Close

Thread: Eye Ulcer

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Eye Ulcer

Anyone else here had an eye ulcer before? Feck me it hurts, like having a bag of grit in your eye.

just hoping it dosnt get infected as apparently they can get nasty leading to loss of sight :S
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Eye Ulcer

Moved to the clinic section

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have mate, had 3 of them on my iris at the same time when I was younger. Went to the eye clinic and was given eye drops to use, my optician says that even today (some 10 years or so since I had them) there are still 3 little scars on my iris that will be there for life. Had they been on my pupil I could have lost around 95% of my vision from that eye.

I know it hurts like a bitch mate, but go to the docs and get them to refer you to the eye clinic. Think it takes a few weeks for them to go with the eye drops they give you, but it does certainly work, and luckily they did not effect my vision.

Thanks to Mario87

consoles (5th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

i had one a few years ago from wearing my monthly contact lenses for too long ! i went to the doctors and was sent straight to the eye hospital ...they told me that it was eating into my eye and i was about 2 days from losing the sight in my eye ! i had to put drops in my eye on the hour every hour for 24 hours without fail ,,,after that i had to use a creme for a few weeks ....My eyesight was blurred for about 3 months but eventually came back ....i now use daily lenses and have never had another problem ....

Thanks to beaconboy

consoles (5th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Beaconboy, funnily enough mine was also caused by contacts as well. Only wear glasses now myself. I did switch to daily disposable after, but decided my eye sight wasn't worth the risk.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yer, mines due to contacts, 6am - 10-11pm for nine years so i suppose it was only a matter of time.
    Today the grittyness has eased, still know its there with the odd tingle, but using drops every hour, optician this morning said its looking better to continue the drops for 5 days and no contacts for 3 weeks.

like said above if it had been on my pupil optician said id have lost some vision as they leave a perm scar. deffo thinking about daily's now or at least take them out when i get home from work instead of wearing them 12+ hours.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had something similar when I wore contacts. Probably not as careful in cleaning them etc as I should have been tbh. So glad I opted for lasik in the end. Hope it gets better mate.
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks to big-paul

consoles (6th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You could try a product called "Golden Eyes" Not sure if it will work in this case but it's helped when I've had eye problems in the past.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

are you sure its from contacts? and not from a hot monocle http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pinkeye

Social Networking Bookmarks