Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default iphone 4 no service

Had an iphone 4 for about 3 year now woke up this morning to find no service tried turning it off and on etc but still cant get a signal. Is it fooked or what? had no service all day now btw on three network and ios 6.1.2 (jailbroken)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: iphone 4 no service

my mate had this issue the other day, I tried fucking everything I could think of with regards to power off, respring, Hard reset, then my wife popped the sim out and back in and the fucker came straight back to life (Bitch)!
    If you've already tried that and it sounds like I'm saying you're a jackass then I apologise

Sent From TapaTalk

Thanks to littlebilly1

DejaVu (4th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Mine's about the same age as yours and also on 3 and I have had a slightly unreliable service over the last two weeks. I've previously had the speaker unit out to replace but the supplier sent one for the 4s which has a longer antennae cable, so I put the old one back in. Maybe I'll change that and see what happens. Anyhow I thought I'd mention my service on 3 has been a bit hit and miss lately.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

been a few issues with three up here last couple days, make sure its not network first

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had same issue with my jailbroken 4s also on three but sorry I cant remember FW at the time but i think it was 6.1.1.
    Tried all the normal fixes, resets, swapping sims etc but no joy and had resigned to the fact it was screwed and a hardware issue. Gutted as was out of warranty by a month.
    Out of desperation I then did an update to 6.1.3 through itunes and miraculously got coverage back. In hindsight I wished Id just ran redsnow again and re-jailbroke the device, this may be an option for you.
    Not sure ...check first but i think 6.1.3 on the Iphone 4 can be jailbroken, if this is correct then try updating to 6.1.3 then jailbreak again. If this fails then bad luck and I think its your antenna....have you dropped your phone recently?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just went to report a fault and there's a message saying some customers are not able to access the Internet and they are fixing it. See the attached screen grab.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370340963.587971.jpg

Although seeing as I've just replied using my phone it might be improving already in Birmingham (North East).
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for the replys it just came back on good as gold on Monday morning presume there was a problem with the network

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by littlebilly1 View Post
    my mate had this issue the other day, I tried fucking everything I could think of with regards to power off, respring, Hard reset, then my wife popped the sim out and back in and the fucker came straight back to life (Bitch)!
    If you've already tried that and it sounds like I'm saying you're a jackass then I apologise

Sent From TapaTalk
    Exactly the same thing happened to me.
    My son suggested removing the Sim and putting it back while the phone was switched on.
    He did it and the phone sprang back to life. Not sure why, turning the phone off and doing it doesn't make a difference. Maybe it shocks it in to working.

Who knows!?