Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ghosts ? Do you believe in them ?

So what do you think ? i am having some very strange things happen in my house in the last few months and have started a blog to record whatever happens in the future ? here's the contents of my 1st blog post .... it is a bit long but there's a few things happened

Hi .....
    I have started this blog to make a record of strange things that seem to be happening in my house .

We have lived here for around 11 years and from the 1st weeks after moving in my wife Mel and myself have had our thoughts that everything is not quite right here although we never seemed to talk openly about it as not to alarm my son Jack who was 6 at the time .

I will start from the beginning when we bought the house .The previous owner were an old couple .she had died (in the house ) some years before we moved in , and after the old man died (in the house ),we bought it from the relatives .The house needed complete renovation ,we fitted a new kitchen and bathroom and the electrician who was working there had what he called "weird thing " happen in that a hammer he was using upstairs went missing ..... and he found it sitting on the floor in the middle of the kitchen downstairs ? ..he was alone in the house at the time so it was impossible for anyone else to have moved it ?
    This was the 1st of a few things that happened around this time like when my wife and her sister were in one evening and they both swear they watched a vase move across a table in the front room ,also my wife had put a wine bottle in the fridge and when she returned to the kitchen it was sitting in the middle of the floor as with the hammer previously ? We would often be sitting downstairs and hear footsteps walking across the floor above .... It was a little strange but it never really bothered us too much and seemed to slow down to the odd night a month in the following years .
    In this time our daughter was born and and things seemed fine ......That is up until the start of this year !
    My daughter Grace who is now 7 woke up screaming like a banshee i rushed into her room and she was wide eyed pointing to the end of her bed shouting tell her to go away ! A few nights later i was asleep and was woken by the sound of heavy footsteps in the hallway outside the bedroom door ,as i awoke i saw a shadow pass the door from the direction of Jacks room ,thinking he had gone to the toilet i waited for him to return past the door to go back to bed ..... he didn't .... so i got up and checked the toilet and also went downstairs looking for him ? no sign ,I checked his bedroom and he is in bed fast asleep ! Then 2 weeks ago Grace came to our room at around 2.am asking if she could sleep with us as someone was talking in her room ......Mel said its probably Jack on his x-box , but she said no they were whispering in her ear !
    So it continues last Friday i finished work and was walking down the path to the front door and i saw a figure go past the door and up the stairs as we have a large oval in our door it was pretty hard to miss .... again thinking it was Jack i shouted up to him as to what he was doing ? no answer but i heard his bedroom door close ,( his room is in the loft so has a fire door that makes a very distinctive sound when closed ) . i go upstairs to his room and find no one there ! i checked the other rooms and the house is empty.
    Now we get up to yesterday ? Grace Mel and myself were sitting in the front room and Grace pointed to the ceiling and said whats that ? we got up to look and our light is one of the type that is a long bar with spotlights coming off it .... and wedged between the bar and the ceiling was some monopoly money that Mel and Grace had been playing with earlier in the day ! Only i could reach it and Jack had not been home all day ! and i didn't put it there !
    I have to say i am not a great believer in ghosts and ghouls but i can't explain a lot of this away ? The only thing that seems to to be a constant is that we have again been having a lot of work done in the house ? in the past few months we have had new windows ,a front door ,a full new central heating system and are now in the process of having a new kitchen ?

We spoke to the old fellow next door who knew the previous tenants and he said the guy was so tight that he would never have any work done in the house and even sent a kitchen back that his wife had ordered ! Hence i suppose is why the house was in such a state when we bought it .....Maybe the old bugger is unhappy with us for doing the work there ? i don't know .....but somethings not right !

Thanks to beaconboy

DannyLad (8th May 2013)