanks given to WotTheFook

GTI (6th April 2013),  macmilm (6th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been doing some thinking and I might have an answer to this whole North Korea issue. I think that the Chinese should invite Kim Wrong Un over for a chat on Chinese soil and to be seen to be hospitable and friendly, they could even offer to send a plane to collect him. The only flaw I can see in this plan is if the plane suddenly developed a fault on the return flight to China and the flight crew had to leave the plane in a hurry over the South China Sea... that, and the fact that most military planes aren't fitted with flight recorders...
    Last edited by WotTheFook; 6th April 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So your idea to avoid a third world war is to get them to attack china instead? That's gonna work!

Thanks to si-amigo

ilscuro (6th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

5 Thanks given to hoponbaby

4me2 (6th April 2013),  big-paul (6th April 2013),  macmilm (6th April 2013),  Nightstalker (9th April 2013),  si-amigo (7th April 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WotTheFook View Post
    I've just remembered something. One for the tin foil hat brigade (I really must invest in tin foil). Dennis Rodman went over to North Korea recently to see Kim Jong Un, as reported in the press. Now, do you really believe all of this 'Harlem Globetrotters' story, or do you believe the truth that was laid bare, right before your eyes and ears, at the end of the first Men In Black film? At the end of MIB 1, Will Smith says to his new sidekick "Give Dennis Rodman a call, he's from their planet." "He is?" says the woman. "it sure explains an awful lot."
    There you have it; he went over there on an MIB covert operation. Now, where's my National Enquirer?
    Quote Originally Posted by WotTheFook View Post
    I've been doing some thinking and I might have an answer to this whole North Korea issue. I think that the Chinese should invite Kim Wrong Un over for a chat on Chinese soil and to be seen to be hospitable and friendly, they could even offer to send a plane to collect him. The only flaw I can see in this plan is if the plane suddenly developed a fault on the return flight to China and the flight crew had to leave the plane in a hurry over the South China Sea... that, and the fact that most military planes aren't fitted with flight recorders...
    Are you Karl Pilkington?

Thanks to Mr 250

macmilm (6th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the Japanese have more to fear than the US.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    I think the Japanese have more to fear than the US.
    Agreed but I think the poor trodden on citizens of NK have more to fear than anyone else !!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

No, they were attempts at adding a little humour to a situation that seems to have most people being very serious. The comments coming from North Korea are comical enough on their own.

2 Thanks given to WotTheFook

macmilm (7th April 2013),  Over Carl (7th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, just when you thought North Korea had run out of threats and things to stamp their feet about, they've now effectively closed the Kaesong Industrial Complex by recalling North Korean employees. It's not enough that the aid had stopped, one of the few means than NK had available to raise hard currency has now closed. All of these apparently endless drills by the military must be taking a toll on their food supplies and I pity the civilians in NK, as they will most likely get nothing at this time.

The USA is the 'enemy' because the 1.5 billion tons of food aid stopped and NK have only themselves to blame, for reneging on every deal that they have struck in the past to get the aid.

What we might be seeing here are the death throes of the Kim dynasty at the helm of North Korea. They are showing no signs of climbing down from their position and it's now really hard to see how the Supreme Leader can get out of this and save face at the same time, despite the USA trying to offer them a way out.

Thanks to WotTheFook

macmilm (8th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't help but think that this is an indirect attempt to wind the North Koreans up some more. It's an inspired choice of name for the ship, though...

US Navy laser cannon shoots down drone in latest test

The US Navy says it is preparing to roll out a sea-based laser weapon capable of disabling small enemy vessels and shooting down surveillance drones in what is being hailed as a potential "game-changer".
    The laser system will be deployed in 2014, two years ahead of schedule, aboard the USS Ponce, an amphibious transport ship retrofitted as a waterborne staging base, the Navy said Monday.
    Chief of Naval Research Admiral Matthew Klunder said the cost of one blast of "directed energy" could be less than $1.
    "Compare that to the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to fire a missile, and you can begin to see the merits of this capability," he said in a US Navy statement.
    The Office of Naval Research (ONR) and Naval Sea Systems Command successfully tested high-energy lasers against a moving target ship and a remotely piloted drone.
    "The future is here," ONR official Peter Morrision said.
    The solid-state laser is a big step forward to revolutionizing modern warfare with directed energy, just as gunpowder did in the era of knives and swords."
    The laser runs on electricity, so the weapon "can be fired as long as there is power," and is a lot safer than carrying explosives aboard ships.
    The New York Times, which said the USS Ponce would deploy to the Gulf, noted the Pentagon had a "long history of grossly inflating" claims for experimental weapons.
    Navy officials had acknowledged that the prototype laser was not yet strong enough to bring down a jet fighter or a missile, although those remained the long-term targets, the newspaper reported.
    A March 14 report from the non-partisan Congressional Research Center said the new weapon was a potential game-changer in naval warfare.
    "Compared to existing ship self-defense systems, such as missiles and guns, lasers could provide Navy surface ships with a more cost effective means of countering certain surface, air, and ballistic missile targets," the report read.
    Equipping Navy ships with lasers "could lead to changes in naval tactics, ship design and procurement plans for ship-based weapons, bringing about a technological shift for the Navy - a 'game changer' - comparable to the advent of shipboard missiles in the 1950s," it added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...test-test.html

Thanks to WotTheFook

macmilm (9th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Combine that with this:

http://www.dvice.com/2013-2-22/lockh...wer-four-years

And that's one bad ass super powered laser

Thanks
    Karma Level

On a lighter note, take your pick from these Korean soldiers, complete with their stack heels. The one in the lead is OK, but I don't fancy yours much...
    Last edited by WotTheFook; 12th April 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks to WotTheFook

CallmeGoose (12th April 2013)  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast