Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Skybox F3 or F5 help, advice or support needed? give uncle det a shout.

looking forward to it det

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Skybox F3 or F5 help, advice or support needed? give uncle det a shout.

Wouldn't touch one even if they were free load of cock they are as Digi said put a few bob and get a cheap TM for an extra 30 / 40 sheets . The plugin difference is day and night and its a legit box. FTP is big thing for me fuck all that shit fucking about with usb sticks etc etc . It's alright for a box in the bedroom that's as far as it goes. No exaggerating ive owned near 70% of the boxs on most sat sites E1 E2 and skyboxs are the worst I've ever owned due to faulty power supply's to dodgy lan. Best has been solo2 but the best budget one was a TM 500 after 4 years its never been flashed or had a problem. I bet most of you have never had a proper / decent box . Thats why you are all jumping on the skybox band wagon. Buy a decent box and your opinion will change pretty quick i assure you allthough it would be pretty stupid to buy a box now unless your using it for multisat just my 50p's worth

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks to bobo06

digi247 (10th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bobo06 View Post
    Wouldn't touch one even if they were free load of cock they are as Digi said put a few bob and get a cheap TM for an extra 30 / 40 sheets . The plugin difference is day and night and its a legit box. FTP is big thing for me fuck all that shit fucking about with usb sticks etc etc . It's alright for a box in the bedroom that's as far as it goes. No exaggerating ive owned near 70% of the boxs on most sat sites E1 E2 and skyboxs are the worst I've ever owned due to faulty power supply's to dodgy lan. Best has been solo2 but the best budget one was a TM 500 after 4 years its never been flashed or had a problem. I bet most of you have never had a proper / decent box . Thats why you are all jumping on the skybox band wagon. Buy a decent box and your opinion will change pretty quick i assure you allthough it would be pretty stupid to buy a box now unless your using it for multisat just my 50p's worth
    The last part of your thread there is exactly the reason why anyone thinking of going in to sat scene should just invest £45 in an F5 - even if the whole scene goes down in the next couple of months you`ll have had your moneys worth out of it. Im only using my existing Skydish with my f5 now - whats to be gained by going into a motorised setup? I realise there loads more channels available but arent the majority of them foreign and Im not interested in any sports stuff so would I have anything to gain really?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MoNkFiSh View Post
    The last part of your thread there is exactly the reason why anyone thinking of going in to sat scene should just invest £45 in an F5 - even if the whole scene goes down in the next couple of months you`ll have had your moneys worth out of it. Im only using my existing Skydish with my f5 now - whats to be gained by going into a motorised setup? I realise there loads more channels available but arent the majority of them foreign and Im not interested in any sports stuff so would I have anything to gain really?

Thats exactly the point as bobo06 mentioned get a decent receiver and a motorised dish and that way you prolong your hobby compared to a ticking time bomb that's waiting to happen on 28.2° east, I have available to me just under 10,000 TV channels with movies ,Sports,Docu,Kids etc... all available with an english language track and some for free, the Skybox already loses out having only a 5000 channel memory. There are just too many positives to list from an E2 box compared to a skybox.

I am just awaiting the influx of F3/F5/X3/X5's on a famous auction site going for peanuts and the following posts cursing sellers who sold them with a 12month 'Gift' which they are now out of pocket, In the meantime i will still enjoy my 8,800 channels that are still freely avaialble for a long time to come.

Thanks to digi247

raelmadrid (10th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi det

mine keep cycling theough up to 100 then going back to the begining like its stuck in a re-boot i have a nul mosem cable coming tomorow and have seen some guides but if you have any extra info can you pm me please

thanks

leigh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    hi det

mine keep cycling theough up to 100 then going back to the begining like its stuck in a re-boot i have a nul mosem cable coming tomorow and have seen some guides but if you have any extra info can you pm me please

thanks

leigh
    dets jumped ship mate.. I think his health got the better of him and he is taking a break.. he said he may come back but who knows..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not that hard to find the recovery programes

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by digi247 View Post
    I am just awaiting the influx of F3/F5/X3/X5's on a famous auction site going for peanuts and the following posts cursing sellers who sold them with a 12month 'Gift' which they are now out of pocket, In the meantime i will still enjoy my 8,800 channels that are still freely avaialble for a long time to come.
    Ok, I was very close to doing this, I'm after a box with a nice EPG.

Couple of questions - is an enigma2 an EPG type or an OS?

What does a motorized setup cost with receiver box/dish? Will the Dreambox DM800 HD run that?

Can I install this myself?

Do your other 8,800 channels require a 'gift' or are they encrypted?

Thanks for reading, all help appreciated.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Enigma2 is a type of OS a motorized setup can range from 150 - 400 it all depends were you live a 800hd is fine. It's a ball ache to install yourself as everything needs to be straight and bang on a sat easy if you know what your doing if not get a pro to do it. Yes most require a gift. If its for footy there isn't much on euro sat unless you can hit 7w.

2 Thanks given to bobo06

Chubbs (26th August 2013),  jimmyb (26th August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi det ,is it worth me getting a vu duo box or would you stick with the f5,just I believe you can record with the duo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    hi det ,is it worth me getting a vu duo box or would you stick with the f5,just I believe you can record with the duo
    If you want a decent receiver with full EPG and the ability to do loads more get a VU.

If you just want a cheap box that's limited get an F5.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He was warned but chose to ignore the warnings. . . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to drag this up.

I am moving TV's around in the house, One has Freesat HD and Freeview HD, the other Freeview.
    Problem is I am moving the one with Freeview into the room with Satellite only coming in.. So Freesat HD would be a plus.

Freesat HD boxes are not the cheapest, but the F5 looks ok plus is only £50.

Would I get the channels I currently get on Freesat HD on it? Obviously at some point I might do some more playing, but to start it will be used to just get something onto the TV in that room.

I am only after a cheap solution, I don't want to start messing with motorised dishes/expensive boxes etc...
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Sorry to drag this up.

I am moving TV's around in the house, One has Freesat HD and Freeview HD, the other Freeview.
    Problem is I am moving the one with Freeview into the room with Satellite only coming in.. So Freesat HD would be a plus.

Freesat HD boxes are not the cheapest, but the F5 looks ok plus is only £50.

Would I get the channels I currently get on Freesat HD on it? Obviously at some point I might do some more playing, but to start it will be used to just get something onto the TV in that room.

I am only after a cheap solution, I don't want to start messing with motorised dishes/expensive boxes etc...
    You would get all the freesat channels mate.

Thanks to Ashley

Goldberg (28th August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cool, might give this a go then.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Cool, might give this a go then.
    If in the future you think you may want to play around more it might be worth spending just that little bit more to get a better box.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hahaha, baby steps I am already confused looking into 'Sealions' and scouring other sites for the info. Not sure I have the time/patience right now.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

im now back if anyone needs any help or advice.
    @rookie, sorry m8 but ive not been too well last few weeks but ive managed to get my hiv in control now.

the 100 reboot, or sometimes sticking on 100 is because of a bad update, bad firmware etc and to fix this you will need a serial cable something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-Meter-N...item416245c9b3
    but I would check your connections to make sure that's the right one.

once you connect your box with the cable to your pc you will need a recovery application, im currently waiting for the skybox team to provide me with a legal recovery app so I can host it myself or upload to df (if its ok with admin) I also have clear instructions too
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will soon because I'm going to grab one

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

m8 they are worth the investment, even just for a freesat/freeview hd box.
    A wise man once said " "

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast