Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help DPD - Have they got CCTV / Covert CCTV?

Hi all,

ive ordered some expensive items, well a few hundreds pounds worth of ornaments, and DPD delivered the first time, for some reason it was the wrong house number and was actually the opposite neighbor as the numbers are odds then evens, but still with the name on the front the neighbor would have fetched it around as every time a parcel gets dropped off its fetched around to me.

So after an investigation the driver has said a large male with fair hair, and approached the van and signed for the items, which is totally random and bizarre! so the company i bought from, resent the items, again with DPD grrrr!

Guesswhat, appears to be signed for, and again no items, another investigation is underway, this time they have mentioned the police, and that dpd have CCTV for internal use so will investigate the footage and description....

Not sure if this is just a blag, to make me say, o hang on i have the items the neighbor just bought them round or some cock and bull story, so asked for a crime ref number, and nothing, but give me there investigation number..

a quick google, jeez theres some negative stuff about dpd floating around! but cant find anything on this covert CCTV crap? it would be good if they did, so they can find the magpie stealing the silver!
    anyone have any knowledge on this....

i have an inclin that its just them trying to make me change my mind, as its coincidence that it happened twice, but ive not received fair and square, i want my money back but have to wait until the investigation is complete!

happened to my mother in law before, she bought aload of stuff off BIDTV and she wasnt in, no note for delivery was left, but they had put it in the outside bin! luckly bins had been emptied and she only noticed when putting rubbish out!

Also had a phonecall earlier, bit of a cock up, was DPD office asking for the driver, as i have the text saying so and so is delivering your parcel today etc etc, and a quick google of the number was them, they really are stupid and full of blunders!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: DPD - Have they got CCTV / Covert CCTV?

My dealings with DPD are all positive they always are on time and within the times the txt tells me.

Thanks to ant3b

mrphil (4th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ive had a few items before, never an issue, but this has been a right nightmare!
    and would love to find out if it is true that they have cctv! and why they didnt do this on the first occasion!

Thanks
    Karma Level

if they use cctv it has to be signposted otherwise it is unlawful - a data protection requirement.

Thanks to Zippeyrude

mrphil (4th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

That only accounts for private property. If the CCTV was in the van on a public road then they can film what they like.

i'm sure there's a few people on here with dash cams, no warning needed.
    Last edited by stimpy; 4th June 2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks to stimpy

mrphil (4th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

no it doesnt

any processing of personal data is subject to data protection, subject to some exemptions, which wouldnt appky to a comnercial firm recordibg in this manner

Thanks to Zippeyrude

mrphil (4th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

he shouldn't have handed it to someone who approached his van anyway. You have to hand it to someone who comes through the front door or who demonstrates they have access to the house. Classic fraud tactic that is, order items such as phones then park outside the house waiting for the delivery.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks to maltloaf

mrphil (4th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post

i'm sure there's a few people on here with dad cams, no warning needed.
    Not an 1ncestual paedo. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks to Geko

mrphil (4th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    he shouldn't have handed it to someone who approached his van anyway. You have to hand it to someone who comes through the front door or who demonstrates they have access to the house. Classic fraud tactic that is, order items such as phones then park outside the house waiting for the delivery.
    I have had this on a couple of occasions when I have gone out to meet a delivery driver he has insisted I open the door etc as proof I am the correct person and one even asked for identification, I have never had a problem doing this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I have had this on a couple of occasions when I have gone out to meet a delivery driver he has insisted I open the door etc as proof I am the correct person and one even asked for identification, I have never had a problem doing this.
    Makes perfect sense when you put it like that. Strange thing is I've lost count of times I've been having a smoke out the front and seen the driver whose handed kit over to me without asking anything except my name.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Not an 1ncestual paedo. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Typo fixed, stupid autocorrect.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I take it you never watched the bbc documentary about postal services. I had a mate work for dpd and without going into too much detail, most of them are bent as fuck and things go missing regular. especially when a new phone, console and video card comes out. I heard stories of people working at 'certain' delivery firms ringing people to sell big sreen plasma TV's while they are working and meeting up to do the deal. theres a lot more going on that they let on and their insurance must be going through the roof. everyone was at it.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    Makes perfect sense when you put it like that. Strange thing is I've lost count of times I've been having a smoke out the front and seen the driver whose handed kit over to me without asking anything except my name.
    As a former postie, we were always told never to give mail to anyone who were not inside of the destination property. One of the few things RM got right. The evading dogs training however....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    As a former postie, we were always told never to give mail to anyone who were not inside of the destination property. One of the few things RM got right. The evading dogs training however....
    funnily enough I was reading our 'evading dogs' risk assessments yesterday. They are written like the bit out of demolition man when the cop's hand held terminal is telling him what to do.

"Don't make eye contact"
    "Back away slowly"
    "Plan your escape route"
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

funnily enough I was reading our 'evading dogs' risk assessments yesterday. They are written like the bit out of demolition man when the cop's hand held terminal is telling him what to do.

"Don't make eye contact"
    "Back away slowly"
    "Plan your escape route"
    That sounds similar to ours, the main thing i remember was "if you think your going to be attached, use your sack to cover your face and let the dog have its way" needless to say dogs were not so bad because they are behind closed doors, cats on the other hand were just viscous. From hissing to attempting murder. Fuck doing that job again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

"if you think your going to be attached, use your sack to cover your face and let the dog have its way"
    Attached to what ??? ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

spoke to a DPD driver today and he told me they have a camera on the van but only for reversing and it does not record. he also mentioned the scanners they use record where they are how long they are there and they are very accurate.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the vans they use have trackers inside them, I got a dpd delivery due the other week which never turned up, I had to ring their depot who in turn got in touch with the driver who said he had delivered them - NOT
    the guy on the phone logged into the tracking system and found the EXACT address his driver had delivered the item to. a few minutes later and I was happily the owner of a shiny new parcel which the guy who took it in, instead of bringing it up to me he said he was just having tea then was going to come up - yeah ok dick head
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ive lost count of the many times ive taken stuff of posties around us when we have been setting out of the house, and they have always given us the item without identification. and we were outside our gates at the time
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    and we were outside our gates at the time
    Fuck me you must be rich.... no gates round my way. just tin roofs lined with asbestos !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast