Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 FIFA 14 gameplay trailer showcases match tempo, possession and physics

EA has released a new FIFA 14 gameplay trailer, which takes us through a number of the infinitesimal variations that, doubtless, add up to something completely and utterly distinct from literally every FIFA game ever coded. If you look closely, you can see grass, footballs and men kicking footballs. It's out on 27th September for current gen consoles, and at a later date for next generation consoles - only the former are mentioned in the video.

Source: Rheena.com
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: FIFA 14 gameplay trailer showcases match tempo, possession and physics

We've finally got our our unwashed mitts on FIFA 14, after previewing it at length in April, and we're generally impressed at how EA is going about trying to make a more exciting, realistic game of football. It's no mammoth overhaul, clearly, but the devil does appear to be in the detail. The full hands-on preview will be in next month's issue of OXM, out 7th June, but here are a few preliminary thoughts from Richard Meade on how the new FIFA will force you to change your tactics.

Prepare to think more

From our first experience with the game FIFA 14 is shaping up to be more of a thinking man's FIFA. It feels slower and more deliberate, with emphasis placed on picking the right time to play the killer ball or skin a defender. The heart of the game is in the midfield, so be prepared to think harder about how you can win the midfield battle and create attacking opportunities.

Get more physical

The new Protect the Ball feature brings an added layer of physicality to the game without getting all Joey Barton. Strong players have a new advantage on the field and the best, such as Yaya Toure, can use their strength to dominate, winning the ball, holding off tackles and making penetrating runs.

Speed isn't everything

Having pace in FIFA 14 isn't an advantage on its own. Unless your pace is coupled with a keen sense of when to use your speed and at least a decent amount of dribbling skill you'll find that sprinting can be a quick way to lose possession. Lumbering defenders who sprint into challenges can be sidestepped easily and find themselves out of position meaning you'll have to think twice before charging with or without the ball.

Shoot from range

The new shooting animations and ball physics mean that shots bend, twist and curve more, and you can generally hit them harder. As such, it's an absolute delight to channel Paul Scholes in his heyday and just shoot on site from outside the area. We scored some absolute belters in our short time with the game. It already feels like Career Mode lovers may want to stock up on players with good long-shooting stats.

Mix it up

EA wants to reduce the number of cheap goals that result from FIFA's long-established love affair with pace. Fielding a full variety of tactics is now much more effective. We had great fun trying out a few different styles, from continental passing to the long-ball game - FIFA 14 seemed to realistically reward and punish each approach. The developers want any style of play to be an option, and if they deliver on this it'll be worth having a few alternative ideas as to how you'll fashion chances, just in case plan A goes to pot.

Source: Rheena.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: FIFA 14 gameplay trailer showcases match tempo, possession and physics

Cant say I get too excited with the previews all nice and Glossy and and promises of this and that but until they sort out the bloody scripting or do away totally with scripting it will prove to be as annoying as hell!

13 currently play like's its on rails the amount of 45 and 90 minute goals its unreal! All the fancy skills that are shown and wonder goals and in reality what happens is a hoof up-field a defender falling over and a keeper who looks (when the game decides) like he has never even seen a ball.

Its just a shame FIfa doesn't have any good competition as it looks like Pro Evo will not be any good either. Fifa to me looks like its developed by people who have seen football but don't really watch or know football and the fact its developed by Canadians may prove my point.

I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be the game we have all been waiting for but I have my reservations!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've kind of turned my back on Fifa the past few months its all getting too samey for me and I think this year I'll leave it a while before I buy it but I doubt I'd have much time for gaming this year anyway. It doesn't look to bad but the improvements seem minimal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hate the fact when the opposition pass the ball up field and you know where the ball or the player is going to run to but your defender is stuck in glue and has a scripted delay so you cant nick the ball quickly.