Close

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Skybox F3 or F5 help, advice or support needed? give uncle det a shout.

Not really tried to be honest. I use it purely for $kySports..
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Skybox F3 or F5 help, advice or support needed? give uncle det a shout.

Aye same here for sports but I watch all the UFC which is often on 2am-6am etc so may have to do a few more runs prior to this weekend!

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

tbh theres a lot of small problems with the original firmware, the problem is space and fitting everything you want into such a small space/chip.

another things that niggles me is the fact that the media players in skyboxes don't have a single button to get them up, you have to go through the menu to get to it. there should have been a single button, when pressed it opens the media player.

we are looking into these as possibilities for any future cfw.
    A wise man once said " "

2 Thanks given to Detector

BigBrand (4th November 2013),  Goldberg (4th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not bothered in the FW upgrade as of yet. As above I only use it for certain amount of channels and go straight in etc.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Have you had much success with the timer function?

I set a USB powered 320GB external HD to record to with two timers. Maximum limit is 2 hours, so did 12-2am and then 02:01 till 4am. Only the first timer worked for some reason, and couldn't have done it in HD as it wasn't playing back properly.

Anyone had any real success with the timers?
    The default setting for the timer is 2 hours, but it can be set to any time you want. Just type in your desired time in the "Duration" field of the Timer Setting.

Thanks to fossil

BigBrand (5th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    It'a real shame we can edit the favs lists on the PC and transfer them to the F5 box. Only thing that does my head in is getting my favs back in order after an updated CL.

Had quite a bit of glitching this weekend on the footy, nothing to crazy though.
    Did you mean "...cant edit..."?

If so just google for channel editors. There are at least 3 for these boxes.

What problems are you having with your favourites after a channel update?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    If your drive is formatted to Fat32 the recording length is nothing to do with recording time its the file size! Aint there a 4GB limit?
    Yep. There is a 4GB file size limit on FAT32, but that shouldn't be a problem with these boxes as they split the recording up into 1GB files on the hard drive.

2 Thanks given to fossil

BigBrand (5th November 2013),  Detector (5th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea sorry. I didn't realise there was stuff out there. When I install new CH List I lose my favourites.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello

I have a Skybox F5. I had one with the latest firmware from March 2013. I found the occasional stuttering on some HD channels very annoying as both the sound and picture would momentarily freeze. From what I understand this momentary stuttering is linked to the 'provider' of your channels.

However, I read on another forum that the November 2012 firmware was slightly better. I did downgrade to this and it is an improvement. Although the occasional stutters still appear it has more of an internet buffer effect rather a freezing effect. This means the sound is continuous. Although it doesn't eliminate the stutter I find the continuous sound makes it a little more bearable. I did also try and compare it to the January 2013 firmware but that had the same problem as the March 2013. For people with picture freezing issues do try the November 2012 firmware and see if it is better.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its not so much a firmware issue but this can happen for multiple reasons, for example if you have 3/4 different things all connected to the same network and the skybox is trying to authorise the channels but something else is hogging the bandwidth it will start to stutter.
    if yoiur internet connection is poor, or your Ethernet cables might need replacing. then theres the internet itself, we all think of it as always on but its not - its not a constant things and it too can have blips which again will cause this type of effect. I would not receommend any firmware other than something from official sites or people. and its certainly not allowed here - only channel list information so please do not post any links to firmware
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive never uodated the firmware on mine. Its a fairly old box. I update channel list tho. Stuttering could even be down to your dish. Why not try another supplier. To be honest a little "scrambled" as the kids call it doesnt matter. However they have been warned enjoy it while it lasts cost daddy hasnt got the pennies to pay for sky disney

Thanks to rookie

Detector (9th November 2013)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was just going to add about when it rains too rookie you bet me to it m8. you are right, it could be the dish at times of bad weather or even lnb on its way out - ive seen it myself.

all skyboxes will get some glitching to some degree but the problem is when you go with someone whos set up a cheap server thinking they can run it from home without proper investment.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks to Detector

rookie (10th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive just managed to pick up a dm500c but trying to.set it up.for cable cardshare. Hopefully i will get an hour this week to.try and set it up. Shame.it aint a hd box but it was only a tenner

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thought you'd have set it up by now Rookie lol. Got the Dm500c running here no probs although no matter what I do it won't find the SD movie channels. I have a Ferguson Ariva 102cable coming from Germany on Tuesday so hopefully that will find the correct freqs
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks to satzzz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by satzzz View Post
    Thought you'd have set it up by now Rookie lol. Got the Dm500c running here no probs although no matter what I do it won't find the SD movie channels. I have a Ferguson Ariva 102cable coming from Germany on Tuesday so hopefully that will find the correct freqs
    Tried the other night then i realised none of my tvs have scart gonna see if i still have my scart adapter for my panasonic at work. I cant use the samsung as its not near my cable connection and want to see if it works first before moving everything in the living room. May have to give u a shout if i get stuck. What image u using on the box mate

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm using the PLi image with built in auto scan for all areas. If you need it I can ip it to my Dropbox tomorrow and pm you the link
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm using the PLi image with built in auto scan for all areas. If you need it I can ip it to my Dropbox tomorrow and pm you the link
    The image i got on there is a pli one i will take box to work.tomoro and check what image exactly it is but i grabbed it from the other place where u saw me post. Does it include the cable xml

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah when you go to select the scan it gives you a Virmin option. Select it then hit OK

Thanks to satzzz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah when you go to select the scan it gives you a Virmin option. Select it then hit OK
    Thanks mate hopefully i can get box up and running this week aporciate ur help. Ive read up a lot so hopefully will be a doddle

Thanks
    Karma Level

hello all very intrested in getting a sky box f5 where can i get one ive looked on eba ive seen them for £50 what will i have to do to get it up and running for the fotty any help would be gr8

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast