Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sad Mean Streets. The abandoned animals of Camden New jersey. USA

This has shocked me. Its almost impossible to believe that civilized Americans can be this heartless. Especially upsetting for me is the image of a dead mother dog lying in a pool of her own blood with her four young pups still trying to feed from her. Some human beings need a damn good kicking for the way they treat animals. (">

No longer wanted, abandoned to fend for themselves, “thrown away.” Over the last ten years in the City of Camden the practice of throwing away dogs or cats was the reality for 150,000 of them. That’s 41 each day and still counting. At least these are the official numbers, and the highest in the state, taken from the New Jersey Department of Health’s Animal Intake and Disposition Report. The real numbers are even gloomier.

It’s a practice so common that it’s accepted and sometimes even expected. Hardly anyone raises an eyebrow or calls the authorities, possibly for fear of retribution, and no one is surprised when yet another puppy or kitten is taken into the household. The newcomer may fare no better because there will be another day of moving, no money for vet care, grown too large for one’s liking, or too much of this and not enough of that.

The abandoned one often stays near her former home. She usually doesn’t travel more than a few blocks in either direction in search of food scraps. Often she will continue to sleep on the porch or sit of the front stoop. Now ailing and weak, the abandoned will still wag her tail to greet her former caretakers who literally have to step over her to get to the door. But, the door will shut, she’s not allowed in, no one in the house cares anymore. So she takes her daily chances on the mean streets to become a statistic.

Do not click the link if you are easily upset by pictures of neglected dying/dead animals. (">
    http://www.compassionforanimals.net/mean-streets/

Thanks to BigBird

CallmeGoose (15th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mean Streets. The abandoned animals of Camden New jersey. USA

how sad that people can do this to an animal

Thanks to ming

BigBird (20th April 2013)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This sort of shit makes me sick, am just reinforces my beliefs that humans don't deserve to inhabit this planet. If this is how we treat other forms of life, what right do we have to think about reaching about beyond the stars.

Violence against humans is something that sickens me, but on so many levels violence against animals boils my blood beyond belief - whenever I see a case where the animal has got the upper hand and retaliated, I can't help but smile on the inside hat poachers etc get what they deserve.

More harsher laws need to be brought into deal with this, and when i mean harsh I mean harsh. Life is life, whatever form it may take, these creatures have feelings too, just can't voice their opinion loudly enough for us to take notice. Longer jail terms, mandatory service in a animal rescue centre, higher fines which go towards upkeep of animal rescue centres, re-education courses and so forth.

Fucking humans, ironically, are animals .......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks to CallmeGoose

BigBird (20th April 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    This sort of shit makes me sick, am just reinforces my beliefs that humans don't deserve to inhabit this planet. If this is how we treat other forms of life, what right do we have to think about reaching about beyond the stars.

Violence against humans is something that sickens me, but on so many levels violence against animals boils my blood beyond belief - whenever I see a case where the animal has got the upper hand and retaliated, I can't help but smile on the inside hat poachers etc get what they deserve.

More harsher laws need to be brought into deal with this, and when i mean harsh I mean harsh. Life is life, whatever form it may take, these creatures have feelings too, just can't voice their opinion loudly enough for us to take notice. Longer jail terms, mandatory service in a animal rescue centre, higher fines which go towards upkeep of animal rescue centres, re-education courses and so forth.

Fucking humans, ironically, are animals .......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You have echoed my thoughts exactly.

Whenever I talk to people about cruelty to animals I point to an imaginary button in front of me and tell them to imagine that pressing it would wipe out all human life and allow the planet to evolve as nature intended without the destruction and suffering that humans cause. Then I press the button. (">

Thanks to BigBird

CallmeGoose (20th April 2013)